VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: A Night or Three to Remember : part 5

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:51:30 07/18/08 Fri
In reply to: skates 's message, "A Night or Three to Remember : part 4" on 12:49:48 07/18/08 Fri

part 5

Friday
20 Sep 2002
Bethesda Naval Hospital

It wasn’t long before Sarah discovered she was pregnant again. She didn’t understand how it was possible Harm always picked the perfect day to make love to her. The flyboy was now three for three now, incredible.

She wondered how it must look to some people. Every two or three years she managed to turn up pregnant while not dating anyone. She couldn’t believe it herself. Her three girls kept her plenty busy.

It was one of the drawbacks of having young children. She hardly ever went out anymore. She could count on one hand how many time in the last three years. Maybe that was why she never said no to Harm.

If there was one thing Harm always did, he treated her like a real woman. He also happened to be the best looking man she had ever known. It felt good to be wanted by him. Even though she wasn’t able to tell him about the girls she thought they had come to an understanding.

The thing she didn’t like was the lack of commitment from Harm until now. It was still going to be two years before he would be there for her and the girls everyday, that is if he could accept his girls.

In a few month she would have another child. She hoped it would be a boy this time for Harm, but more importantly the child needed to be healthy, that’s all that mattered in the long run.

Thursday
13 Mar 2003
Bethesda Naval Hospital

Once again Carolyn was there for her when her third girl was born. She was a carbon copy of the other two though maybe a little bigger. She weighed in at almost nine pounds and was twenty four inches long.

Carolyn whistled at the size of her. Most babies she knew that were being born were seven to seven and a half pounds. They average nineteen to twenty inches long. Sarah must be doing something right she thought.

“How come you keep having such big babies Sarah?” she asked after the baby was born.

“I’m a Marine, we always do things in grand style.” smiled Sarah.

“I don’t think so Sarah. If that was the case you would be having boys, not girls.” she argued.

“Then it must be all the raw beef I eat. Builds muscles and character.” she smiled. It was nice to have such a good friend.

“That’s always a possibility. I’ve seen the way you eat. It always amazes me that you always stayed so slim.” she smiled.

“You chase around three girls in your spare time and you’ll understand why I eat so much. But really Carolyn, I think the real reason they’re big babies is that I’m five feet nine inches tall.

Their father is well over six feet tall. That’s a good combination for having big babies. I’m sure your boy must have been pretty big when he was born.” Sarah replied.

“Yeah he was, but not as big as your girls. So are you ever going to tell me who their father is?” she asked.

“When the time comes Carolyn. I promise you will be the first one to know.” Sarah smiled.

A couple of days later Sarah took her new baby girl, Elizabeth, home to her sisters. They were all so happy that the baby was a girl. They didn’t want any smelly gross boys in their family.

Sarah had to make another trip to personnel to add MacKenzie as a dependent. This gave her additional benefits and 60% of Harm’s paycheck now. She was still surprised that after six years Harm had never said anything to her.

Wednesday
15 Dec 2004
Aircraft Carrier Seahawk

It was time, time to return to Jag. Harm had been in contact with Admiral Chegwidden. He had agreed to let Harm return. But it didn’t really matter to the Admiral too much because he was retiring after thirty six years in the Navy this spring.

Harm couldn’t believe it. He had less than two years left to serve in the Navy before he could retire. It was a day he was looking forward to. He loved flying. He loved being on a carrier, but it was a lonely and hard life.

He was looking forward to seeing Sarah again. It had been two and a half years. He had missed her terribly. If he had his way they would have a spring wedding, sometime after the roses begin to bloom.

He had called his mother. She was going to meet him in DC after he got back. After spending a day or two with her, he would take her to meet Sarah, the most beautiful Marine in the world.

Friday
17 Dec 2004
Harm’s old apartment

A few days later Harm was sitting in his old apartment. He was trying to figure out what he needed to do. His first thought was about Sarah. If he was going to marry her, he should probably think about buying a house for her to live in.

A place where they could raise their children together. It was a good thing he had been depositing most of his income into investment account that promise eight percent earnings per year. He should have sizable account by now.

He went to the file cabinet where he had Bud store all his important papers. He looked through the files until he found his bank statements. He laughed at himself when he saw about a hundred unopened envelopes.

Well he figured he made enough money that he didn’t have to micromanage his paycheck. And for the last five years he only took out a hundred dollars twice a month. It was nice to have a beer or two and a good cigar to smoke.

He opened the last one. He figured there had to be half a mill in there by now. What he saw wasn’t what he expected. His account had only about one hundred fifty thousand. Something was wrong big time.

He spent the next several hours going through the rest of the envelopes to see what was going on. Instead of seeing his paycheck increasing he saw it taking a big hit every few years. The biggest one was after Sarah visited him on the Seahawk.

He remembered that he had signed a lot of papers without looking at them. She had asked him to read them, but he was too busy to be bothered. He needed to find out what was going on.

He took a trip to the finance office and personnel office to check with them. He met up with an officer name Lieutenant Grayson. He pulled Harm’s personnel file. He whistled at what he saw.

“Boy, you must have been very busy Sir when you were on leave. It’s no wonder why you have such a big deduction from your paycheck.” he smiled.

“What are you babbling about Lieutenant?” Harm asked.

“Well let’s start at the beginning. In 1997 the first deduction from your paycheck was made. Fifteen percent was taken out and sent to a Major Sarah MacKenzie.

In 2000 the deduction was increased to thirty five percent. In 2001 the deduction was increased to fifty two percent. And in 2003 the deduction was increased to sixty percent.” he grinned.

Harm was standing there with a shocked expression on his face. He was flabbergasted. How was it possible that Sarah, the woman he loved, the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, had been taking money out of his paycheck for years?

The next big question was why? What gave her the right? She must have had some reason. His first question was whether or not what she did was legal? But he quickly nixed that idea. She was a lawyer after all.

“Do you know why she was taking money out of my paycheck?” he asked.

Grayson smiled before answering. He had been in the Navy long enough to have a good idea what was going on. It was classic child support payments. He assumed the third deduction probably had something to do with buying a house.

He wondered whether this was a result of a divorce or a man away at sea too long. It didn’t matter he would find out soon enough.

“I can’t give you a definitive answer sir. I could only conjecture. I think your best bet would be to talk to her about it Sir. If you want Sir, I can give you her address.”

Harm took Sarah’s address from Grayson and thanked him. He was a little surprised to see the address. It was definitely in one of the better neighborhoods in Georgetown. Most of the houses were like small mansions.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.