VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: A Night or Three to Remember : part 3

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:02:43 07/17/08 Thu
In reply to: skates 's message, "A Night or Three to Remember : part 2" on 20:01:50 07/17/08 Thu

part 3

Sunday
15 Oct 2000
Sarah’s house

Sarah had a surprise visitor. It was Chloe, a ten year old girl she had met through the big sister program. She had lost her mother the previous year. She was being raised by her step dad who had no clue about raising a pre-teenage girl.

He was also dating a flake who didn’t care very much for someone else’s kid. They both would go out partying while leaving Chloe home alone. When they were around they would be sleeping off a hangover.

There was one time the girlfriend was so out of it Chloe had first dye the woman’s hair three different colors. Then she proceeded to give her an exotic haircut. The woman wasn’t very happy to see the results.

She physically hurt Chloe leaving her with multiple bruises. When Sarah saw the bruises she press assault charges on both the stepfather and the woman. The stepfather agreed to give up custody of Chloe in exchange that the charges were drop.

He agreed to let Sarah have custody of Chloe. Chloe was so happy to get away from them. Now she was with someone who would love her and someone who she could love.

Friday
15 Dec 2000
Sarah’s house

Now two months later Sarah was adopting Chloe. She was going be hers. Chloe was a wonderful and precocious child. She was mature beyond her years. Sometimes she was too smart for her own good.

She had met Chloe through the local church program. They were looking for young women to mentor trouble girls who didn’t have an adult woman role model. Sarah didn’t want to at first since she had two little ones of her own.

But the lady running the program told her it was for only one night a week. These girls needed someone to show them a little love and understanding. She had a special girl that she thought would benefit the most from her involvement.

The first time she saw Chloe she wanted her for her very own. She was so alive and hungry for love. It was the same way for her when she was growing up with an abusive father and a mother who eventually ran away.

It hadn’t been long before Chloe was coming over to her house and playing with Tory and Ronnie. She loved being their big sister the way Sarah was her big sister. It wasn’t long before she told Sarah she wish Sarah was her mother.

And now that day had come. The adoption was official. Sarah was now Chloe’s mother. She had gone to personnel and changed her records to include Chloe as a dependent.

She also needed to have Harm’s contribution to the family increased from twenty five percent to thirty two percent of his monthly income. Chloe was her child not Harm’s, yet.

Wednesday
14 Feb 2001
Aircraft Carrier Seahawk

Sarah was on her way to the Seahawk with Commander Brumby, an Aussie exchange officer. They were going to the Seahawk to investigate a mishap. A jet was waved off twice before the pilot and RIO had to bail out because the jet ran out of fuel.

She wanted to see Harm so bad. It had been almost two years since she had last seen him. She wanted to tell him about the girls, how fast they were growing. They wanted him to come home so they could meet him.

They miss having a daddy. The Aussie Commander was on her scent until she had Ronnie and adopted Chloe. He had been interested in her as a trophy, but not someone with three kids that came with her. God bless her babies.

She was sure the Commander wasn’t a bad person per se, but she didn’t appreciate his conduct towards women. He didn’t take no for an answer very well. She didn’t need that kind of man near her three girls.

She also didn’t care to have someone who slurred his words as badly as he did. She wanted her girls to speak with perfect enunciation. That wasn’t going to happen with the Commander around.

Last but not least she didn’t need a beer guzzling swabbie hanging around. He reminded her too much of her father. She was sure at one time her father wasn’t that bad either.

She needed to see Harm. She had some papers for Harm to sign. She hated doing things that affected the girls without his knowledge. She felt he should know. At least here he couldn’t run away. He had to talk to her. She had forty eight hours.

She and the Commander reported in to the Captain. They needed to let him know they were here and would be gone in forty eight hours. They needed to coordinate with him about seeing everyone who was involved in the mishap.

“Colonel MacKenzie and Commander Brumby reporting Sir.”

“I never like seeing Jag reporting in.” moaned the Captain. “But at least there wasn’t anyone hurt this time.”

“Yes Sir. I’ve read the preliminary report Sir. We should be able to take care of everything within forty eight hours Sir. We’ll try to keep any interruptions to the efficient running of your ship to a minimum Sir.” reported Sarah.

“Very well carry on. I’ll inform the CAG and the LSO to make sure everyone will be available to you during your stay.” dismissed the Captain.

