VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Re: Love in Russia : part 3 and 4

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:58:05 07/17/08 Thu
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Love in Russia : part 1 and 2" on 19:56:34 07/17/08 Thu

part three

0800 hours
12 July
Moscow Hotel

Mac had been awake for about an hour. She couldn’t believe that she was lying there in Harm’s arms. It felt so good. She was very happy. Harm awoke and saw her with a smile on her face. He was happy to see her smiling. He also enjoyed having Mac in his arms.

After enjoying the feeling of being together in bed for another thirty minutes Harm and Mac got up. After they showered, dressed, and went down stairs they had a quiet breakfast. They discussed what their plans were going to be for the day.

They decided to go sight seeing around Moscow in the morning and then go to St. Petersburg in the afternoon. They wanted to maintain the allusion of being on their honeymoon in case Sokol was having them watched.

Everywhere they went they took plenty of pictures of the different sites they came across. Harm took a lot of pictures with Mac in them. Harm was in significantly fewer pictures. He thought Mac’s beauty would make any of the pictures special.

Before they finished for the day they went to the American embassy to check in with the ambassador and get the information they had requested that morning. They also met with Mr. Blackadder, who gave them the $75,000 Harm had requested.

That night over dinner Sokol met with them. He had a list with him of places they could visit and places that were off limits to them. He also gave them the names of several local officials they were expected to check in with.

The next morning they made arrangements for their trip. Harm arranged to rent a small airplane with four seats for $10,000. Mac went out and got the supplies they thought they would need for the three week trip they were going for on. She picked up two sleeping bags, a tent, food, pans, and a small gas grill.

One might wonder why they needed sleeping bags and a tent. One never knew what might happen in Russia. One must always be prepared for the unexpected.

1000 hours
14 July
a small airfield
outside Moscow

The next morning Alexei, the cabbie, took Harm and Mac to the airfield and wished them good luck on their trip. Harm did a quick maintenance check and saw that everything appeared to be in order.

After his first trip in Sarah with Mac he always made a more thorough check of any planes they flew in. He didn’t want to put her life into danger ever again.

Mac loaded their supplies onto the airplane while Harm checked out the rest of the plane. Everything looked to be okay. They didn’t waste much time on the runway before taking off.

“Well Sarah, how do you like the ride?” asked Harm as he gave her a big smile.

“It’s great. It’s almost as invigorating as riding in Sarah. I don’t feel sick at all.” laughed Mac happily.

“Well we have a five-thousand mile trip. The plane has a fuel capacity to travel four hundred mile in between stops. I got a listing of all the airfields from Alexei where we can stop and refuel.

This plane has a top speed of one hundred and fifty miles an hour. So it will take us seven to ten days to make a direct trip. With layovers to sight see, a few more.” informed Harm.

“That’s okay Harm. That will give us plenty of time to relax and enjoy ourselves. It will give us time to study the lay of the land.” replied Mac.

16 July
1500 hours

Harm and Mac had been traveling for a couple of days. They had stopped twice each day to refuel and grab a bite to eat. Everything had been going fine when suddenly one of the two engines caught on fire. Mac was worried about what was going to happen next.

She began to think about the first time she was up in a small plane. The day she had to deal with the poachers who shot her. Harm tried to calm her down. He told her the plane should be able to fly on one engine.

But to play it safe he put the plane on auto pilot. Harm helped Mac on with her parachute. They moved their supplies closer to the door, which they had packed into two knapsacks. Harm explained to Mac the art of pulling the ripcord and how to land safely.

All of a sudden there was a loud explosion from the back of the plane. They were losing air pressure quickly. Harm opened the cabin door. The airplane was beginning to drop quicker as the second engine began to stall.

Harm told Mac to either stay where she landed or to head due east and he would find her after he jumped. He told her to jump. Mac resisted at first, but Harm told her that he would follow shortly afterwards.

Mac grabbed one of the knapsacks and jumped out of the plane. She free floated for a few moments before pulling the ripcord. She dropped the knapsack as she neared the ground.

Harm got his bearings so he would know in which direction to go to meet up with Mac. He grabbed the extra maps and puts them in his jacket. He quickly moved to the door, grabbed the other knapsack, and jumped.

He was half way to the ground when he heard the plane explode and saw it crashed into a large lake.

After landing safely on the ground Harm figured Mac landed several miles west of where he came down. It would take a 20 -30 minutes walk before he would catch up with Mac if she was headed in his direction.

