VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Love in Russia : part 7

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:44:31 07/20/08 Sun
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Love in Russia : part 1 and 2" on 19:56:34 07/17/08 Thu

part seven

JAG headquarters

All the JAG personnel gather together and went to a special Christmas day memorial service at the Hospital Chapel in Bethesda. They all lit two candles in remembrance of Harm and Mac. They still were mourning the loss of their two friends.

They missed their good friends. They only hope that Harm and Mac were in a better place. They all went over to the Admiral’s home for Christmas dinner.

Everyone brought along something with them to ease the work load of preparing food for thirty plus people. They all enjoyed the dinner with friends.

After dinner they all gathered in the living room where there was a fire blazing. They watch a slide show with pictures of Harm and Mac in various activities and took turns telling their favorite Harm or Mac story.

Bud had the most stories to tell since he had gone on many assignments with them. Harriet told everyone how Harm and Mac help Bud and her get through all their misunderstandings so that they could find love with each other and get married. Harriet also announced that they were going to have a boy.

31 Jan
a small eastern seacoast
town in Russia

The trip from Katrina’s small home took Harm and Mac nearly a month before they arrived at a small fishing village on the Eastern Coast.

They arranged for passage on a fishing trawler that was heading to Japan to sell its catch in the Japanese market. They estimated it would take two weeks to make the journey.

Harm and Mac thanked Sasha and Demetri for assisting them on their trip through Russia. They thanked them for having the time and patience in helping them find Harm’s father.

It had been a sad moment for them when they realized that Harm’s father was dead, but they hoped Harm would finally find closure and his mind would be put to peace.

After calculating how much it would cost them to get home to America Harm and Mac gave Sasha and Demetri an additional $10,000 for their time and trouble. She thanked them and invited them to come visit them in America.

13 Feb
Japan

Two weeks later Harm and Mac arrived in Japan. Since Mac was nearly seven months pregnant by this time. They arranged to be taken to the nearest city so they could take a luxury liner back to the states through Hawaii.

“Harm, don’t you think we should notify someone?” asked Mac.

“No Sarah. Anyone we should notify probably thinks we’re dead. Any contact at this time would either shock them or they would think it was a cruel hoax. There will be plenty of time to let people we love know we’re still alive when we get back to the states.” answered Harm.

“Okay Harm, If you think that’s the best thing to do.” replied Mac.

“I do. I think we should just lay back and relax. We should enjoy ourselves as much as possible. We’ll have plenty of time later to answer everyone’s questions.” responded Harm.

The last thing Harm wanted was for Mac to worry about things they couldn’t control. They had been missing for eight months, a couple of months more wouldn’t change anything back in Washington.

He figured they would arrive back home in the states in about two months. Hopefully Mac would wait until they were home before giving birth to the baby. What wonderful surprise it would be for his mother to be there for the birth of her grandchild.

15 April
Los Angeles

Two months later the luxury liner arrived in LA. They needed to decide what they were going to do next. They had three options. The first option was to fly back to Washington DC. But they ruled that out. At this late stage in Mac’s pregnancy they couldn’t fly any way.

The second option was to take a limo six hours South to his mother’s house in La Jolla outside San Diego. Mac nixed that idea. There was no was she going to sit in a car for six hours. With her luck she would go into labor on the way. She didn’t want to have her baby born in a limo on the side of the road.

The third option was to take Mac to a hospital in LA and call his mother. Option three was selected. Harm got a cab and they went to the hospital. On the way Mac’s water had broken.

After they arrived at the hospital and filled out the appropriate forms Harm asked nurse at the desk to called his parents and have them to come to the hospital. He asked the nurse to send them to the front desk and let him know when they arrive. Then to send them to the maternity ward.

Two hours later Frank and Trisha arrived at the hospital. They informed the nurse at the station who they were and asked the nurse for some information, but all the nurse would tell them was, all their questions would be answered when they got upstairs.

They went upstairs and noticed it was the maternity ward. They were quite shock. Who did they know that was pregnant or had a child who was? They were directed to room 514. They wondered what was going on?

“Do you have any idea why they would send us here Frank? Do you know anyone in LA who’s pregnant?” asked Trish curiously.

“No, I’m as much in the dark as you are honey. I think it is best we just follow the instructions that were given to us. I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.” he replied.

As they walked into the room they saw a woman who was nursing a baby. She looked familiar, but they weren’t quite sure who she was. They had only seen her once or twice before. Then they saw a tall man standing by the window. He looked very familiar.

“Oh my God, is it you Harm?” cried Trish as she ran over to him. Tears were flowing down her cheeks.

“Yes mother, it’s me.” replied Harm as he took her into his arms for a hug.

“What are you doing here? We were told you had been killed in Russia.” wailed Trish happily.

“I’m here because this is where Sarah is. And as you can see I’m not dead. It was only a bad rumor. You know I would never let you suffer like you did when dad was shot down.” Harm responded sincerely.

“Hi Mrs. Burnett.” greeted Mac.

Trisha got a little light headed and almost fainted. Frank grabbed her arm and moved her to a chair by the bed to sit down.

“Mom, I would like you to meet someone. You remember Sarah. We got married last summer in Italy before we went to Russia. She is a very special lady. She just gave birth to a baby. It’s a boy. He is your grandson, Matthew Frank Rabb.” continued Harm.

“He’s so adorable Harm. You have made us so very happy. Not only do we have you back alive, but now we have a daughter and grandson too. Thank you so very much. We had been told you were dead.” wailed Trish happily.

“I thought as much. That is why I had you come here as you did. I didn’t think you would believe it was me on the phone. I thought you would have to see my face before you would believe that I was alive. I’m happy to see you and Frank.” agreed Harm.

“We are happy to see both of you alive and to being grandparents to a wonderful little boy. Your mother hasn’t been the same since you were reported dead. She’s been suffering quite a bit. Now that you’re back everything will be alright again. Is there anything I can do for you Harm?” asked Frank.

“Yes, in fact there is one thing, could you give the Admiral a call and have him come out here. Don’t say anything to him about us. Just tell him you need to see him.” replied Harm.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Love in Russia : part 8tomboone13:27:22 07/21/08 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.