VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: A Night or Three to Remember : part 4

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:49:48 07/18/08 Fri
In reply to: skates 's message, "A Night or Three to Remember : part 1" on 20:00:35 07/17/08 Thu

part 4

Wednesday
12 June 2002
Naval Academy
Annapolis

Harm was on leave. He was visiting with some friends at the Academy. A favorite instructor of theirs was retiring after thirty five years. He had taught advanced engineering, a course one needed to take if one hoped to become a pilot.

He couldn’t believe all the people who had shown up. There were classmates whom he hadn’t seen since his days at the Academy. Many of them were still serving in the Navy.

He had stopped off in Washington DC to pick up his corvette he had in storage. He was going to do this gig right. If he was lucky he would see one of the few ladies who had attended the Academy the same time he and Diane had.

It had been a long time since he had been with a woman. When he thought about it longer the last time was with Sarah the night before he left to fly. That was three years ago. He wondered where the time had gone.

He had always heard that time sped by faster as you got older. He didn’t know how that was possible, but he was beginning to understand. He began to think what we wanted to do for the rest of his life.

Did he want to get married? Did he want to have a family? Had he waited too long to start thinking about this? He had been so self absorbed about flying, he hadn’t given much thought about the life after flying.

In three years he would have his twenty years. He could retire if he wanted, but what was he going to do. He had spent most of his career flying jets. You couldn’t do that in civilian life, though he could be an airline pilot.

But that thought didn’t appeal to him, especially if he had a family. He wouldn’t want to be away from them. Then the thought occurred to him. He did have a law degree. The problem was he hadn’t practice law in four years.

It might be a good idea to spend at least one year at Jag before he left the Navy. If he was lucky he could spend it with Sarah. He would be able to get to know her better and maybe marry her someday and have a family.

He felt someone whack him across his back. He turned around to see it was his old buddy and roommate Jack Keeter. It was a nice surprise. He hadn’t seen Jack since he rescued him from an Iranian prison.

“What are you doing here Jack? I haven’t seen or heard from you in three years.” he smiled glad to see his good buddy.

“I’ve been doing a lot of test flying for the Navy. It’s a great job Harm. I get to be one of the first to fly any new planes they develop.” smirked Jack.

“Some life Jack. I’ll stick to flying Tomcats everyday. They have less of a chance of falling apart. I like doing my own thing. There’s no one telling me what to do. There’s nothing like the peacefulness and speed one experiences when flying a Tomcat.” he mused.

“Yesterday’s news Harm. By today’s standards of what’s out there, it’s a dog. It’s archaic, a dinosaur. Even the F-18 isn’t very exciting to fly anymore. There’s a plane I’ve been flying that is twice as fast and more maneuverable than the cat.

Harm, you should get reassigned to a test flight command. It’s exciting and new. It’s the thrill of a lifetime.” he pleaded. He wanted Harm to join him. Then he could go carousing with Harm like the old days.

“Don’t think so buddy. I figure to fly for two more years before going back to Jag.” replied Harm.

“What the hell for?” asked Jack flabbergasted.

“I plan on retiring after I put in my twenty. I’m going to need a job when I get out. I going to want to get back in the swing of things and maybe get some recognition before I retire.” he smiled.

“There has to be a woman in the mix somewhere. Who is she Harm?” he asked.

“I haven’t seen anyone in three years buddy. I just need to plan for the future, a future after the navy.” he replied.

They partied long and hard the rest of the night. They found a couple of young fillies to spend some time with. When it was time to call it a night, Harm excluded himself. He was planning on seeing Sarah before he returned from leave.

Somehow women seemed to have a sixth sense when it came to men seeing other women. Luke had told him a long time ago it wasn’t a sixth sense, it was only the sense of smell that gave you away. They could always smell another woman’s perfume on you no matter how long after the fact.

Saturday
20 June 2002
The MacKenzie/Rabb Estate

Harm had another day to go before he had to return to the fleet. Since he needed to drop off his corvette in DC he figure it might be a good time to check in with Sarah. He checked into a hotel room.

Sarah meanwhile was taking a relaxing walk in the park. She had the weekend to herself because her CO, the Admiral and his wife Sidney, had taken the girls for the weekend.

They were past the age of having children of their own, but liked the idea of spending time with children a few times a month. AJ knew Sarah worked very hard, both at work and at home taking care of her girls.

He liked the idea of giving her a break to herself. Besides being around the girls made him feel young again. It gave him the opportunity to watch them grow up unlike with his daughter.

Sarah heard her cell phone ringing.

“Hello, this is Sarah MacKenzie.” she answered.

“Hello Sarah MacKenzie, you sound very chipper today, this is Harm.” he replied anxiously.

“Hi Harm, How are you? Where are you? And how did you get my cell phone number?” she asked.

“I called Bud the spud Roberts. He gave it to me. I was visiting friends at the Academy this past week. I remembered that you live here in DC. I was wondering what you were doing tonight?” he asked nervously.

“I don’t have anything planned.” she replied. Her heart began to beat as fast as a butterfly. She couldn’t believe he would seek her out.

“Would you like to go out to dinner and some dancing?” he asked hopefully. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever known. He still got goose bumps whenever she was near.

“That sounds like a charming idea Harm.” she answered seductively. It had been a long time since she had been out to dinner and dancing. Brumby had taken her out a couple of times before Ronnie was born and before she caught on to his tricks.

“Good, can I meet you at Milano’s Italian Restaurant on thirty third street at 2000 hours?” he asked.

