VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Love in Russia : part 1 and 2

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:56:34 07/17/08 Thu

Title: Love in Russia
Author: tomboone
Classification: Harm/Mac
Spoilers: To Russia with Love, Gypsy Eyes
Summary: What could have happen in Russia between Harm and Mac if proper precautions were taken.
Disclaimers: The characters of JAG are the property of Donald Bellisario and Bellisarius Production, Inc. Used without permission. No copyright infringement intended. May be reproduce if unchanged, author given full credit, and no financial transaction is involved.

Feedback is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

part one

1800 hours
10 July 1998
Dulles International Airport

Harm was leaning back relaxing in his first class seat. It was going to be a long trip and he wanted to be as comfortable as possible. He wanted to be able to stretch out his long legs. He was looking out the window.

He was thinking about the events of the day. He had to convince the Admiral to allow him to take leave so he could go to Russia to search for his father. He didn’t know how he was going to do it. He only had a picture of his father standing at a train station saying this is for real.

It hadn’t been very easy trying to convince the Admiral. The Admiral fought him every step of the way with arguments for each point Harm made before finally relenting. The Admiral had tried to point out the futility of it all. But in the end he threatened to resign his commission.

Harm had told the Admiral of his visit to California with a former KGB agent, who had been living in the U.S. the last 15 years. He had known Harm’s father while he was a prisoner in Russia. He was in a picture with his father dated 1980.

The Admiral was mad at him because he had told him that he was going to California to visit with his mother and stepfather. He had visited his mother. He even talked to Frank. They even cleared up a lot of the misunderstandings of the last twenty years.

His stepfather had set up a line of credit with a business associate in Moscow. He would be there for Harm if he needed any money while in Russia. His contact’s name was Tom Blackadder.

He still didn’t know exactly what he was going to do when he got to Russia, but at least he had a place to stay and a person to see.

As the plane was about ready to take off a young lady with the voice of an angel was speaking to him in Russian. She smelled deliciously. She asked him if she could have the seat next to him.

Since he didn’t understand Russian he started to reply to her that he didn’t speak the language. He looked up to answer her, but was surprised when he saw the young lady was Mac.

“What are you doing here Mac?” asked a confused Harm.

“I’m here to cover your six, Harm. The Admiral thought it would be a good idea.” replied Mac sincerely.

“You don’t have to baby sit me Mac, I can take care of myself. Besides it could be very dangerous. I wouldn’t want to see you get hurt. I care too much about you to put you at risk. Why would the Admiral agree to let you go with me?

He gave me a very hard time about going. He told me he couldn’t afford to have me gone that long. So how could he then afford to let you go too?” continue Harm as he was totally confused.

“It’s very sweet of you to be concern with my safety Harm, but the Admiral and I thought you would be safer if I went there with you. Besides I have a better personality than you do. People don’t get angry with me like they do with you.

I speak the language and you don’t. If something were to happen to you, you wouldn’t be able to communicate with anyone. And if there were any documents that you found, how would you know what it said or if it was authentic.” continued Mac.

“Well that’s true, but it is still very dangerous. I can’t let you do it.” replied Harm.

“You’re not letting me Harm! Just who do you think you are Harmon Rabb Jr.? I’m here because you need my help! You would want to be there to help if it was me. I bet you haven’t even got a plan.

You’re flying by the seat of your pants Harm. You don’t have any idea what you’re going to do next. Anyway it’s too late now the plane has taken off.” exclaimed Mac a little irritated, yet satisfied.

“You’re right Mac, I don’t have a plan yet. I was only concerned with getting to Russia and then to my hotel room today. I was going to worry about what I was going to do next tomorrow. I had plan on going to the U.S. Embassy tomorrow.” replied Harm.

“Well that is why you need me Harm. You need me to help you formulate a plan. You know we work very well together Harm. I’m the brain and you’re the brawn. If we have a plan it’s less likely that you will be thrown in jail or worse, be killed over some minor little misunderstanding.” smiled Mac.

“I thought you were the beauty and I was the brain, but I guess you’re right. You are cute when you’re trying to be funny. It’s going to be a long trip so you better get some rest now. Thank you Sarah.” responded Harm as he took her hand into his.

Mac leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes. A small smile came across her face and her heart started beating faster. She had convinced Harm that she should be there with him. She enjoyed being with him so much.

She couldn’t bear to be away from him for any length of time. And besides he had called her Sarah, her given name. He seldom called her by her given name. It made her whole body tingled.

