VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:06:45 06/06/17 Tue
Author: -
Subject: Predictions/hopes for next season?

What do you hope (or expect) next season will look like for the show? There are several factors they have to take into account and address:

1) They need to find someone to play Trump. Having Alec do it for 4 years is not a realistic solution. I think their best bet would be to have Beck do it (but...he's already playing Pence) or hire a new male cast member to do it. Anthony Atamanuik is no longer a viable option as a) his show on Comedy Central got picked up for more episodes and b) I think he hates SNL in general after what they pulled with Alec.

2) It would be nice if they had a male black cast member that wasn't Kenan. Through listening to podcasts, I have become familiar with a few people, like Zeke Nicholson and Carl Tart who have been funny lately on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast. There is also Chris Redd, whose work I'm less familiar with (other than his role in Popstar).

3) I would think they need to promote Mikey Day to a full cast member next season. Assuming Alex remains as featured, that would be a male cast of Kenan, Beck, Kyle, Pete, and Mikey, with Alex as a FP. Thus they probably will hire at least one more male FP, hopefully a black guy (see above) or someone older who can play middle-aged parts.

4) Female cast will be Kate, Aidy, Cecily, and Leslie.
A cast of 4 women's not that unusual really. I assume they will keep Melissa and maybe hire another female FP. Again, there are so many funny female comedians, especially ones working in the UCB arena like Jessica McKenna (who was on the Fox sketch show "Party Over Here"), Mary Holland, Lauren Lapkus, Claudia O'Doherty, etc. I almost wish they'd reconsider Alison Rich, but she's been fired once by the show already so I doubt they'd audition her again.

5) Do they need a "fat guy" in the cast? It probably doesn't hurt to have one. Jon Gabrus would be ideal in my opinion, it would probably mean he'd be able to appear on CBB a lot less as intern Gino but he's the perfect Bobby replacement if they want the same type of guy.

Thoughts?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.