VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Re: A Night or Three to Remember : part 6

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:32:46 07/19/08 Sat
In reply to: skates 's message, "A Night or Three to Remember : part 1" on 20:00:35 07/17/08 Thu

part 6

Saturday
18 Dec 2004
The MacKenzie/Rabb Estate

The next day Harm got into his car to go visit Sarah. He didn’t know whether to be upset with her or not. He had to remind himself that every time he had visited with Sarah in the past she had wanted to talk to him.

But he had told her not now, he would talk to her tomorrow before he would engage in a night of hot sexual pleasure with her. Well he guess tomorrow had finally come. It was time to talk to her and find out what the real story was. He drove up the driveway to her house.

He whistled to himself. It was impressive. It had to be a five or six bedroom house with four or five baths he thought. At least she had good taste. The house was set back at least two hundred feet from the road.

It was three stories tall with a wrapped around porch. It was some off white color with shutters. He could hear some children playing somewhere in the background. Judging by all the shrieking, they must be girls.

He got out of the car and walked up to the front door and knocked. A few minutes later the door opened revealing the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Sarah was standing there wearing a tight pair of blue jeans and cherry red turtleneck sweater.

“Harmon, you’re back from the fleet.” she exclaimed with joy. Her smiled just about melted any residual anger he had left in him. “Come in, it must be cold out there.”

“Nice place you have here Sarah. I wonder how you managed it on a Colonel’s salary.” he replied with a slight tone of bitterness in his voice.

“Thank you Harmon, but it’s doesn’t belong to just me. There are a few other people who live here besides me. We’re looking for another roommate.” she said in a teasing tone.

She had a feeling he was aware that something was going on, but hadn’t quite figured it all out yet. But it wouldn’t be long before he did. He was a bright guy.

They went into the family room where there was a fire going in the fireplace. They went over to the couch and sat down. There was a pot of hot chocolate and cups on the coffee table.

Meanwhile outside Tory had noticed Harm’s arrival. She called out to Chloe. The man she saw getting out of the car was very tall. Her mother had told her there was a chance he might be home for Christmas this year.

“Chloe! Look! There’s a man getting out of the car in the driveway. You don’t think?” she asked.

“Mom did say he drove a red corvette. That is a red corvette. You go and get Ronnie and I’ll get Lizzie.” Chloe ordered.

Very quickly they gathered up their sisters and went inside the house via the back door. They quickly discarded their wet snowsuits, boots, mittens and coats in the middle of the kitchen floor.

“Ronnie, go upstairs and get the picture. Tory, do you think you can sneak into the room where Mom and the man are? You need to get a good look at him without him seeing you.” Chloe ordered her two sisters.

Ronnie was up the back stairs and to her room as fast as her almost five year old legs could carry her. She grabbed the picture off her bureau and quickly made her way back down the stairs to where Chloe was waiting for her.

The thought that her daddy, Harm, was here had her getting very excited. All her friends had daddies that they played with everyday. They had daddies that loved them. Now maybe it was her turn, that is she and her sisters turn to have a daddy to play with and love them.

Tory meanwhile got into marine recon mode and went through a couple of rooms until she reached the family room. She saw her mother talking to the man. They were sitting on the couch. She saw him look out the window.

It gave her a good view of his face. He didn’t seem to be very happy. Whatever he and her mother were talking about wasn’t making him happy.
She scampered back to the kitchen where the others were waiting for her.
Chloe showed her the picture and she nodded her head.

“Is it him Tory?” asked Chloe.

“It looks like him Chloe. He didn’t look too happy.” she replied.

“That’s because he hasn’t seen us yet. He will be happy when he sees us.” explained Chloe.

“Who is man?” asked Lizzie. She could sense something was going on, but at her very young age she wasn’t able to comprehend.

“We think he’s daddy.” replied Tory to her baby sister.

“Yeah! Goodie, goodie!” smiled Lizzie as she clapped her hands excitedly.

They all moved quietly into the next room to plan their next move. They all wanted a chance to see him, be with him, love him, and be loved.