“I’ll be there Harm. You better wear a pair of comfortable shoes, I like to dance.” she replied in a very seductive tone.

A few hours later Harm was sitting in the restaurant waiting for Sarah. He had gone crazy with nothing to do in his hotel room all day while he waited. He was dress nicely with a collared shirt and tie. He even had a nice suit jacket on.

Then he saw her walk in and talked to the hostess. Wow! Was the only thought he had in his head as he watched her being led to his table. She was wearing medium length sleeveless cherry red dress with a plunging neckline.

The dress seemed to be molded to fit every curve of her body perfectly. He couldn’t believe how truly beautiful she looked. Her marine greens didn’t do her justice. She was also wearing her much longer now.

When she arrived at the table he stood up to offer her a chair. He gave her his best smile. She in return gave him a smiled that just about knocked him on his six. It was so beautiful. He felt like getting down on one knee and asking her to marry him right then and now.

“Wow! Sarah, you looked so beautiful. I can’t believe that each time I see you, that you’re even more beautiful than the time before.” he greeted her.

“Thank you Harm, but it’s not really hard to do. We have only been together three times before. The first time was after I had spent the better part of the day traveling back and forth across the country.

The second time was just before you left to fly. I don’t think I was in my clothes long enough for you to notice what I was wearing. And the last time was on the Seahawk and I was wearing my uniform.” she replied with a smile.

“That’s true, but I will never forget how beautiful you are.” he replied.

“And because I look like Diane.” she argued.

“Maybe the first time we met, but you made me forget about her Sarah. I haven’t thought about Diane until a few days ago when I met up with my roommate at the Academy. We use to hang out a lot together.” he clarified.

The waitress came to take their drink and meal order. Harm went with the bake chicken, rice pilaf Mexican style, and corn. He ordered another beer.

Sarah ordered a sixteen ounce medium rare steak, a large bake potato, and baby snow peas. She ordered a ginger ale tonic with a twist of lime.

They talked some more before dinner was served. They ate in relative silence as Harm was amazed at how quickly Sarah consumed her meal. He wondered if she ate like this every night. If she did, how was she able to look so perfect.

“What?” she looked at him wondering what he was thinking.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a woman with as appetite like yours.” he smiled.

“I’m a marine Harm. We were only allowed ten minutes to eat. And all women have an appetite. They usually wait to show it.” she smiled.

They bantered on for awhile longer before dessert was serve.

“So when are you returning to the Seahawk Harm?” she asked hoping to take the conversation in a new direction, their future.

“Tomorrow. I do want to talk to you about something Sarah. In a few years I’ll have my twenty in. I’m thinking of leaving the Navy then. I was thinking about what I would do.” he began.

“What did you come up with?” she asked though she wondered why he was planning on getting out.

“I figured I had two career choices. I could either fly for a commercial airline or go to work for a small law firm.” he replied.

“Interesting choices Harm, what have you decided?” she asked hoping it was to be a lawyer.

“I figured being a lawyer would be the better of the two choices. I figured I could come back to Jag, maybe work with you in a couple of years.” he smiled.

“That would be nice Harm. I wouldn’t mind the opportunity to work with you.” she replied smiling.

“Sarah, I’m not sure that I have the right to ask you.” he began.

“You can ask me anything Harm. You might not like the answer, but you can always ask.” she smiled. Harm suddenly seemed quite nervous to her.

“I want to ask you to marry me Sarah.” he replied.

“You don’t even know me Harm.” she replied a little amuse, but also quite stunned. Never in the world did she think he would ask her this question. This was only the fourth time they have gotten together in six years.

She had hoped that one day this would happen, but she didn’t expect it would be today. She didn’t know what to say. But one thing she knew he needed to know, he needed to know about the girls.

“I know everything I need to know Sarah. I know that when my days of flying are over, I want to be with you.” he replied.

He pulled a box out of his jacket pocket. He opened the box to reveal the most beautiful ring Sarah ever saw. Her breath caught in her throat. Harm took the ring out of the box and put it on her hand.

“Until I return to Jag I want you to know you will always be in my thoughts and in my heart.” he said with a warm smile.

He leaned over and gave her a kiss, a kiss she was willing to return. He stood up and took her hand to draw her up with him. He took her over to the dance floor where they spent the next few hours dancing to their future.

She was very happy. Her head was spinning with thoughts she never knew she had. She didn’t know how to put them together in rational thought. Her head was on his shoulder most of the night as they dance.

It was just after midnight when they made their way back to his hotel room. It wasn’t long before they were making hot passionate love into the early hours of the morning before they fell asleep.

As before Sarah woke up to an empty bed around noontime. Once again she hadn’t gotten the opportunity to tell him about the girls. She cursed and wondered why he couldn’t hang around longer than a few hours.

She found a note on the table beside her.

Dear Sarah, my love

Last night was the most wonderful night of my life in so many ways. You are the most beautiful woman in the world who always finds a way to amaze me every time I see her. You are special, my Sarah.

I look forward to the next time I see you. Hopefully I will be working with you at Jag. I hope we will be planning for the day we will be together for the rest of our lives Sarah.

Know this Sarah, my sweet Sarah, I love you and I will always love you. Until next time we meet Sarah, take care.

Love Harm

Sarah cried with happiness. Some day soon they would be together. She would have a husband and the girls would have their father.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
A Night or Three to Remember : part 5skates12:51:30 07/18/08 Fri

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.