VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Love in Russia : part 8

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:27:22 07/21/08 Mon
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Love in Russia : part 1 and 2" on 19:56:34 07/17/08 Thu

part eight

16 April

Frank called the Admiral later that afternoon after visiting with Harm, Mac and the baby. The Admiral arrived at the hospital the next day. He was in a cranky mood. He didn’t care too much about flying, especially cross country.

He hated sitting in any one place for that long and also the fact that being a tall man, he didn’t have much leg room. Frank greeted him in the lobby before taking him upstairs to room 514.

“Is everything all right Frank. How is Trish?” asked a concern Admiral.

He had heard that Trish had been in poor health after hearing about Harm. He knew Trish had taken the death of Harm very hard. Trish was there to greet him, something must be wrong.

“She’s fine Admiral. Trish is doing well. We have a big surprise for you upstairs.” smiled Frank.

“What is the surprise Frank?” asked a curious Admiral.

“Be patient Admiral, you’ll find out soon enough, they wanted to surprise you.” grinned Frank.

“They?” The Admiral was more confused now. What the hell in damnation was going on? Why didn’t he just tell him?

They got off the elevator and went into room 514. The Admiral was shocked as he saw Mac lying there in bed nursing a baby and Harm sitting in a chair next to her. The Admiral just stared as he tried to find the words.

“What the h ..... ?” stuttered the Admiral.

“Hello Admiral, how are you doing Sir?” greeted Mac.

“Good afternoon Sir. It’s nice to see you again.” greeted Harm pleasantly.

“Harm, Mac, What are you two doing here? I thought you two were dead.” replied the Admiral.

“No Sir, even though that seems to be the consensus, we are very much alive. Sarah just had a baby Sir.” smiled Harm.

“How did that happen, Rabb?” asked a shocked Admiral.

“I think you know the answer to that Sir.” chuckled Harm. The questions some people ask.

“Don’t get smart me Rabb.” replied an agitated Admiral.

“It’s a long story Sir, but the short version is we got married to keep the Russian government off our sixes. Our airplane developed engine problems a few days after we left Moscow and went down. We acted on our feelings and Sarah got pregnant.” stated Harm.

“You got married? When? I can’t believe you two finally acted on your feelings. We all wondered when it would finally happen. But how come you two are still alive? You just don’t survive engine failure and explosions.” asked a confused Admiral.

“When the first engine failed I had Sarah get all our gear to the door of the plane and we put on our parachutes.” started Harm.

“I was told small airplanes like the one you were flying don’t carry parachutes.” interrupted the Admiral.

“They don’t Sir, but I’m a Naval Aviator. I feel naked without a parachute when I fly. I don’t go anywhere without one. So I made sure that we had two of them in the plane before I took off. We jumped a few minutes before the plane exploded.” continued Harm.

“I guess that why navy pilots are considered the best. They think about all the possibilities, not just about the obvious ones. So where have you been the last nine months?” asked the Admiral as he shook his head in disbelief.

“They don’t exactly have modern transportation in central Russia Sir. Also we were concerned that the plane exploding wasn’t an accident. So we tried to keep a low profile. We hooked up with a couple of gypsies. They transported us across Russia.” continued Harm.

“Did you find out anything about your father?” asked the Admiral.

“Yes Sir. He escaped from a Russian prison camp in 1980. He died several years later trying to protect the virtue of a young lady and her brother. I’ll fill you in on the particulars when we get back to JAG.” replied Harm.

“Okay then. Welcome back to world of the living.” smiled the Admiral.

“Sir, if you please. Don’t tell anybody back at JAG about us yet. We want to surprise everyone when we return home.” begged Harm.

“Okay Harm. When can I expect your return?” asked the Admiral.

“The doctor doesn’t want Sarah to travel for two weeks.” replied Harm.

“I guess that should be okay. We have gotten by without you two for this long, another two weeks shouldn’t be a problem. I will let SecNav and the CNO know that you two are alive so they can straighten out your paperwork so you can get paid.” grinned the Admiral.

Harm and Mac spent the next two weeks at his parents’ house. His mother was ecstatic. She got to spoil them both and the baby. She gave Mac pointers on how to recognize the different cries Matthew would make so she would be able to respond accordingly to his needs.

After two weeks they flew back to Washington. The Admiral had arranged for one of the marine guards to pick them up and take them to a house he had rented for them.

The next day Harm, Mac and Matthew went to JAG headquarters. The Admiral had arranged for their close friends and associates to be there. They walked into the bullpen together.

There was a hush in the office area as they all realized who had just walked into the bullpen. Finally Harriet spoke up for everyone.

“Major, Commander, you’re alive! We thought you were dead.” cried Harriet. Tears of joy began pouring down her cheeks as well as the others.

“Of course we aren’t dead Harriet. That why you can see us here in the office. I can’t imagine why people keep saying that to us.” smiled Mac as she shook her head.

“They had told us your plane had exploded and that you were dead. It’s so good to see you both again Ma’am.” cried Harriet.

“Thank you Harriet. I had heard some rumors to that effect, but as you can see we are very much alive. I keep telling you all that I’m a Marine. I know how to take care of myself. And the Commander is one of the best pilot in the Navy. He knows how to prepare for a flight.” replied Mac.

“Yes ma’am. Who is that with you?” asked Harriet curiously.

“Okay everyone, listen up. Harm and I have two announcements to make. First one; Harm and I got married last summer. Second one; We have a baby boy name Matthew Frank Rabb.” beamed Mac.

Everyone gather around Harm and Mac to express how happy they were that Harm and Mac were alive and well. They congratulated them on their marriage and birth of their son. Fifteen minutes later the Admiral came out of his office with Webb and SecNav.

He announced that he had arranged for a caterer to provide lunch for a celebration of Harm and Mac’s return to JAG. Everyone enjoyed the free lunch time celebration. Harm and Mac each took turns telling stories of their trip through Russia.

The End

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.