VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:16:25 06/10/17 Sat
Author: -
Subject: Hot take (or probably not) but "Rough Night" doesn't look that good to me
In reply to: - 's message, "Off-season comedy thread" on 16:37:25 05/23/17 Tue

I think the couple that wrote the movie together, Paul W Downs and Lucia Aniello, are funny (they have written for "Broad City" and did that "Time Traveling Bong" thing for Comedy Central), but the trailers don't seem that funny to me so far. It may be a case of them just being bad trailers, and maybe the majority of the movie is too R-rated to put in a trailer. Also, the movie seems like kind of a blatant ripoff of "Very Bad Things", which I notice hasn't been mentioned by anyone (every time I read an article it compares the movie to
"The Hangover" and "Bridesmaids").

Kate deciding to do a "funny" accent in the movie is also problematic; I really don't want her going down the Kristen Wiig route with her film roles.

I am looking forward to "The House" a lot more; that movie looks a lot funnier and it's great to see Mantzoukas getting some bigger roles in movies.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.