Hearing her given name coming from him always sounded so good, so right. This could definitely be a good trip. She fell asleep. Her head coming to rest on Harm’s shoulder. Harm looked down at her and smiled. He was glad she was with him.

0900 hours
11 July 1998
Milan Airport
Milan, Italy

The airplane carrying Harm and Mac landed in Milan early the next morning. There was a three hour layover before the plane went on to Moscow. They were wondering what they could do to pass the time. Mac was looking out the window when she came up with an idea.

“Harm, I think I’ve come up with a great plan. It should make what we need to do much easier when we get to Moscow.” started Mac with a smile. If this plan work she would be spending more than a week with Harm.

“What do you have in mind?” asked Harm curiously. Mac had a very imaginative and creative mind for a Marine.

“Well, since we are both military personnel, you know we are going to draw a lot of attention when we arrive in Moscow later today. We will probably be pick up at some point by the KGB while we’re there.

If we arrive in Moscow as a married couple on our honeymoon, we might be able to get by with a lot fewer questions about why we are there. It would allow us greater freedom to move about and raise fewer suspicions.

If we let the ambassador know about our marriage and honeymoon plans before we get there, he could make it a lot smoother and easier for us.” reasoned Mac.

“It sounds like a very good idea Mac. They probably believe the only reason I am there is to look for my father. I have been getting bits and pieces of information about him from Russia over the last few of years.

It led me to believe that he was in Russia. The KGB would be less inclined to bother us if they believe we are there on our honeymoon and not looking for my father. Are you sure you want to do this Sarah?” replied Harm.

“Yes I am Harm. We can tell them that looking for your father was a psychological need for love, respect and approval from a love one not a physical one. When you married me, I fulfilled all that and much more.” smiled Mac as she continued her reasoning.

“Yeah, and with that came the realization that my father had died in Vietnam a long time ago.” agreed Harm.

“I think it will appear plausible. Mark was there when you fell through the deck on the Hornet. He saw how much I was worried about you after your fall. He saw how much I cared for you and didn’t want to leave you alone.

I wanted to stay with you and take care of you. He saw that and he knows it to be true. He will believe that we have follow up on those feelings. It also will keep him from hitting on me.” laughed Mac.

“You do seem to have a knack of attracting undesirable men Ninja girl. Lets go find the mayor of this fair city to get a marriage license and get married.” smiled Harm.

“We can do some sight seeing afterwards if we have time. We will need to have pictures to show them that we are actually on our honeymoon.” continued Mac.

They left the airport and found city hall. They talked to the mayor explaining to him their desire to get married. He was very pleased to hear that they wanted to get married in his city. They made such a handsome couple. His secretary made all the necessary arrangements.

They were married an hour later in city hall. Afterwards they went sight seeing around the city taking a lot of pictures of the beautiful sites and of each other.

part two

2000 Hours local
Moscow, Russia

They arrived in Moscow early that evening. They hailed a cab and were taken to the hotel Harm was staying at. Before they went inside the hotel the cabby told them his name was Alexei. If they needed anything while they were staying in Moscow to let him know. He could get them anything they wanted.

They went inside the hotel so Harm could check in. He asked for the key to his room. He explained to the young lady who appeared to be a clerk the need for a larger room. She told him that there weren’t any rooms available.

One of the clerks was peeved. She thought that Harm was a rich American who might be available for some fun. Maybe she could get a dinner or two from Harm, maybe even a night of dancing. Unfortunately for her Harm told her he was here with his wife.

The young lady didn’t believe Harm. What man would bring his wife on a business trip to Russia? Besides Mac look too young to be his wife. She had to be a whore.

As one of desk clerk gave Harm the key to his room, she told the other clerk in Russian "Those rich Americans, they always bring their whores with them. How can we bag a rich American if they are always bringing their whores with them?"

Upon hearing this Mac responded in Russian "The reason Americans bring women with them to Russia is because there aren’t any in Russia. They’re all swine. Besides I am his wife if it’s any business of yours." She flashed her ring to them to show them she was indeed his wife before Harm and Mac went up to their room to unpacked.

“Hey Sarah, there is only one bed in here, I’ll flip you for it.” joked Harm.

“I think we should share the bed Harm. You never know, we may have some visitors in the middle of the night. We wouldn’t want to blow our cover. Besides Harm we’re married now.” smiled Mac.

“Good point, I really was going to let you have the bed, but I think your idea is much better. God forbid the KGB come in here while we’re sleeping and not find us in bed together.” chuckled Harm.

