VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: A Night or Three to Remember : part 2

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:01:50 07/17/08 Thu
In reply to: skates 's message, "A Night or Three to Remember : part 1" on 20:00:35 07/17/08 Thu

part 2

Friday
14 May 1999
Jag Headquarters

Two years later Commander Harmon Rabb Jr. was primping in front of the mirror. It was his last day of work. He was going back to the fleet. He would be serving on the aircraft carrier Seahawk under his old mentor Tom Boone.

He would be flying his beloved tomcats. This had been made possible because he was able to have his eyes fixed. What had been misdiagnosed as night blindness had turned out to be retina scarring.

He was all packed. He had sublet his apartment to Bud Roberts. Bud had been living with his father and brother for the last three years. He was a bit slow socially.

He had a chance with a blond bimbo name Harriet, but he had screwed up. There wasn’t anyone around to help him with the ladies. He stood Harriet up every time he promised to meet her somewhere. She had finally had enough and decided to transfer to a naval base in Florida near her parents.

The Admiral had been pissed off with Harm. Apparently the Admiral had been grooming him to be the JAG some day. Yeah right, him the JAG. As far as he was concerned he would fly until he couldn’t see anymore.

Then he would retire if he had his twenty years in. There was no way he was going to be a paper pusher for the rest of his life like the Admiral. He didn’t want to manage a bunch of idiots like Aldrich, Roberts, and Brumby.

He would prefer to be in the courtroom everyday. He was wondering who was going to be replacing him. He had heard it was someone from the West Coast office, a marine. The thought made him shudder. Working with a marine had to be the worst possible scenario.

They always took themselves too seriously. They would grunt instead of talk. Most of them were short, ugly, and smoked foul smelling cigars. He liked smoking cigars, but only the good ones. Ones that tasted and smelled good.

Suddenly his mind drifted back to a night in the desert almost three years ago. The night he spent with a sweetest smelling, most delectable tasting, beautiful Marine name Sarah. She had looked like his Diane.

At the time he had thought her personality was totally different from Diane, but when he thought about his history with Diane on the way back to Washington, he realized they were the same. Diane hadn’t given him any quarter either. She made him work for everything.

He had wondered what it would have been like if she had come back with him and been his partner. It would have been nice. He had dreamt about her for a couple of months afterwards, but eventually he had forgotten about her, that is until now.

They were having a going away party for him. Maybe he would meet his replacement then. He sighed, he was going to miss this place. Better finished packing up the office.

An hour later he saw her walking out of the Admiral’s office with him. It was Major Sarah MacKenzie. His heart skipped a beat. She was still the most beautiful marine he had ever seen. He was almost sorry that he was leaving.

He walked over to greet her. He tried to calm his rapidly beating heart as he shook her hand. He gave her one of his flyboy smiles.

“Sarah MacKenzie, it’s an honor to see you again. It’s been much too long.”

“Commander, it’s nice to see you too. I was wondering if we could get together after work. I need to talk to you about some things.” she replied coolly.

“I can’t tonight Sarah. I’m meeting with some people in Baltimore to say goodbye. Can we do it tomorrow night Sarah.” he asked seductively. He wanted to take her in his arms and kiss her, to make love to her.

Sarah felt herself blushing slightly. His baby blue eyes and flyboy smile were hard to resist, but she had business with him that she needed to take care of before he left. She wanted to let him know about Tory, his daughter.

“That will be fine Commander. How about 2000 hours?” she asked. That would give her plenty of time for Sandra to arrive with Tory and get her settled. It had pained her to leave Tory behind in LA.

But there was no way she could do everything she needed to do and deal with twenty five month old child too. She knew Sandra love her like one of her own and would take very good care of her.

She lucked out finding a two bedroom apartment not far from Jag. The owner of the complex liked having military personnel renting his apartments. They took very good care of their living quarters.

Saturday
15 May 1999
Sarah’s apartment

Sarah got a call from Sandra the next morning to let her know there had been a change in plans. One of the children had gotten sick and she wouldn’t be able to bring Tory to Washington until next week.

Sarah was disappointed. She had wanted Harm to meet Tory before he left. She hoped it would give him someone to think about while he was gone. She hoped he would be more careful flying and give him an incentive to come home safely.

Now she would have to get Harm to know her by showing him the photo album of Tory’s first two years. If he requested she would give him a smaller pocket size album with twenty well chosen pictures of her.

