VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:05:58 08/13/17 Sun
Author: -
Subject: Analysis of re-airs

I remember there was a thread like this on the old SNL board. It's kind of an interesting topic just to see which episodes were never repeated and which are considered the "bad" episodes.

I got my info from here: http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/saturday-night-live/listings/
So some of it may be incomplete or inaccurate.

Season 34 (2008-2009): As far as I can tell, the Michael Phelps season premiere is the only episode that didn't get repeated. Even the Rosario Dawson episode got repeated (I think it was the last episode of the season to get repeated, on 8/8/09)

Season 35 (2009-2010): Unsurprisingly, the January Jones episode never got a repeat. The Gabourey Sidibe episode was the last episode of the season to finally get a repeat on 8/14/10

Season 36 (2010-2011): Every episode this season got repeated at least once. The last 2 episodes to get a repeat were Ed Helms (8/6/11) and and Jesse Eisenberg (8/13/11)

Season 37 (2011-2012): The Steve Buscemi episode never got repeated. I think the most likely reason for this is that it contained a "Miley Cyrus Show" sketch in which Maya played Whitney Houston. Whitney died in February of 2012, about 2 months after the sketch aired. The last episode to get repeated was Eli Manning (on 9/1/12)

Season 38 (2012-2013): Every episode got at least one repeat. To be honest, I can't even tell which was the last episode to get repeated since most episodes got repeated multiple times. Even the Jeremy Renner episode got 2 repeats. If someone knows for sure please let me know.

Season 39 (2013-2014): Again every episode got repeated at least once. The last episode to get repeated was Jim Parsons on 8/2/14

Season 40 (2014-2015): 3 episodes were never repeated. Sarah Silverman (because of the "Proud Mary" sketch maybe?), Dakota Johnson (ok, this one's more understandable), and Dwayne Johnson/George Ezra (this one I don't understand at all, unless it's a mistake).

Several episodes were not repeated until late in the summer: Reese Witherspoon (8/1/15), Scarlett Johansson/Wiz Khalifa (8/15/15), Michael Keaton/Carly Rae Jepsen (8/22/15), and Taraji P Henson (8/29/15). So the last episode to receive a repeat appears to actually be the Louis Ck/Rihanna season finale which was repeated on 9/26/15, the week before the next season started.

Season 41 (2015-2016)- The Donald Trump episode was never repeated. Haha, I wonder if this will achieve Milton Berle status and never see the light of day again.

The Brie Larson episode was also surprisingly never repeated.Can't really think of a valid reason why, other than that the monologue was Mother's Day-related, maybe limiting its repeat value.

Again, kind of boring in that the last episode to be repeated was the Fred Armisen finale which was repeated on 9/24/16 the week before Season 42 started.

----

So, so far there are 3 episodes that have yet to be repeated from Season 42: Felciity Jones, Octavia Spencer, and Dwayne Johnson. The August 12th repeat was Louis Ck and Aug. 19th is Jimmy Fallon. We still have the 26th for them to repeat Jones or Spencer.

I wonder if they will wait until the Saturday before the premiere (Sep 23rd) to rerun Dwayne's episode again. That seems to be the pattern set by the last 2 seasons.

If I made any mistakes, please correct me, I was just going by the air dates on the Futon Critic site.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.