VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:39:38 08/06/17 Sun
Author: -
Subject: In watching the reruns over the summer, I've discovered something interesting

Day and Seidell's sketches really seem to hold up the most of anything in the show. All the topical stuff has not aged well at all (especially anything pre-Trump getting elected), and I find some of the "millennial"-ness of Kelly & Scheider's stuff to be annoying.

But Day and Seidell write sketches that are very silly and not tied to any specific time period or even knowledge of pop culture. They are as funny now as they will be 20 years from now. I think Day even acknowledged this in an interview- that they try to write things that aren't going to become dated. They really are well-suited to writing live sketches for a broad, wide audience-friendly comedy-variety show.

Often times in the episodes like over half the live show is Day and Seidell's work. They also collaborate well with other people (like how they built the dirty talking sketch around what Melissa can do, or working with Kate on the "Close Encounter" sketches). They seem to be generous writers wanting to make everyone they work with funny.

I think if Kelly & Schneider were to leave the show it would be logical for them to take over as the head writers.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.