She spent the day cleaning up and unpacking her belongings. She wanted to give the place a warm fuzzy feeling. She wanted it to look like a place Harm would want to come back to, to see his daughter.

The problem was, she didn’t know if Harm was ready to be a father. Did he even want to be a father? He wasn’t exactly young. From what Bud told her he was going to be thirty five this year. He had never been seriously involved with anyone.

A few hours later there was a knock at the door. It was Harm. Sarah was a little nervous. She needed to talk to him. What would be the best way to start? Should she start with work? It would be an icebreaker.

She was replacing him. He was supposed to be the best. It would be insightful to get his viewpoint on how things were done around here. Who should she go to when she needed help? Who should she stay away from?

She wondered what would be the best way to tell him about Tory? She could start by talking about their first case together. Then move on to the repercussions of their night together, Victoria MacKenzie Rabb.

Harm stood on the other side of the door. He was a little nervous. He remembered the last night he spent with her. They had fallen asleep together in the back of the pickup truck. She rolled over onto him.

He wrapped his arms around her and made loved to her in his dream, which turned out to be the real thing. Tonight he wouldn’t wait until she was asleep. He wanted to make love with her while she was awake so he could fully appreciate her.

Sarah opened the door to let Harm in.

“Hello Harm, why don’t you come in and make yourself comfortable.” smiled Sarah. She led him over to the couch.

“Hi Sarah, you look lovely tonight.” he replied.

“Thank you Harm, would you like a cup of coffee?” she asked trying to break the tension.

“Not right now Sarah. Why don’t you come over here and sit down here with me.” he answered.

“Okay Harm, but let me know when you’re ready for some coffee or dessert. I have strawberry shortcake and whipped cream.” she smiled.

“That sounds good Sarah.” replied Harm. He barely heard what she said. All he could do was focus on her lovely face. That beautiful seductive mouth. All he could think about was how much he wanted her.

“Harm.” she began.

“Yes.” he moaned.

“Can we talk about the night we spent in the desert together?” she asked.

“I don’t want to talk Sarah, not tonight.” he replied as he took her in his arms and began to kiss her.

Sarah got caught up with the kissing. It had been a long time since she had let someone show her how much they loved her. The kissing between them intensified. Their hands became active and began their exploration of each other.

It wasn’t long before they were headed for the bedroom. Harm had carried her to her bed like a man takes his new bride to bed to make love for the first time. As Harm was kissing her and helping her take off her clothes Sarah whispered to Harm.

“I need to talk to you Harm, it’s important.”

“Not tonight Sarah, I want to make love with you tonight, tomorrow Sarah.” he replied.

“You promised Harm? It’s something we really need to talk about.” she pleaded.

“I promise Sarah, tomorrow.” he moaned.

Sunday
16 May 1999
Sarah’s apartment

The next morning Sarah woke up. She felt so good, so happy. Last night had been fantastic. They had made loved all night until they fell asleep in each other’s arms. But now his side of the bed was noticeably empty. She wondered where he was.

She didn’t hear him in the bathroom. She didn’t hear any noise in the other room. She sat up and noticed the note and a red rose beside it. She opened it to read what it had to say.

Dear Sarah:

Last night was wonderful. I never felt so loved by anyone in my life. If it was in my power I would spend the rest of my life going to bed with you and waking up with you in my arms Sarah.

But unfortunately at this time that is impossible. Later today I leave for the Seahawk to begin flying tomcats again. I don’t know how long it will be for, but I know I will miss you Sarah.

As I sit here writing this note I wonder what my life would have been like if you had returned to Washington with me instead of returning to LA. You’re one of the most amazing woman I have ever met Sarah.

I will be thinking about you everyday that I’m gone. It would be so easy to fall in love with you Sarah, but that day will have to wait. Some day I hope I will be able to have that opportunity.

I’m sorry we can’t have that talk you wanted to have, but I received a phone call very early this morning on my cell. I have to report to Norfolk by 0800 hours instead of 1300 hours.

Thank you for a wonderful night Sarah.

your friend forever

Harm

She didn’t know whether to be happy, sad, or mad. It was a beautiful written letter from Harm. Everything she ever hoped to hear from someone she spent the night making love to, was written there.

She had been happy last night. It seemed he had been happy too. It made her feel good that he felt the same way about her. She felt sad that he wasn’t here to share that joy with her this morning.

