VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: What Do You Want to Know : part six

Author:
rooster
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:38:21 05/16/08 Fri
In reply to: rooster 's message, "What Do You Want to Know : part five" on 17:19:25 05/14/08 Wed

part six

Question twenty: “For five points, Sarah, what was the worse day or night of your life?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

“Wow! What a question? There have been so many. For a long time it was the day Harm said goodbye and returned to flying. I thought I was going to die. Once again someone I love was leaving.

Once again I felt like I was being abandon. I threw myself into my work. The day I went out to see Harm after the shooting of the Russian transport finally alleviated five months worth of pain. The week we spent together was a Godsend.

Though I was disappointed to lose the case, I felt alive again. The playful banter was better than ever. It was so nice to see him so happy, yet at the same time I could tell he missed me as much as I missed him.” sighed Sarah.

“It wasn’t exactly easy for me to leave either. I had been at JAG for four years. I had a lot of friends I was saying goodbye to. A lot of good friends I missed greatly.” added Harm.

“We all thought you weren’t coming back Sir.” replied Bud.

“We all missed you too.” added Harriet.

“Several months later though was worse. We were in Australia. We were having a nice evening when I asked Harm about starting a relationship. When he rejected me I was devastated.

It took every ounce of strength I possessed not to fall apart in front of him. I cried myself to sleep that night and many nights there after.” wailed Sarah.

“I’m sorry Sarah. I thought you understood that I wasn’t ready yet. I was still dealing with losing my dad, not flying anymore, fitting back in back at JAG, and you had been giving me the cold shoulder for months.” replied Harm.

“You mean to tell us that four years ago you asked Harm to be a couple?” asked Harriet.

“And here we were wondering why you two couldn’t see what we saw.” added Carolyn shaking her head in disbelief.

“Why do you think I went to Russia with Harm, Harriet? I wanted to be with him. I didn’t care where it was. At the time I didn’t want live without him in my life. I knew that if I didn’t go with him, I might never see him again.” replied Sarah shaking her head. How stupid were these people.

“I don’t think I would have made it without Sarah. Mikhail and Sokol were playing a game and I was their pawn. It was because of Sarah I found out about my father.” added Harm.

“Sounds like true love Ma’am.” doted Jennifer.

“I’m confused AJ, what’s this thing about Russia and Australia?” asked Meredith.

“Later dear when we get home. It’s very complicated. I’m not sure if anyone really knows the whole story about their trip to Russia or Australia.” replied the Admiral.

“But as bad as those nights were, they weren’t the worse.” wailed Sarah.

“What could possibly be worse Ma’am?” asked a shocked Jennifer.

At that point anyone who was at the rehearsal party knew the answer. It had to be the night Harm crashed into the Atlantic on the way home for Sarah’s wedding.

“I think most of you already know the answer, but for those of you who don’t know, it was the night before I was going to marry Mic.

Harm had gone to the Patrick Henry for his Quals. Most of you were at the rehearsal dinner. The weather had taken a turn for the worse. It was raining very hard with no signs of letting up.

Bud had just finished making a toast. The Admiral received a phone call. He told us Harm’s plane had gone down at sea. They had a search and rescue going.” sighed Sarah as she let out a sob.

Her eyes were beginning to tear up as she remembered that night and all the emotions it entailed. Harm put his arm around her to pull her tight as she continued.

“An hour later we heard Captain Ingles say they had rescued Skates, but were calling off the search for Harm as the weather had become too dangerous. There wasn’t anything I could do.

My heart was breaking. I ran out of the room and began crying. I felt that my world had fallen apart and been destroyed. How was I going to live without him?” wailed Sarah as she put her head into Harm’s chest and sobbed for a few minutes.

Harm rubbed her back. They really never talked about that night. He had never realized how devastated she had been.

“Maybe that’s why she was able to locate me in one of her visions. It had been the thoughts of getting back to her that had kept me alive.” replied Harm earnestly.