In the other room Harm and Sarah were talking. Harm was enjoying the fire in the fireplace. There was nothing better than a fire on a cold wintrily day. You could get lost looking into the flames.

As much as he loved being on a carrier flying jets, you didn’t have moments like this. You slept on half a bed a foot short in a small room. Recreation was in a room with no windows, no view. He liked being here in this room.

“You’ve done a nice job with the place Sarah. It is beautiful.” he began.

“I couldn’t have done it without help Harm. I had a very special friend who assisted me without complaining.” she replied.

Harm was beginning to do a small boil. Here he was ponying up all his money and she had a special friend helping her. It was probably that slime ball from the land down under, Commander Bugmetodeath.

Sarah could see that Harm didn’t understand her compliment was in reference to him. She guessed she would have to come out and explain it to him a little more clearly. He hadn’t put the pieces together yet.

“Harm, the special friend was you. I wouldn’t have been able to afford a place this nice by myself. The house doesn’t belong just to me, it belongs to you too Harm.” she said as she watched the expression on his face change.

“This house belongs to you and me? Me and you?” he asked looking for confirmation. To say he was shock was an understatement.

“Of course Harm, who else would I buy a house together with. You did say you loved me and wanted to be with me.” she laughed.

“I was wondering where all my money had gone to, but you must have bought this house at least two years before I told you that I loved you.” he replied.

But before Sarah could explained any further she heard a noise coming from the next room. The girls must have come in. This should be interesting she thought. She wondered how they would receive Harm.

In the other room the girls were whispering back and forth about the possibility that their father had finally come home. They hoped that he would be here forever. They would give up Christmas forever if it was true.

“Mom called him Harm. Daddy’s name is Harmon.” smiled Tory.

“And he looks like Dad. Who wants to go first? asked Chloe.

Ronnie was the first to raise her hand. Tory frown in disappointment and pouted. Lizzie wasn’t too sure what was going on, but she wanted to be a part of it no matter what it was. She loved her big sisters.

“Don’t get upset Tory, I don’t think he’s going anywhere.” Chloe said trying to soothe her.

“But I have been waiting for him the longest.” she sulked.

“Well then you can give him the biggest hugged. Remember to squeeze real hard.” she smiled giving her a hug. “Ronnie you go first. Get a running start and jump into his lap. Then give him a big hug. Afterwards move over so Tory can do the same.”

“Okay Chloe.” she replied with a big beautiful smile before she took off running.

Sarah heard her before she saw her. She smiled as she realized the girls had come into the house. Harm only saw the beautiful smile. He wasn’t use to listening for little people’s feet.

Sarah saw Ronnie approaching at a rapid clip. She braced herself to what she thought was Ronnie jumping up onto the couch to be with her. She was surprise though when she landed in Harm’s lap knees first.

Harm had only caught sight of her at the last moment. He groaned when the not quite five year old landed in his lap. She was forty five inches tall and weighed fifty two pounds.

It was only his fighter jock quick reflexes that prevented damage to the family jewels. He was surprised to see the little girl in his lap. Then came the vice like grip around his neck that seemed like it lasted forever, but was only for a couple minutes.

She released her grip when she heard him groan and leaned back. Then she asked him “Are you my daddy?”

Harm was flabbergasted. He looked over at Sarah and then the child. She looked almost exactly like her mother. He gave her a questioning look.

“Harm, I would like you to meet Veronica ...... your daughter. She’ll be five in February.”

Harm was stunned. The little girl was his. That explained some things to him. Ronnie snuggled close to him for a few minutes before moving over to her mother. Harm smiled as Ronnie cuddled in her mother’s lap.

But he wasn’t smiling a moment later when Tory landed in his lap. She had came in on stealth mode and she didn’t miss. Harm groaned as the pain of agony reached his brain. Tory wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and squeezed.

He couldn’t believe the strength in this little girl. She appeared to be older and much larger. She was fifty four inches tall and weighed sixty two pounds. Finally she relented her grip and leaned back a little.

