VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:21:29 07/09/17 Sun
Author: -
Subject: Predictions for the first half of next season

I'm going to take a stab at trying to predict how the first half of the season will go. Will be interesting to see how many I get correct/wrong.

Sep.30- Steve Carell/Arcade Fire
Carell will be promoting "Battle of the Sexes" and also coming off of "Despicable Me 3" this summer. Kristen Wiig and Emma Stone could make cameos. Arcade Fire have an album coming out at the end of this month and have been the MG for the season premiere before.

Oct. 7- Gal Gadot/Halsey
Gadot was one of the breakout stars of the summer and I figure she will host early in the season a la Margot Robbie last season. Halsey was the first woman to have a #1 album on the Billboard charts this year (A feat only matched by Katy Perry and Lorde so far, and they already were MGs last season)

Oct. 14th- Ryan Gosling/Camila Cabello
Gosling will be promoting "Blade Runner 2049". He seemed to have fun the last time he hosted. Cabello's album will probably be getting a big promotional push from her record label when it comes out in September.

(Don't know if they will instead do shows on the 7th, 14th, and 21st. If so, they would be able to do more of a Halloween show on the 21st. This might be a good place for Jon Hamm to host- They could even bring back Will Forte to cameo, he will be promoting a new season of Last Man on Earth anyway)

November 4th- Kristen Bell/Foo Fighters
Bell will be promoting "Bad Moms Christmas" and also the new season of "The Good Place" on NBC. It becomes harder to predict MGs at this point but Foo Fighters do have a new album coming out Sep. 15th and they've been the MG many, many times before.

November 11th- Ben Affleck/Taylor Swift
This seems like the logical place for Affleck to host to promote "Justice League". There's the distinct possibility that Taylor will have new material to promote by this point. If not, there's always the possibility she could be a combo host/MG in December.

November 18th- Will Ferrell/ ?
This is the Thanksgiving show and Ferrell could host to promote "Daddy's Home 2". MG could be Taylor or someone else- fall album releases are kinda up in the air at this point.

Dec. 2- Could be James Franco to promote his movie "The Disaster Artist" (in which plays "The Room" director Tommy Wiseau). He has hosted around Christmas before. I really think they'll probably save any Star Wars hosts for January like they have the last 2 seasons.

Dec. 9- This would actually be a good play for Taylor to be the host/MG if she doesn't do one or the other in November. Other possibilities: Kevin Hart or Jack Black for "Jumanji". I doubt Dwayne will host again so soon- and I really hope it's not Kevin Hart. Of those 3 I'd most like to see JB host again because he hasn't done it in a while.

Could also be Matt Damon or Jason Sudeikis for "Downsizing". Sudekis doesn't strike me as someone who is really interested in hosting though.

Dec. 16- Anna Kendrick for Pitch Perfect 3

Kendrick seems like someone who should have hosted again by now, her last episode was pretty good.

I realize I leaned kind of heavily on repeat hosts except for Gadot and Bell.
Possibilites for first-time hosts: Kumail Nanjiani (His movie "The Big Sick" has done pretty well), Donald Glover (I think they'll save him for next year though closer to when the Han Solo movie comes out), Tom Hiddleston for "Thor: Ragnorok" (could predict him being boring in the same way Benedict Cumberbatch was), Hailee Steinfeld (probably long shot- although she is becoming more successful as an actress/musician).

I know people want both Will Forte and Bob Odenkirk to host but I don't see either of those happening. We also talked about Larry David hosting again but maybe he would just cameo? Bernie Sanders is not the big deal he was back in 2016. I could certainly see him cameoing in a Trump sketch near the beginning of the season though.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.