“I’m glad that settled. I’m going to shower before we go out and get something to eat. I’m starving.” replied Mac.

“Why am I not surprised to hear that. I’ll call down stairs to see where there is a good restaurant to eat. Then I’ll call the American Embassy to let them know we are here.” responded Harm.

“Be nice flyboy. I’m your wife now. You have to worship and adore me now.” giggled Mac.

Harm smiled and thought to himself ’I have always adored you Sarah. From the first moment I saw you in the rose garden I have loved you.’

An hour later they took a cab to the restaurant recommended by the hotel staff. They went in and were seated by the hostess. They were amazed at how beautiful the place was.

Harm was wearing a navy blue blazer with light blue shirt and dark blue slacks. Mac was wearing a blue mid-length dress with low cut neckline. She had on a nice pearl necklace that complimented her elegant neck.

“Wow! Can you believe how beautiful this place is? I don’t ever remember seeing anything quite this exquisite in DC. It’s like we’re in another world.” stated Mac in total amazement.

“Yes, it is beautiful, almost as beautiful as you are Sarah.” smiled Harm in response.

“Thank you Harm, It so sweet of you to say that. You look quite dashing yourself.” replied Mac.

“Thank you, what would you like to eat Sarah?” asked Harm smiling. He liked this new game they were playing. He loved being with her. He loved sharing new experiences with her. He loved ..... everything ..... dealing with Sarah.

Mac began to think to herself. ’That’s the second time he has used my given name. I beginning to feel like a schoolgirl who has a crush on the quarterback and he has finally noticed me. I like this development very much.’

“Harm, That is the second time you have called me Sarah, how come?” asked Mac hopefully.

“Well we are in a beautiful place and Sarah is such a beautiful name. It seems much more appropriate then Mac. And besides we are supposed to be married, and calling you Mac just doesn’t seem right. It is okay isn’t it? You don’t mind if I call you Sarah, do you?” reasoned Harm.

“I don’t mind at all Harm. Actually I kind of like the way you say my name. I feel quite special when you do.” replied Mac coyly.

“Good, I always want you to feel special. Now what would you like to eat?” asked Harm chuckling.

“I’ll have the small steak with fries and coffee to drink with my dinner.” smiled Mac happily.

“I guess I’ll have the same. Must keep up the image of the over indulgent American.” replied Harm as Mac looked at him disbelievingly.

“What?” asked Harm after observing her look.

“You’re going to eat dead cow?” asked Mac.

“You didn’t think I got this big eating rabbit food did you? I occasionally treat myself to a meal of red meat.” smiled Harm.

Mac smiled. Her flyboy could be so sweet when he wanted to be. She knew he was doing this for her, not just for appearance sake. She was quite happy that Harm was doing this for her.

They talked over dinner about what they wanted to do tomorrow. They planned to go to the American embassy and talk to the ambassador. They hoped to get some information regarding Russian prison camps and to explain to him what their plans were.

They were going to tell him about how they got married in Italy to hopefully remove any suspicion away from what their real intentions were. They would also like to meet with Mr. Blackadder to arrange for $75,000 to pay for any expenses that they might incurred while they were in Russia.

Since they were dressed up nicely, they decided to visit a local discotheque after dinner to do some dancing. Mac was truly enjoying herself. She felt like she was in heaven. It seemed like to her they were floating across the dance floor.

She loved being in Harm’s arms, whether it was for a hug or a dance, it didn’t matter. She was looking forward to later tonight. They would be sleeping in the same bed together.

They may not be there to make love, but she definitely would find a way to snuggle up nice and close into his arms. She was very excited.

Harm meanwhile, was enjoying himself too. He always enjoyed being with Mac, but he like it even better the closer he got to her. Her scent always aroused a passion in him that made him forget all others. He wanted to be with her always.

After awhile Sokol happen to show up at the nightclub. He had heard that two Americans, Harm and Mac, were in Russia. He wanted to know what they were up to, though he suspected they were there to find any information about Harm senior.

He noticed Mac and Harm sitting at a table towards the back of the club. It was very quiet and secluded. He walked over to them and sat down. At first they hadn’t notice him or so he thought. Harm leaned over and kissed Mac passionately. When they came up for air he interrupted.

“So why may I ask do we have the honor of having two of JAG’s finest officers visiting Russia.” asked Sokol.

“Harm and I got married yesterday. We are on our honeymoon.” beamed Mac. Sokol noticed she looked very happy. Her smiled lit up the dark corner of the night club.