“Harm, this is Victoria, your first born. She’ll be eight next April. She’s been waiting to see you for a very long time.”

Harm was surprise to say the least. She was another clone of her mother. They both were so beautiful. Tory stayed there for a few minutes before getting up and moving to the other side of her mother.

Harm wondered what was going on. Why did they move away from him? He lifted arms and sniffed underneath both of them getting some giggles from the girls. While the girls were giggling he felt someone crawling up onto the couch between his legs.

He looked down to see the littlest Sarah clone. She was so cute and adorable. He helped her up the rest of the way. She gave him a hug before settling down in his lap and cuddling. He looked at Sarah.

“Her name is Elizabeth, she’s the youngest. They’re all your girls Harm.”

“Not that I mind, but how come they all look like you?” he asked.

“Superior genes Harm.” she smirked. His expression was priceless.

“But we do have one more daughter.” she continued as she waved Chloe over to them.

“This is Chloe, she’s fourteen going on thirty two. We adopted her three years ago.” she smiled.

“We?” he asked a bit shocked. He came here with so many questions. He got some answers, but now he had many more questions.

“The papers I had you signed, the ones you didn’t read, because you trusted me. She loves you as much as the others.” she answered.

Harm sighed when he remembered back to that day. He held out him arms to give Chloe a hug. He didn’t want her to feel left out.

Friday
24 Dec 2004
The MacKenzie/Rabb Estate

During the next week Harm wanted to go Christmas shopping for the girls. Sarah told him it wasn’t necessary because she had gotten them more than enough gifts. Still Harm felt he needed to give them something special, something from him.

“Harm, you don’t have to get them anything. They’re going to get more than they need as it is. AJ and Sidney like to spoil them as if they are their grandchildren. Bud and Sturgis have gotten them gifts. Even the office staff contributed.” she argued.

“I know that Sarah, I’ve seen the presents that are lock in the spare bedroom, but I still want to get them something from me.” he moaned.

“Harm, you’ve already given them the best gift possible, yourself. They have always been happy girls, but the one thing they have wanted the most is having a father. They have one now. Since you got here last week they’re happier than I’ve ever seen them. They love you Harm.” she replied with tears in her eyes.

At first Harm had wanted to stay in his old apartment, but Sarah had convinced him to stay with them. He was on leave until the first of the year. She thought that spending time with the girls was far more important than anything else for the girls and especially him.

He had to agree the past week had been very special, perhaps the best week of his life. It seemed at least one of them was always there with him. They had gone sledding one day. Built snowmen another day. There were other silly games they played.

Whenever he slowed down to sit in front of the fire to relax, there was always one of them there cuddling with him in his lap. He couldn’t understand it, he was a total stranger to these girls, but they seemed to love him anyway.

“Did I tell you my mother was coming for a visit? I haven’t seen her since I left to fly five years ago. She wanted to catch me while I was stateside.” he began. He didn’t know how Sarah would take the news of a surprise guest.

“You know she’s more than welcome to stay here Harm. There is a spare bedroom.” she replied.

“Thank you Sarah. I’m been dreading the Harmon Rabb Jr. speech. You’re forty years old. When are you going to get married. I would like to have grandchildren before I’m too old to enjoy them.” sighed Harm.

“Well there’s not much we can do about getting married before she gets here, but I’m sure she’ll be surprise to see the girls.” she giggled.

“That’s true, but when she sees them she’ll ask me why I didn’t tell her about them sooner.” he moaned.

“Maybe Harm, but I’m sure seeing the girls will make her forget about everything else. In fact they will probably tire her out.” she smiled.

“That’s one thing I’m sure of. Hell they tire me out. I have to take a nap every afternoon.” he grinned.

“Do you want me to come with you to the airport to pick up your mother? Chloe is old enough to watch the girls.” she asked.

She thought that if his mother saw him with her it would take away the sting from the grandma speech. It would set her mind thinking about all the possibilities.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
A Night or Three to Remember : part 7skates12:14:22 07/20/08 Sun

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.