But was all this part of his act? He was after all a flyboy. They had no morals when it came to dating women. They believed in the love them and leave them mantra. She was sure someone Harm’s age had the act down pact. Writing a note at the end was surely part of it.

She also felt a little angry. If Harm had been as sincere as he wrote in the letter, then more than ever she wanted Harm to know about Tory. She wanted him to know her and for her little girl to know her father.

He should have woken her so they could talk. He knew it was important to her. It was why she had invited him over in the first place. Didn’t he want to talk to her or was it all about having sex with a woman whom looked like his dead girl friend.

Was this all an act? Did he really care for her or was she just an attractive doll for him to play with and then discard when he was done?
Now she wondered how long it would be until she saw him again. Damm him.

Monday
16 Aug 1999
Bethesda Hospital

A few months later Sarah decided to go see her doctor. Once again like three years ago she would wake up feeling sick and queasy. She couldn’t keep anything down except toast. She couldn’t enjoy drinking her coffee because it made her light headed.

At first she couldn’t believe it was happening again. She had only spent one night satisfying her sexual needs. She couldn’t believe that Harm had picked the perfect day when it came to her fertility.

She still could remember that night. It had been perfect. She had felt so loved that she wished it could last forever. She fell asleep with her head resting on his chest. It was the most peaceful and wonderful experience in the world.

She had slept very deeply and peacefully. She had dreamt about how Harm had made love to her for hours. She didn’t want to stop, but she knew morning would come early.

Sarah looked up when she heard the doctor approach. She had a silly grin on her face. She sighed as she knew what the doctor was going to say. She couldn’t believe it. Harm was two for two in his efforts.

“You’re pregnant Sarah. I figure you’re about three months along. Base on when you believe it happen, you’re due 23 Feb.” smiles the doctor.

“Thank you Doctor Green.” she replied.

“Have you told the father?” asked the doctor.

“No, unfortunately he’s not in my life. We were supposed to talk, but instead we made love most of the night. He left to fly jets. I don’t know if he is ever going to come back.” she sighed.

“I’m sorry Sarah. It must be difficult to be expecting a child and not have the father around to assist you.”

“I have friends to help me. I have a good support system. We will manage somehow without him. I do wish he was here though. He’s already missed Victoria’s first three years. She wants a father. I don’t know what to do.” sighed Sarah.

There was always Commander Brumby. He always seemed to be on her scent. But he was too cocky, too low class for her taste. He also like to drink, it was all he talked about.

She had to laugh when she remembered last week in the coffee room. She was drinking some coffee. He had come in and started talking to her in his gutter slurred English. Between trying to concentrate on what he was saying and smelling his awful cologne, she had thrown up all over his shoes.

It was at that point he finally got the point that she wasn’t interested in having a relationship with him. Everyone else in the room just laughed at the sight of Brumby opened mouth staring at his spic shined shoes.

Sarah decided she was going to need a larger place to live. Her apartment was fine for her and Tory, but with another child on the way it wouldn’t be. She decided to go house hunting. She needed something bigger, maybe four bedrooms.

She wanted a yard for her children to play in. She needed something relatively new because she didn’t want something that was high maintenance.

Thursday
17 Feb 2000
Bethesda Naval Hospital

Carolyn Imes went with Sarah to the hospital. She was there with Sarah when she gave birth to a baby girl, named Veronica. She weighed eight pounds three ounces and was twenty three inches long. She was a common copy of her mother except for the sky blue eyes.

Sarah was very surprised to see how much she looked like sister. She was perfect like her sister. She was surprised that she was the same size as her sister. From what she read in her baby books, babies came in all different sizes and no two looked alike.

A couple of days later she went home with little Veronica. Carolyn was there waiting with three year old Victoria to greet her brand new baby sister. Victoria was happy to see her. She gave her a kiss and held her hand to the baby’s face, a sign of love.

The nursery room for Veronica was different than the one she had for Victoria. The room had been painted marine green with trees and an assortment of small animals chasing butterflies. There were several rainbows and birds flying throughout the blue sky in the room.

A week later Sarah went into the personnel office to make changes in her personnel record. She had another dependent and a new and bigger house now. She was due additional compensation from the government.

She received an additional meal allowance (BAS) and dependent allowance for Veronica. She arranged for another fifteen percent of Harm’s monthly salary for child support. You have to pay if you’re going to play the game.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
A Night or Three to Remember : part 3skates20:02:43 07/17/08 Thu

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.