VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:11:26 08/01/17 Tue
Author: host (the season premier)
Subject: Well, it's August 1. Here's who I think is likely to, at this point,
In reply to: - 's message, "Predictions for the first half of next season" on 10:21:29 07/09/17 Sun

June and July are over. Now is the time we usually start hearing snippets of news pertaining to the upcoming new season. With the possible exception of this past season, when we, for some reason, found out about the season premier host and musical guest the week before Season 42 started.

After reviewing what movies did very well over the past two months as well as upcoming movies and television premiers close to when Season 43 is most likely to start- probably either September 23 or September 30-- hear are my guesses as to who is likely to host the Season 43 premier:

1. Gal Gadot-- Fresh off the success of "Wonder Woman". I believe Gadot has been the break-out star of the Summer and is the most likely to host the premier at this point. If she does not end up hosting the premier, I could see her hosting in November to promote "Justice League".

2. Jon Hamm-- Fresh off of co-starring in "Baby Driver", which was a big hit of the Summer. If Hamm does end up hosting the preimer, it will be hist first hosting stint since October 2010! Hamm is way overdue to host again at this point. If he does host the premier, it will DEFINITELY be a very welcoming return for him to SNL!

3. Kumail Nanjiani-- Starred in "The Big Sick", which was a hit in the comedy department this Summer. With "Rough Night" and "The House" both bombing, "The big Sick" was y the best reviewed Comedy movie of the Summer so far. If Nanjiani does not end up hosting the season premier, I could see him hosting either the second, third, or fourth episode of the upcoming new season.

4. Either Steve Carell or Emma Stone-- To promote "Battle of the Sexes", which opens September 22-- which will be very close to the season premier most likely. Both are friends of the show and are likely to host, if not the premier, then sometime during the season as I think "Battle of the Sexes" will be a possible contender during the upcoming Awards Season. It would also be pretty cool if they both ended up hosting the premier together, which is something I could see end up happening as I could see SNL doing something special for the upcoming Season 43 premier episode.

5. Larry David-- To promote the new season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm", which premiers October 1. David's first show from two season ago was terrific and I could see him hosting again.

So, these are my predictions for the upcoming season. What are your thoughts? Who do you think, at this point, is likely to host the upcoming Season 43 premier episode?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Miley Cyrus announced her new album is coming out Sep. 29th- Jesus, I hope this doesn't -- mean she's gonna be the MG again for the premiere, 12:45:23 08/08/17 Tue
  • SNL seems to like having Miley on every two years. 2011, 2013 -- and 2015 (2017 continues this pattern), 13:17:38 08/08/17 Tue
    VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.