VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Re: Love in Russia : part 6

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:34:03 07/19/08 Sat
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Love in Russia : part 1 and 2" on 19:56:34 07/17/08 Thu

part six

25 November
Thanksgiving

It was almost three months later. Harm and Mac had checked out half a dozen garrisons between the crash site and Beleuxi. They had found very little evidence concerning Harm Sr. Harm Sr. had been at a few of them in the seventies, but not for very long.

It seemed that he was moved around a lot. Perhaps to keep him disorientated. He was at the last one in 1980. The last garrison reported that he had escaped in early 1980 and had not been recaptured. Harm held out hope that he could still be alive.

But Mac was getting worried. They had been gone from JAG for many months. It didn’t look like they would be getting back to JAG any time soon. Normally that would be a problem, but no big deal.

Unfortunately she was pregnant. The weather had taken a turn for the worse. The first snow had appeared two weeks ago. The night time temperatures were in the teens. She was worried about being out doors all the time.

She was concerned about getting sick and somehow hurting the baby. They had been fortunate that Demetri had agreed to carry a heater that ran on kerosene in the wagon for the cold nights.

Mac sighed as they sat around a campfire eating an early dinner. It was Thanksgiving today. They were far away from everyone they loved. Even though she was sad by this fact, she was happy that she had Harm with her.

He was her husband and father of the child she was carrying. They both were alive and happy. It wouldn’t be long until they reached their destination before returning home.

JAG headquarters

Meanwhile back at JAG, the Admiral had invited everyone to his home for Thanksgiving including Webb and the SecNav. He wanted everyone together at this time of year. He wanted everyone to remember Harm and Mac.

He wanted to know how everyone was doing and how they were dealing with the lost of their good friends. He wanted them to know that he was there for them if they needed someone.

Everyone there told their favorite story about Harm and Mac. Some were very touching, others were very amusing. Everyone gave thanks for having the opportunity to have known Harm and Mac.

“I think I speak for Bud when I say if it weren’t for Major MacKenzie and Commander Rabb, Bud and I wouldn’t have gotten together.” began Harriet.

“I screwed up several times. It seemed like every time we had a date something would happen to me. I wouldn’t be just a few minutes late, but hours late. It took their intervention for Harriet to forgive me.” continued Bud.

“The Major also convinced me to go ahead with marrying Bud after he spent the night in Jail. I’m so glad I did. I have a wonderful husband and a baby on the way.” chirped Harriet.

“Harriet!” “Yes Bud!” replied Harriet before they shared a kiss.

“Congratulations!” everyone yelled out.

“It figures Rabb had something to do with them getting together. He was the one who created the office discord concerning those two. It was bad enough when he fought with Mac.” whispered Mattonie to Carolyn.

“Be nice Alan. It’s a time of remembrance and good thoughts.” replied Carolyn with a smile. She had to admit Harm and Mac could create a disturbance.

“I’m glad that I had the opportunity to know them. They saved my keester a few times the last two years. Many missions and lives were saved by their actions. I hope they’re happy together in their next life.” offered Webb solemnly.

“Can’t say I miss Rabb. He was the biggest pain in the butt I ever had the opportunity to know. He created more problems and headaches ..... Mackenzie though was different. She at least was able to keep him under control. I’ll miss her good work.” moaned the SecNav.

“You just don’t like the idea that he made you look bad when his success turned out to be what was best for the Navy.” rebutted the Admiral.

“He was a bonafide American hero many times over.” declared Carolyn.

“He was an inspiration to all of us.” chipped in Bud.

They gave thanks for being there together and believing that Harm and Mac were finally happy together.

Russia

Harm and Mac told Demetri and Sasha about Thanksgiving. They agreed to celebrate the holiday with Harm and Mac. They celebrated their new found friendship and the child that Mac was carrying.

They roasted a goose and had a nice feast. Harm was please that they had found some more information about his father and that they were closer to finding out the truth about him.

Harm also was thankful for the child Mac was carrying. Sasha had told Mac it was going to be a boy, and she was never wrong. It didn’t matter to Harm as long the child was healthy.

25 December
Russian peasant farm

A month later Harm and Mac had finally reached their destination. They were directed to a small farm outside town. It had been rumored that an American soldier had been found there and taken care of many years ago.

When they got to the farm all they found was an older woman. There were no signs of anyone else. She only spoke Russian so Mac carried out the interview for Harm.

“Good afternoon Ma’am. My name is Sarah. This is my husband Harm.” began Mac pleasantly.

“Hello Sarah, my name is Katrina. Your husband looks a lot like a man I took cared of many years ago. I found him in the barn half frozen and very ill.

My brother and I took him inside the house where I nursed him back to health. It took him a long time to recover. He never told me his real name. We became very good friends. He looked after me after he got healthy.” replied Katrina.

“Where is he now?” asked Mac.

“He is dead now. He died two years later. He stayed here helping my brother and I on the farm. We became very close. He died protecting me from Russian soldiers who were trying to rape me.” continued Katrina.

Mac told Harm what Katrina had told her. This saddened Harm, but it would bring closure to him in his search for his father. He asked Mac to find out where his father was buried. He wanted to talk to him.

“Do you know where he was buried.” asked Mac.

“My brother buried him down by the river where he died.” replied Katrina.

“Can you show us.” asked Mac.

“Yes.” replied Katrina.

She led them down to the river. Katrina showed them the grave. Harm knelt down on one knee. He started talking to his father. He told him what had happen in his life. He had followed him into the navy and became a naval aviator.

His mother had eventually remarried. He later become a lawyer working in JAG. He had married the most wonderful woman in the world, Sarah MacKenzie. She was a very special lady. Someone who knew him better than he knew himself.

She was very supportive and would do anything for him. Mac would follow him all over the world to watch his six. And finally this spring she would give him a son. After Harm was done Mac went to the grave. She said a few words and promise to take care of Harm and keep him out of trouble.

Later Mac and Katrina prepared a feast to celebrate Christmas and closure for Harm in his search for his father. Demetri and Sasha joined them for Christmas dinner.

They gave thanks for the good fortunes they received during the past year, for the new baby on the way, for the new friends they made, and finally closure for Harm. They spent the week there at the farm before leaving for the eastern coast of Russia after the first of the year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Love in Russia : part 7tomboone10:44:31 07/20/08 Sun

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.