He quickly buried his chute and started off looking for Mac. An hour later he caught up with her. He threw down his knapsack and gave Mac a big hug.

“So how is my little ninja girl? Are you all right Sarah? I know you haven’t jump out of too many airplanes.” smiled Harm.

“I’m fine now that I have my feet back on the ground Harm. The landing was a little rough, but I was more concern about whether or not you got out of the plane safely. I heard the plane explode, but I didn’t see your chute.

I don’t know what I would have done if you had died. I love you so much. We are only beginning to explore our relationship as lovers. How are you doing flyboy?” asked Mac as she buried her head into Harm’s chest.

“I’m okay Sarah. I feel the same way as you do. I love you with all my heart. I don’t know how I could live without you either.” replied Harm.

“Do you have any idea where we are?” asked Mac.

“We’ve traveled about twelve hundred miles. I’m sure we haven’t reached the Ural Mountains yet. We would have seen them if he had. I believe that we are south of them. That is at least one good thing, we won’t have to traverse them, but we still have a long way to go.” chuckled Harm.

“So what do we do now?” asked Mac curiously.

“Let’s take out our maps and get an idea where we are. Knowing the bearing we were traveling and the time in the air we should be able to figure out roughly where we are. Then we can make plans for what we will do next.” replied Harm.

“Here are the maps Harm. Where do you think we are?” asked Mac?

“Well, judging by how long we were flying before the explosions, I would say we are about here.” replied Harm pointing to a spot on the map.

“Wow! We are still over 4000 miles from Beleuxi. That’s a long way to walk.” responded Mac as she shook her head.

“Let’s look at this map of the local region. Maybe we can find a small town near by.” directed Harm.

“Here’s one, Cheznovia. It’s only twenty miles away at the most.” pointed out Mac.

“It seems to be getting late judging by the sun’s position in the sky.” commented Harm.

“1700 hours local.” smiled Mac.

“How do you do that? I guess we have time to walk about two hours before thinking about setting up camp for the night.” responded Harm.

“Let’s go then.” ordered Mac as she took off walking.

part four

1900 hours

They walked for a couple of hours until dusk began to settle in. They found some cover and set up camp. While Harm set up the tent and bedroll Mac got out the propane grill and started dinner.

“I’ll get dinner ready. Why don’t you go look for some firewood and water?” stated Mac.

“Okay ninja girl. Your wish is my command.” smiled Harm.

“That’s very amusing flyboy. Just keep it up and you will be sleeping alone tonight.” blushed Mac.

She heated up some water for the pasta. She cooked the pasta then heated up some sauce. They sat down and ate dinner. After dinner they gather up some firewood for a small fire the next morning.

They didn’t light a fire that night. They didn’t want to draw any unwanted attention to themselves. They didn’t know for sure if the airplane explosion was an accident or not. If it wasn’t an accident then the people who blew up the plane might come after them to see if they got the job done.

Later that night Mac was sitting in front of Harm with his arms around her. Harm was leaning against a fallen log. They were looking up at the stars and were talking about how things were different between them now that they were married and in Russia.

They both were happy that they had taken their relationship to a new level. They were even closer than before. Being here together alone was wonderful even though they had lost the plane. The night was so quiet and peaceful. It was like being in heaven.

“There seems to be a lot of stars out tonight.” commented Mac softly.

“It gives one a very peaceful feeling looking up at them.” replied Harm.

“I could get very use to this, sitting in your arms looking up at the stars.” sighed Mac. She was very comfortable and contented.

“As long as I’m with you ninja girl, I don’t care where I am in the world.” replied Harm as he kissed the top of her head.

“It’s starting to get cold Harm.” responded Mac as she shivered.

“We should go to bed then. We can snuggle up together in the sleeping bag and stay warm. We can get an early start tomorrow morning and hopefully find a town or village to get more info.” commented Harm.

“Sounds like a plan. Good night Harm.” cooed Mac.

“Good night Sarah.” replied Harm as he kissed her goodnight.

They went into the tent and got into the sleeping bag. Mac snuggled up into Harm’s arms and quickly fell asleep. She had a big smile on her face. She was with the man she loved.

0700 hours
17 July

The next morning Harm started a small fire in a small trench. He knew Mac would want a hot cup of coffee in the morning. He cooked up some powdered egg and dehydrated sausages. Mac was famished when she woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking.