“We wanted to share the news with you. I consider you a good friend Mark. You helped me take care of Harm when he got hurt a few months ago. I can never fully thank you enough. Which is why we came here for our honeymoon.” smiled Mac radiantly.

It seemed to Sokol that Mac’s smile was growing larger the longer he was there. It seemed the more she talked about Harm the happier she got. Maybe it was true that they had gotten married.

“You’re kidding me aren’t you Sarah? The last time I saw you Rabb didn’t seem interested in you.” replied Sokol disbelievingly.

“No, I’m not kidding you Mark. Look at my finger, you can see my ring. Harm honey, show him your ring too.” beamed Mac happily.

Harm held up his left hand, though that’s not exactly what he wanted to do with Sokol. He knew it was a necessary evil meeting with him, but right now wasn’t the time or place for it.

“Well, congratulation Sarah, Commander. I can see the Commander finally realized what a very special young lady you are and decided to marry you.” replied a shocked Sokol. He gave Mac a kiss on her cheek.

“As much as we love each other, it was still a very difficult decision to make Mark. We have regulations that don’t allow married couples to work together. We spend a lot of time together working on cases, traveling, and conducting investigations, sometimes up to fifteen hours a day.

It’s going to be difficult giving up all time we spend together. But after Sarah left JAG for a few months last year I realized that I didn’t want to take another chance of her marrying someone else and losing the closeness that we had built up over the last couple years.

I didn’t want to risk the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with her. We might not be able to spend as much time together when we do get back to the states, but the time we do spend together will be much better, so much more quality, filled with love and affection.” responded Harm as he held Mac’s hand in his. He gave it a quick kiss.

“Does this mean that you have given up looking for your father or are you here to do that too?” asked Sokol curiously hoping to trick Harm into revealing his true intentions for being in Russia.

“Yes, Harm has given up his search for his father. Harm’s search for his father has always been about needing his father’s love and approval.

Our relationship since the beginning has been about being there whenever the other one needed us, supporting the other without passing judgment about our past mistakes that we have made.

Once Harm understood all this, our love blossomed into the most beautiful experience either one of us ever had. He no longer needed to find his father to find true unconditional love. He could accept that his father died in Vietnam nearly thirty years ago.

I can give him all the love that he will ever need. And with that love I can support anything he will ever do in the future.” replied Mac passionately.

“Wow! I hope I can find the love that you two seem to have. I can see that you two are very happy. What are your plans while you’re here in Russia?” asked Sokol.

“Well if it’s not too much of a problem we would like to travel across Russia and see all the natural beauty that this country has to offer. We have heard that there are some breath taking views to be seen. We would love to see them all.” smiled Mac radiantly.

“How long are you planning on staying?” asked Sokol.

“About three weeks.” replied Mac. They had decided to let Mac do the talking. They both knew Sokol was smitten with Sarah and would likely believe anything she told him.

“I will have to check with my superiors to make sure, but I don’t foresee a problem. Though we may have you check in with some of the local officials to make sure you stick with the assigned plan and not get into any trouble.” responded Sokol grinning. He knew Rabb had a knack of getting into trouble.

“Thank you Mark.” replied Mac sweetly.

“Well have a good evening and enjoy yourselves. I’ll check back with you before you leave on your trip.” wished Sokol.

Harm and Mac shared a few more dances together before calling it a night. It had been a long day and they were tired. They had accomplished a lot in such a short time. They went back to the hotel and went to bed.

“Harm, did you mean all those wonderful things you said to Sokol?” asked Mac hopefully.

“What? You know I don’t like him. I hated the idea of telling him that it was nice to see him again. But I did mean everything that I said about you Sarah. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” smiled Harm as he held her in his arms. He gave her a sweet kiss.

“Thank you Harm. That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, I love you.” cooed Mac.

“I love you too Sarah.” replied Harm.

Mac snuggled in closer to Harm. She wanted to feel the warmth of his body while she slept. Her dream of being with the man she loved had come true. She didn’t know if this day would ever come, but it had. She was very happy. She felt as though she had died and gone to heaven.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Love in Russia : part 3 and 4tomboone19:58:05 07/17/08 Thu
Love in Russia : part 5tomboone12:52:57 07/18/08 Fri
Re: Love in Russia : part 6tomboone14:34:03 07/19/08 Sat
Love in Russia : part 7tomboone10:44:31 07/20/08 Sun
Love in Russia : part 8tomboone13:27:22 07/21/08 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.