VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Love in Russia : part 5

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:52:57 07/18/08 Fri
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Love in Russia : part 1 and 2" on 19:56:34 07/17/08 Thu

part five

1200 hours
local time
17 July
Russia

Mac and Harm had been walking all morning. They came across a small stream and decided to stop and rest for awhile. Mac filled up the canteens. Harm pulled out some food for lunch.

“This looks like a good place to stop and rest.” stated Harm. He was a little tired.

“What’s the matter flyboy, don’t you have your land legs.” teased Mac.

“Very funny jarhead. Just keep it up and I just might have to cool you down.” dared Harm.

“Okay, okay, just don’t call me jarhead. You know I don’t like that term.” wailed Mac with a tear.

“Fair enough Sarah, I’m sorry. Are you ready for something delicious to eat for lunch?” asked Harm.

“Yes, I’m starved.” replied Mac anxiously.

“Then I guess it good that we stopped. I guess we’ll have to ration our food a little until we reach the nearest town. Why don’t you fill up the canteens while I find the food.” chuckled Harm.

“Okay Harm.” replied Mac as she took the canteens to filled them up.

While Harm and Mac were relaxing they ate their MRE’s and drank their ice tea, they noticed a small horse drawn wagon pulling up to the stream a quarter mile away.

There appeared to be two gypsies getting out of the wagon to water their horses. There was a man and woman. They appeared to be in their mid twenties. They saw Harm and Mac and came over to talk to Harm and Mac (in Russian) while the horse drank from the stream.

“Hello, my name is Demetri, and this my sister Sasha.” greeted Demetri.

“Hi Demetri, Sasha, my name is Sarah, and this is my husband Harmon. replied Mac as she shook their hand.

“You must be Americans.” responded Demetri.

“Why do you say that? Do you speak English?” asked Mac curiously.

“Yes, we speak English. We were educated in England. The clothing you wear gave you away. No one around here dresses like you do.” chuckled Demetri.

“Why are you in Russia?” asked Sasha now speaking in English.

“We are traveling to Beleuxi. We will pay you if you will help us get there.” offered Mac.

“I don’t know Sarah, Beleuxi is very far away. It will take four or five months to cross Russia. It is way out of our way. We usually like to stay in the western part of Russian. Once you travel another five hundred miles east there are very few towns to be seen.” replied Demetri.

“We can pay you ten thousand dollars.” offered Mac.

“Okay Sarah, come to our wagon and we will talk about it. We will give you a change of clothes so that you will fit in.” smiled Demetri.

Harm and Mac gathered up their gear and they went over to the wagon. They changed into more appropriate clothing. Harm heard giggling coming from inside the wagon and wondered what was going on. Mac came out of the wagon with Sasha.

“Well flyboy, how do I look?” asked Mac.

“Wow! You look incredible ninja girl. What were you two talking about inside? I heard you giggling a lot.” asked Harm.

“You look good flyboy. Sasha asked me if you were as good a lover as you are handsome.” giggled Mac.

“What did you say to cause you both to start giggling.” asked Harm curiously.

“I said I didn’t know. We were recently married and you were quite bashful.” replied Mac as Sasha and Demetri join in laughter.

“And here I thought Chloe was bad. I don’t know about you.” smiled Harm shaking his head.

“Where do think she learned it from. Any way I gave them the money to seal the deal.” cooed Mac.

1100 hours
31 July
Gulag 22,
Russia

It was two weeks later. Harm and Mac had arrived at the fist garrison on the list they were going to check out. While Mac and Sasha distracted the locals by reading their palms and telling them their fortunes,

Harm and Demetri snuck into the Commander’s office while he was at lunch and check it out. They found nothing of value and quickly left. They hope to find something at the next garrison.

They followed this procedure the next few months. Sometimes they found a little information, like Harm Sr. had been there at one time, but only for a few months before he was moved some place else. Unfortunately that location was a mystery.

JAG headquarters

The staff was still mourning the loss of Harm and Mac. They still couldn’t believe that they were gone. They had the memorial service last week. They all attended, they all cried.

Every important dignitary in Washington showed up, senators, congressmen, and high ranking military personnel. They all seem to have something to say, but it didn’t lessen the pain their families and friends felt.

2100 hours
30 September

Two months later Mac and Harm were lying together in their sleeping bag. Mac was in Harm’s arms with her head on his chest. They finally had made love together. It was an unbelievable experience for both of them because of the love they shared for each other.

“Harm, do you know how happy I am to be here in your arms? I feel so good these days. I sleep better now then at any other time in my life. I don’t remember now what it feels like to have insomnia.” Mac said softly.

“I agree with you Sarah. If we hadn’t gotten married in Milan, we wouldn’t feel comfortable about letting our relationship grow into the wonderful experience that it has. I really enjoy being here with you Sarah.” replied Harm as he gave her a little kiss on her forehead.

“I wonder how everyone at home is doing?” asked Mac curiously.

“Unfortunately, they probably think we are dead. They are probably in a state of shock and mourning.” replied Harm sadly.

“What do you mean Harm?” asked a puzzled Mac.

“Remember, our plane exploded. I’m sure the state department was notified by the Russian government. I’m sure Webb and his goons have checked out their story about our plane going down and confirmed it.

Webb would have let the Admiral know as soon as possible and he would have told our families and friends that we were dead.” responded Harm logically.

“I hadn’t thought about that. And there is no way of letting them know, that we are alive.” replied Mac wishfully.

“We’re just going to have to wait until we get back home after we’re done here.” responded Harm.

“Well at least we have found two new friends who are good to us.” smiled Mac.

“Yes, they have been very good to us. We are at least two months away from our destination.” agreed Harm.

“Harm, I have something important to tell you.” cooed Mac trying to get Harm’s attention.

“What is it Sarah?” asked Harm.

“It’s good news I believe. I hope it makes you as happy as I am.” replied Mac hopefully.

“I’m sure I will be. What is it?” asked Harm.

“I’m pregnant. We’re going to have a baby.” smiled Mac happily.

“That is great news Sarah. I love you.” replied Harm as he kissed her.

“I love you too, Harm.” responded Mac as she kissed Harm goodnight.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Thanks for reposting this story. Can't wait for the rest of the story. (NT)Sophie05:19:33 07/19/08 Sat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.