VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: A Night or Three to Remember : part 9

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:46:45 07/23/08 Wed
In reply to: skates 's message, "A Night or Three to Remember : part 1" on 20:00:35 07/17/08 Thu

part 9

Saturday
25 Dec 2004
The MacKenzie/Rabb Estate

Several hours later dinner was almost ready. The MacKenzie/Rabb household had double in size as their guests had begun to arrive. AJ and Sydney were the first ones to arrive. They love spending time with the girls.

They loved the girls and the girls loved them. It was like they were twenty years younger when they were with the girls. For AJ it gave him a second chance of being a father, a caregiver, something he had missed out on with his own daughter.

It gave him the opportunity to love unconditionally, something that he hadn’t been able to do for a very long time. It was something he had missed out on with his own daughter. He cherished every moment with the girls.

AJ was surprised to see Harm and his parents there. He had expected Harm to be visiting with his mother where ever the heck she lived, somewhere in California he thought. He had no idea that other than maybe a few chance meetings, that Harm even knew Sarah.

The thought did occur to him that Sarah might know that Harm would be reporting to Jag after the first of the year. Afterall she was his chief of staff. Maybe this was her way of welcoming him back into the fold of Jag.

“Welcome Sir, it’s nice of you and Sydney to join us here today. Sarah has informed me dinner will be ready in an hour. Let me take your coats Sir. Everyone is in the family room Sir.” greeted Harm as he welcomed the Admiral.

“I’m surprised to see you here Commander. I thought you would have gone home to California to visit your mother.” AJ replied gruffly.

“My mother decided to come here to Washington this year for Christmas Sir. Frank was in Europe and she wanted to spend time with me. Sarah thought she should stay here.” he replied.

This too puzzled AJ. The Commander was calling her Sarah. Everyone in the office had been instructed to call her Sarah. What was going on here? He knew one thing, he would know what it was before he left tonight.

They went into the family room where the girls were playing a game with Trish and Frank. Lizzie was sitting in Trish’s lap, a place she seemed to occupy ever since Trish arrived.

Tory saw Harm return to the room with AJ and Sydney. Her blue eyes lit up with excitement. She jumped up and went over to greet them both with a hug before turning and telling Harm.

“Hi Grampa AJ, hi Gramma Sydney. I love you. It’s your turn Daddy, Ronnie is getting impatient.”

AJ’s jaw dropped about six inches when he heard that revelation. He never knew who was the real father of Sarah’s girls. He had asked her more than once over the last five years, but she had refused to tell him who their father was.

Harm bent over and picked her up flipping her onto his shoulders eliciting a round of giggles from the seven year old. Her world had gotten so much better now that her father had come home to her and her sisters.

Now AJ understood why Harm was there. He was still shocked though. When did he and Sarah find time to have children together. They worked together on only one case. They were together only two days and one night.

Hadn’t Roberts chaperoned them on that occasion. The second possible time was when she arrived a day or two before Harm left to fly, but she had only talked to him for a few minutes in the office before he left. That was the last time he had seen Harm until two weeks ago.

“Sir, I would like you to meet my mother and Frank.” AJ heard Harm say bringing him out of his stupor.

“They’re my new grandpa and grandma.” Tory chirped while Lizzie clapped her hands in delight.

“I love grandmaw!” Lizzie added.

“Lizzie hasn’t left her for more than ten minutes since Mom arrive. She loves her grandma.” Harm smiled.

“Mom, Frank, this is the Admiral and his wife.”

“AJ and Sydney will do just fine.” AJ replied in greeting.

“It’s nice to meet you both. Tory has told us about all the nice things you have done with them.” Trish replied.

Twenty minutes later Bud and Sturgis arrived together. Harm was surprised to see them kissing when he looked out the window. But then again he wasn’t. He had never seen Sturgis with a woman. He also was a bubblehead.

There were many in the Navy who thought it took a special kind of man to be a bubblehead. Living together in close quarters on a sub wasn’t something he envied. He was a little surprised to see him with Bud.