“Wow! That’s an unbelievable story buddy. I had a feeling that you two were connected, but I never would have thought that.” smile Jack wishing he had someone in his life like Sarah.

“Well I’ve always told Sarah I know where she is. I guess this time she proved that she knows where I am too.” grinned Harm as he continued to soothed Sarah. Everyone had a tear in their eye.

They were all beginning to realized how much the two of them had been through to be together. No wonder why no one was able to come between them. They were connected in mind, body, and spirit.

“So who had the right answer?” bellowed the Admiral.

“Nearly everyone who was in our lives back then. Bud, Harriet, Webb, Jason, Gunny, and the Admiral.” replied Harm.

Question twenty one: “For five points, Harm, what was the worse day or night of your life?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

“I’ve had several days I would like to forget. Probably the first was when Sarah and I were in Russia. The day I found out my father died in 1982 defending the honor of a Russian woman.

A part of my life came to an end that day. My whole life up to that point revolved around finding my father. It defined who I was. I was lost and didn’t know what to do. Fortunately I had Sarah around to keep me sane.

I also had to admit the night I crash coming back for Sarah’s wedding wasn’t one of my finest moments either. I knew I had to be there for her. When I crash I thought I lost my chance.

What I have not told anyone including Sarah, I was coming back that night to beg her not to marry Bugme. I wanted her to give us a chance. It was the reason I told her to ‘Come to Me’ when Bugme finally left.

I was ready to commit to her. I wanted her in my life forever. I wanted her to have my children. I would have done anything to stop her from marrying Bugme.

But as painful as that time was for me there were two days that were worse. The first one was when she showed up to the airport with Bugme’s ring.

The most painful day was when I found out she had moved the ring to her other hand. My heart broke that day. I thought I was going to die. I couldn’t really blame her, I was going to leave and go to Chechnya to find Sergei.

I knew then I had to change my approach with her. I had to become her best friend again. I had to make her want to be with me rather than Bugme. I had always assumed she would eventually get tired of Bugme and send him packing.

But she never did. That’s why when the opportunity arose at her engagement party I took the initiative and told her how I felt. I thought I had her convinced after the kiss, but I guess I was wrong.” sighed Harm.

“You weren’t wrong Harm. You reawaken all the feelings I was trying to buried. I tried to tell you it should have been our engagement party. All you had to do was say ‘I love you Sarah, don’t marry Mic, please be mine’.

I waited for you to say it over the next two weeks. It’s the reason I was so upset with you for leaving to do your Quals. I wanted you to stop me from marrying Mic.

When you went to do your Quals, I thought any chances of not marrying Mic were gone. I don’t know if I could have walked away from him.” wailed Sarah.

“I knew you were upset Ma’am. When I was helping you with your gown, you did seem to be preoccupied with the Commander, but I thought you were still happy to be marrying Commander Brumby.” chirped Harriet a bit confused.

“Enough already, that’s ancient history, it’s best forgotten. This is suppose to be a party not a cry fest. Who had the right answer?” bellowed the Admiral.

“Webb and the Admiral.” laughed Harm.

Question twenty two: “For five points, How many countries have you two visited together?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

“Once again we have an interesting range of answers from a low of three by Harriet to twelve by the Admiral. The official answer is fifteen as representatives of the military and another seven while sight seeing.

Columbia, Panama, Italy, England, Northern Ireland, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia are places we have gone to on official investigations.

But while we were in Europe Harm and I did get away for a few days to sight see in France, Spain, and Portugal. Another time we visited Belgium, Luxemburg, Romania, and Denmark.

And then there are some places where Harm went like Peru, China, and Viet Nam. I have been to Indonesia and all of the former Yugoslavia republics. The Admiral is the winner of this question.

Question twenty three: “For five points, Can you two really communicate with each other with just a look?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

Harm and Sarah laughed at this question. There were times that they seemed to communicate without talking particularly when they were dealing with senior combat officers, but in reality it all depended upon the subject matter that was being discuss.

