VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:25:32 10/01/17 Sun
Author: See inside
Subject: I DEFINITELY got a 09-10 vibe from last night's show
In reply to: - 's message, "Holy shit, we may be in for a long season, guys" on 08:08:34 10/01/17 Sun

We had two sketches that were basically 100% rehashes of sketches the did before-- the "Close Encounter" sketch and the return of Kenan's Lounge Singer character. Also, that Chicken Lady sketch did feel to me like they were ripping off Mark McKinney's original "Chicken Lady" character. In addition, that hidden camera sketch, to me, felt like a sloppy rehash of the much-funnier hidden camera sketch with Chris Farley from the early 1990s. You know, the one where he gets furious and starts attacking everyone. That sketch was a classic and I feel the sketch they did last night was a poor attempt to rip off that original sketch.

I did feel a large presence of James Anderson and Kent Sublette throughout the show last night. I do not know if Anderson is one of the head writers or even one of the writing supervisors. But, it feels like he is considering a majority of the sketch writing from last night's show.

I'm hoping last night's show was a fluke and that the next two shows are better. But, judging from last night's show, I have a REALLY bad feeling about this season!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Ah, when I said the Sklars appeared in the commercial maybe thats what I was thinking (NT) -- that they did a bit about those commercials, 11:34:04 10/01/17 Sun
    VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.