VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:49:32 06/24/17 Sat
Author: -
Subject: The MTV awards did used to be better, especially when Ben Stiller hosted
In reply to: from an MTV Awards from the early 90s 's message, "Anyone remember this: Pinhead from Hellraiser VS David Spade's Receptionist character" on 11:30:15 06/24/17 Sat

I remember several years in the '90s when Stiller hosted the movie awards and used Bob Odenkirk, David Cross, etc., basically all the people he did "The Ben Stiller Show" with. The sketches were all really funny and well written. (I think Zoolander originated from a VH1 awards show actually).

I don't think they've had anybody good working on the movie awards since the year Scott Aukerman and the Lonely Island guys worked on the show (that was the year the Bruno/Eminem thing happened and Scott got banned from working for MTV for revealing that the whole thing was staged afterwards).

In recent years, they've had people like Rebel Wilson, Amy Schumer, and Adam Devine hosting the show, so it's no wonder it hasn't been any good.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.