“Come in Sturgis, Bud. Everyone is in the family room.” Harm smiled. He pulled Sturgis aside as Bud made his way to join everyone.

“So buddy, how long have you and Bud been making kissy face? I always knew you were strange, but I never expected anything like you and Bud together.” he winked.

“About two years now Harm. I took an interest in his career. I helped him get in shape. Pushed him to better himself. I showed him I cared. It wasn’t long after that we began sharing your old apartment.

Then one day it happened. We made love. It’s been great ever since. I hope you won’t say anything to the Admiral Harm. We like working together and would like to stay in the Navy.” Sturgis explained.

“It’s not up to me Sturgis. I suggest though you don’t do what I just saw in public where you can be seen by the Admiral. He would have to do something about it.” Harm replied.

“Thank you Harm. We just got carried away. Christmas with friends is kind of special when you don’t have a family.” Sturgis smiled.

It wasn’t long before everyone was sitting down to dinner. Harm and Sarah were sitting at the ends of the table. Tory and Ronnie were sitting next to Harm at one end of the table. Bud was next to Tory.

Frank and Trish came next with Lizzie in between Trish and Sarah. She wanted to be near her grandmother, her new best friend, and Sarah. She was still momma’s baby girl. On the other side Chloe was sitting next to Sarah.

That left AJ, Sydney, Carolyn, and Sturgis sitting between Ronnie and Chloe. Harm smiled across the table to Sarah. In all the years he had spent on an aircraft carrier, he had dreamt about one day having a family gathering like the one he had today.

He was going to have to give Sarah a very special Christmas gift tonight. He would make passionate love to her in a very special way to let her know how much he appreciated the life she was offering him.

Harm carved the twenty five pound turkey like a surgeon. Serving the ladies, then the girls first. Everyone helped themselves to some mashed potatoes, butternut squash, turnips, baby snow shoed peas, pearl onions, and finally cranberry sauce.

Everyone laughed and talked as they enjoyed each other’s company while they ate. No one left the table with an appetite that wasn’t sated. They all retired to the family room for some coffee and eggnog. There was no booze allowed.

While the adults were relaxing and digesting their dinner. The girls opened the last of their presents. There were also presents under the tree for AJ, Sydney, Bud, Sturgis, Carolyn, Trish and Frank.

Trish and Frank were a bit surprise until Harm told them that he had gotten them presents. He had expected to spend time with Trish this Christmas. But later he took the girls shopping for presents for their grandmother and grandfather.

They didn’t realize the presents were for their new grandparents. The only thing they knew and cared about was, they were doing it with their father. That was all that matter.

“Sarah, you didn’t have to give us anything. The girls are the best presents we could have ever gotten. And that you and Harm are together.” Trish smiled happily. Lizzie was cuddled up in her arms asleep.

“I didn’t do anything Trish. Harm and the girls did everything. As you can see they love you. They want you in their lives.” she replied.

“I want to thank you Sarah. When I got Trish’s phone call last night, I was a little annoyed. The thought of flying back here last night wasn’t very pleasant. But I’m glad I did now. You have made this the best Christmas for Trish and me.

I can’t thank you enough for welcoming us into your family as you have done. We love you and the girls. And we hope to spend time getting to know them better and being a part of their lives as they grow.” added Frank with sincere appreciation.

“Thank you Frank. I’m so happy that you both were able to spend Christmas with us. This has been very special Christmas for us too. First Harm, the girls’ father, came home to us. They have wanted a father for a long time.

They have been so happy since he came home. As you can tell they love you both, especially Lizzie. She doesn’t want you to ever leave Trish.” Sarah chuckled, she had a tear threatening to slide down her cheek.

Trish glanced at her gifts. They were portraits of the girls separately, the girls together, the girls with Harm, and the girls with Harm and Sarah as a family. She was so happy.

There were gifts there for AJ, Sydney, Bud, Carolyn, and Sturgis. They were like family to the girls. They were always excited when anyone of them came to visit. It meant loads of fun for the girls.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
A Night or Three to Remember : part 10skates12:54:17 07/24/08 Thu

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.