VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:35:08 09/21/17 Thu
Author: "Anonymous Express: dont be the only black guy on (an all white show without it!")
Subject: In Living Color skit from 93 doing some good satire on Chris Rock's place on SNL

For whatever reason this vague memory suddenly popped in my head today of seeing a sketch on ILC that made fun of Chris Rock while he was on SNL and how nobody knew he was he during some NBC studios tour. It was a little different than I remembered with it being a American Express commercial parody but otherwise its basically just like I remembered.

Also funny for a few other reasons like the irony of a pre-SNL Molly Shannon appearing it (she actually appeared in bit parts on ILC a bunch of times a few years before she joined SNL) and also Jamie Foxx doing (a damn good by the way) Garrett Morris impression, which another funny coinciden since Garrett starred on The Jamie Foxx Show WB sitcom several years later playing Jamie's uncle.

HAha but damn Shawn Wayans (who I always thought sucked as an actor and was probably the only member of the Wayans family I never thought had any real talent) take on Chris Rock if quite possibly the worst impression I've ever seen (though nice touch on the buck teeth, early 90s Rock had some jacked up teeth for sure) Its actually kinda funny that his only research in preparing for playing Chris Rock was studying his SNL montage intro, anyone notices he wearing his exact outfit and just stays in that weird pose with his fist below his chin (I never would quite tell what the hell Rock was supposed to doing in the montage now that I mention it..lol some strange karate pose or something?) the whole sketch?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.