Brumby started walking off, but Sarah wanted to see Harm. She needed to ask the Captain where he was. It was the only way she knew to guarantee seeing him.

“Captain, do you know where Commander Rabb is? I need to see him about some Jag business.” she asked hopefully.

“He’s getting ready to fly a mission. If you hurry you can catch him in the ready room.” he replied.

“Thank you Sir.” replied Sarah as she hurried along to the ready room. She knew if she didn’t catch him before he took off, it would be many hour before she had another chance.

When she got there he was walking out the door with the other pilots. He almost didn’t see her, but he wasn’t going to get by her. She was standing in front of him and didn’t look like she was going to move.

“Sarah! What are you doing here? He wanted to take her in his arms and kiss her, but couldn’t. They were in uniform.

“Hi Harm. I need to talk to you. I didn’t get the chance the last time I saw you.” she replied.

“I’m sorry Sarah, but I have a mission to fly in ten minutes. It takes that long to walk down to the flight deck.” he explained.

“Well then, before you go I need you to sign these papers Harm.” she replied.

“Can’t it wait Sarah?” he pleaded.

“No Harm, I’ve all ready waited too. You need to sign these papers now.” she ordered.

Harm sighed, he took the pen and signed all the papers.

“Aren’t you going to read the papers Harm?” she asked.

“I don’t have time Sarah, I have a mission to fly. I trust you. I have to go. Maybe we can get together before you leave.” he answered. He looked around and saw no one around. He leaned down and gave her a kiss.

Lurking in the shadows was Brumby. He had seen the kiss. He wondered how it was possible. As far as he knew Sarah had come aboard the day Harm left. How was it possible that they knew each other?

Bud had told him Harm had been a pilot before coming to JAG. He hadn’t been stationed anywhere else. Bud said he had only met Sarah once. It had been for a day and a half. It had been almost five years ago.

He wondered if it had something to do with her kids. Were they married? He hadn’t seen a ring, but how was it she had a child when she wasn’t seeing anyone. He hadn’t seen her with Harm before he left.

What were the papers for? They weren’t here to see Harm. He wasn’t involved in the mishap. Why did she need to see him? She didn’t even know him? Did she? But they did kiss, why?

Sarah walked away. She wasn’t entirely happy. Sure she got him to sign the papers. He needed to, they protected his rights as the girls’ father, but they needed to talk about the girls.

She kept on wondering why was it he didn’t want to talk to her. He said she was the most wonderful woman in the world. He always smiled when he saw her. He kissed her. He didn’t have to.

She looked over the papers. There was Chloe’s adoption papers. There was his power of attorney. There was his agreement to pay child support for his three girls. And finally there was the papers that gave him ownership of half the house and his authorization for his payment of half the mortgage.

Fifty five percent of Harm’s paycheck was now going to Sarah and the girls. Twenty three percent of his paycheck went to pay the mortgage. Thirty two percent went as child support for the girls.

She would also be able to collect for BAS for a dependent of Harm. She would be able to collect a lot more by having Harm claim two of the girls as dependents since the Navy was handing his berthing.

She wondered if Harm was even aware of the wage garnishing. She had been taking deductions from his paycheck for four years now. He had never said anything to her. If he was aware of the deductions wouldn’t he have said something about it. Why won’t he talk to her?

Over the next forty eight hours Sarah didn’t see Harm. When she was sleeping, Harm was flying. When Harm wasn’t flying, he was sleeping. Sarah was busy conducting interviews with everyone involved in the mishap.

She found out during her investigation that the LSO assigned at the time of the mishap had been fighting with the pilot. The LSO always made the pilot go around at least two times, sometimes three before letting him land.

It seemed the pilot had no problems with the other LSO’s. In fact if one removed the wave offs from this LSO, the pilot would be the leader on their weird Greenie Board.

She recommended that the LSO be brought up on charges of dereliction of duty and conduct unbecoming an officer. There would be an article thirty two hearing. She figured it would probably be pleaded to lost of pay for six months and a reduction in grade.

She and the Commander were getting ready to leave on the COD. She looked up and saw Harm standing in the hatchway. She waved to him and he waved back. She smiled to herself. There has to be something there between them.

What it was she didn’t know. She could never corner him long enough to talk with him. He must care about her. He always smiles, but this was killing her. She had two girls with him, adopted another one with him, all based on two days together.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.