VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:56:20 08/15/17 Tue
Author: HerbertMcHoover
Subject: Finally got time to take in another episode.
In reply to: season 20 ep hosted by Deion Sanders. 's message, "Our final test episode, wherein we do battle against the" on 16:51:53 08/14/17 Mon

• Yikes... that "departed" part. That almost got pretty dark, haha.

• I liked your quick cast breakdown before the episode started.

• Yeah, not much going on in this cold open. At least it was kept to a brief length. You cannot say the same about the other episodes this season. Haha, also loved "if there's anything good about this skit, there was no Deion Sanders."

• I still really like the usage of the audio clips.

• Major League Players Association would have been better if they focused on more cast members instead of just Sanders and Farley as Kruk. Write in a few more baseball personalities or get another cameo and this would not have been as bad, I think.

• In my review, I said Farley was doing "John Goodman." Great usage of audio again to drive home the point about Farley doing Mets jokes.

• This was a weak Update for the season. The point on Norm's OJ jokes reminded me about how SNL usually devotes the first half of Update to simply Trump jokes these days. At least I counted on Norm's OJ jokes to be funny nearly all of the time (though at the time it must have gotten tiresome for many).

• Again, I liked the audio for Peace, We Outta Here. This episode was bad in so many ways, but this is probably the low-point to this point. McKean was a Hartman replacement, but I could not imagine Hartman as the DJ here.

• SNL Archives said Michael McKean (not Nealon) was the game announcer. Kevin made a wise decision to remain invisible tonight (he did nothing of note this whole season).

• Malcolm McDowell, Deion Sanders and then Paris Hilton are my bottom three episodes, so it is very very tough to review a worse episode than you did here. For season 21, Tom Arnold's episode wasn't pretty though.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.