VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:23:57 08/26/17 Sat
Author: Casey Killingsworth
Subject: Casey Killingsworth's WU Thursday Summer '17 Reviews - 8/24/2017
In reply to: Casey Killingsworth 's message, "Casey Killingsworth's WU Thursday Summer '17 Reviews" on 23:27:33 08/24/17 Thu

Glad to see they managed to sneak a cold open/actual sketch into at least ONE of the. I did like how they adjusted the LFNY line for a prime time Thursday night broadcast. Why didn't they think of that during either of the last two elections when they were just started out doing Weekend Update Thursdays? Anyway, Kenan really walked away with this whole thung here. I also liked how they referected Steve Bannons' firing but Alec's Trump is still kinda stagnating although he fid have some decent lines here like reading from the wrong transcripts. The eclipss jokes and a lot of the other jokes felt too much like low hanging fruit. Y'know, when they eventually would cut to a brief clip of a real Trump speech and you know The President Show is on in less than 90 minutes, it really illuminates the glaring flaws in Baldwins' Trump. Kudos on getting their first use of the term "cuck" into a prime time special.

Did they do that cold open on the same home base stage as Weekend Update? If so, how were they able to completely switch sets THAT fast? That would certainly explain why Jost and Che were seen rushing to sit behind their seats right at the start.

Colins' Best Jokes: racist Pokemon, don't say yellow, Son Delivers Baby, Tiger Woods/Hooters, Dog/Heroin

Che's best jokes: Mexican border wall, Afghanistan, ESPN/Robert Lee/Whitey Powers, Shailene Woodley for congress

Nice to see Pete come back with a funny and pointed commentary. He got off to a bit of a shaky start but I did like his bit of self deprecation there in the middle.

Nice to see Alex Moffats' Connor McGregor get developed more as a character and be given much better material. He was very funny here and it'seems nice to see Alex be given an actual chance to prove himself as a cast member and succeed.

Where's Wes was also a very funny new segment. I liked how it didn't build up to something hyper topical like the rest of the show and snuck it's punchline through at quick speed.

Along with Baldwin as Trump, Cecily as Cathy Anne was fairly easy to predict tonight. Still, I enjoyed seeing her again and she had some good line scattered throught. I particularly enjoyed her glazed Halle Berry X-men eye.

Che really had us going when he tripped up and said "next week" but I'm glad to see they'be already booked a host and MG for the 9/30 season premiere that they were able to announce this early. Ryan Gosling is a decent choice as he was a genuinely funny and game host his first outing who blended in and gelled seamlessly with the cast. I do believe they shouldn'shouldn't recur anything from that show (especially the sleepover with Aidy or the alien abduction with Kate as they have been done enough times to fall victim to the law of diminishing returns). Strange that they couldn't get Beyoncé to promote "Lemonade" but they could easily get Jay-Z to promote his response to it. See you then!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Solid reviews. I thought all three episodes were pretty damn (NT) -- good with the third being the least of the bunch. Definitely (hyped for the new season.), 14:56:03 08/26/17 Sat
  • I feel like Alex made a better showing in these WU eps than he did in all of last season (NT) -- combined. He seems like a really promising cast member now, 15:30:53 08/26/17 Sat
    VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.