VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:16:23 06/02/17 Fri
Author: In my opinion (see inside)
Subject: One of the reasons why the 2009-2010 season was bad
In reply to: Stooge 's message, "Will Ferrell / Green Day - May 16, 2009 (S34 E22)" on 07:02:57 06/02/17 Fri

I think one of the reasons why the 2009-2010 season ended up not being great was the fact that the season did not have a lot of comedic hosts. While the 2008-2009 season had lots of strong hosts who were experienced in comedy as well as drama, we had more less comedic hosts throughout the show's 35th season.

With the exception of hosts like Zach Galifianakis, Jon Hamm, Betty White, Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, and even Taylor Swift, a lot of the hosts during the 2009-2010 season were just not known for being comedic. We had season Megan Fox, Jennifer Lopez, January Jones, Gabourie Sidibe, Taylor Lautner, Sigourney Weaver, and Ryan Phillippe. The 2009-2010 season also was the first season that we had in a while where some hosts were given almost anything funny to do on the show. I remember being disappointed by the episodes that were hosted by Ryan Reynolds and Zach Galifianakis, as they were pretty much wasted with the comedic roles they were given.At least Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Blake Lively were given funny stuff to do when they hosted. I'm still waiting for Levitt to host for his third time.

Even though the writing during the 2010-2011 season was not great, we ended up having more comedic hosting choices during that year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.