VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:03:57 08/26/17 Sat
Author: Jeff
Subject: Never would have guessed this one. (more inside)
In reply to: Strummer 's message, "Season premiere 9/30: Ryan Gosling/Jay Z" on 21:31:52 08/24/17 Thu

Never would have guessed this one. I don't believe Gosling has anything out at present to promote (though I could be wrong about that), and Jay-Z's new album hasn't made nearly as much noise at radio as any of his previous albums.

It's nice to see them actually eschew the obvious or predictable and not simply go with the hottest actor or musical performer at the moment (my money would have been on Luis Fonsi to be the MG for the premiere, seeing as "Despacito" has been the Number One record in the country quite literally all summer long), but if you're gonna pick a host for the premiere who had a low profile over the summer, why Gosling??? That seems incredibly random to me. If you're going to make that left-field a move, wouldn't it be more logical - and exciting for hardcore fans of the show - to simply pick either an alumnus who hasn't done the show in a while or a popular recurring host who's overdue for a return like a Jon Hamm? That would make a lot more sense to me. This is not an encouraging sign for the upcoming season, IMO.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.