“Good morning flyboy, I’m hungry, what’s for breakfast?” asked Mac smiling.

“Good morning Sarah. It’s nice to know that some things never change. We have scramble eggs and sausage with coffee as the beverage of the day.” smiled Harm as he gazed upon his beautiful bride.

“Thank you Harm, you really know how to take care of a girl.” smiled Mac as she gave Harm a hug and kiss good morning.

“We aim to please ninja girl. Did you sleep okay last night?” asked Harm.

“I slept like a baby in your arms. I can’t remember the last time I slept so well.” cooed Mac as they ate their breakfast quickly. Then made plans for the rest of the day.

“That’s good to hear. Let me fill in this trench and we can get ready to go. We need to cover some ground this morning before it gets too hot this afternoon. Maybe we will find a village or something.” smiled Harm.

“What direction do you want to go in.” asked Mac.

“Let’s stay under the cover of the trees. The people responsible for the plane exploding may have search planes up looking for us. I don’t want to give them another chance to kill us.” replied Harm.

“Are you sure it wasn’t an accident?” asked Mac curiously.

“No, but I don’t want to take any chances. Russia is a very large place. It would be very easy to get lost forever. We can head in a northeast direction. I think that’s where the nearest town is.” replied Harm.

0900 hours
17 July
JAG headquarters

Early the next morning Webb walked slowly into the Admiral office. He was looking pretty glum. He had been in contact with his associates in Moscow this morning.

They had told him that a plane Harm and Mac had rented, exploded and went down into one of the largest lakes in western Russia. He was dreading the inevitable task of telling the Admiral that Harm and Mac were probably dead.

“Good morning Webb, you look like the horse’s six. Why the glum expression on your face?” asked the Admiral curiously.

“I received some very disturbing news this morning AJ. I’ve just gotten off the phone with one of my associates in Moscow who has confirmed the news report.” replied Webb sadly.

“What news Webb? Out with it!” ordered the Admiral. He was becoming agitated very quickly. He thought of Harm and Mac when he heard Webb mentioned Moscow.

“Rabb and MacKenzie were traveling across Russia in a small corporate airplane. Their plane developed engine trouble a couple of days into their trip across Russia before it exploded. They didn’t have time to land the plane before the explosion. They’re presumed dead.” replied Webb sadly.

“Dead! How do they know that? Harm and Mac could have gotten out of it before it exploded!” yelled a vexed Admiral.

“No Sir. Small planes like the one they were flying in don’t carry parachutes. They would have been forced to go down with the plane. And since it exploded, well ..... there was no chance of them landing safely.” continued Webb.

“Were they able to find their bodies?” asked the Admiral.

“No Sir. The plane apparently exploded over a very deep lake. There is no chance of finding their bodies. The only thing they were able to find was the black box.” replied Webb.

The Admiral sat in his chair with his head in his hands. He couldn’t believe it. Harm and Mac were dead. He knew they had gone on a fool’s mission. He knew it could be dangerous, but he felt that they would be able to handle anything that came their way.

He sat there for awhile. It killed him to know that they were never coming back. They were best people he ever had under his command. He depended upon them to handle anything and everything.

He stood up and sighed before going out to the bull pen. He was sadden by the fact that he had to tell so many of their friends that Harm and Mac would never be coming back.

1030 hours
JAG headquarters

The Admiral asked Tiner to gathered the staff together in the bull pen. Of all things in the world he had to do, the last thing he wanted to do was to give his staff the bad news. He had a look of despair on his face, which everyone readily saw.

“May I have your attention please. I have received some very sad news today. As most of you know Commander Rabb and Major MacKenzie went on a fact-finding mission to Russia earlier this week.

The plane that they were traveling in developed engine trouble. Before they could land the plane and get out safely, the plane exploded killing both Commander Rabb and Major MacKenzie. I will be making arrangements for a memorial service for them in the next few days. Thank you for attention. Dismiss.”

The office was very quiet except for sounds of sobbing coming from Harm and Mac’s closest friends. They were all in a state of shock. They couldn’t believe what had happen. Harm and Mac were dead. It couldn’t be true.

They had to be alive. They were survivors. They always managed to get out of any danger that befell upon them. Their stories were legendary. They were the best of the best. They couldn’t die, could they?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Love in Russia : part 5tomboone12:52:57 07/18/08 Fri
    Thanks for reposting this story. Can't wait for the rest of the story. (NT)Sophie05:19:33 07/19/08 Sat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.