They had been together for seven years now. They even joked among themselves that the other knew them better than they knew themselves. There weren’t many things that they didn’t talk about, except you know.

They always kept current with what was happening in and around Washington. Because they were in the military they kept an eye on the trouble spots in the world. And since they enjoyed their friends, they tried to keep current with what was happening in their lives.

Over the years because they were together so much while they were conducting their investigation they talked. They talked about everything. Because of all of these conversations they knew a lot about each other and how the other thought.

That was actually one of the reasons they sometimes appear to be communicating without talking. It wasn’t so much as they were communicating with each other, but checking to see who should do the talking for them.

“So what’s the story buddy? Do the two of you communicate without talking? Can you really carry on a conversation with different looks?” Jack asked with a smile.

“I don’t know Jack. I don’t know if that is even possible. Though I do believe one can read another person’s body language and expression to have an idea of what’s going on or what they are thinking. I have actually taken a class in observing behavior and facial expressions in one of my law classes.

It’s helped me out quite a bit when conducting interviews with witnesses and in the courtroom. I usually can tell whether or not they’re lying or hiding something.

As for Sarah, it’s not really hard to know what she’s feeling. She is very expressive with her body language and facial expression. But I’m sure most of you that have been together with someone for many years are more than capable of doing the same.

I’ve seen how Bud reacts to Harriet. Depending on the look and her gait, Bud knows whether to be affectionate or run and hide.” smiled Harm as everyone laughed.

“But to be honest with you I think what you see is our reaction to something being said, which conveys to the other how we feel. The other may respond to seeing how one feels with either agreement, understanding, or disproval.” finished Harm.

“Also because we know each other so well we know how we are going to follow up in oral conversation when the time comes. We pretty much know what the other is going to say, so when we converse in a certain way it’s for impact, that is we know what we’re talking about and are in total agreement.” smiled Sarah.

“I think you all got this question right even Harriet.” grinned Harm.

Question twenty four: “For five points, Can the Colonel really kick your six Commander?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

Harm had to laugh at this question. It was common knowledge among those at JAG that it was Harm’s respect for Sarah that allowed her to keep him in line. Also the fact that she could kick his six didn’t hurt either.

“Are you people trying to get me in trouble with Sarah? Who thought this question up anyway?” asked Harm shaking his head.

“I did Sir. We all know you joke around about the Colonel kicking your six, but is really true? Is it really possible? Can she kick your six?” asked Gunny as he spoke up.

“Well I would think the answer would be obvious to everybody, even Harriet. Sarah, stand beside me. I want you all to pay close attention. I’m sure you all can see the difference in size between us.

I’m six foot four, two hundred and ten pounds. Sarah is five foot nine and only one hundred and thirty pounds. I’m seven inches and eighty pounds heavier than she is. Do any of you honestly think she could really hurt me or kick my six?” smiled Harm.

Sarah whacked on his arm after that crack. Harm smiled and showed no inclination that her punch hurt him in the least.

“Come on Rabb, I’ve seen her take out a few men on board that ship when we rescued Josh Pendry.” argued the Admiral.

“And didn’t she beat up that Russia lieutenant during the war games while you were on their ship with Bud?” added Harriet.

“She told me while she was on the Seahawk that she teaches kick boxing at the YWCA.” smiled Jennifer.

“While I’m sure she could probably take Bud, Jason, Webb, Sturgis and even Gunny without too much problem she still isn’t any match for me. Though I think she would give the Admiral a run for his money.” smiled Harm.

“What! I’m a former navy seal.” yelled a shocked Admiral.

“But honey, you’re not as young as you use to be.” consoled Meredith.

“Ouch! That hurts.” laughed Webb as he high five Jack.

“Well he is over fifty five.” offered Jason.

“Tiner!” bellowed the Admiral.

“Sorry Sir.” winced Jason.

“Just what makes you think you could beat me Rabb?” bellowed the Admiral.

“With all due respect Sir, you might have stood a chance if you were in your prime, but I’m sorry Sir, that was a long time ago.

Sarah and I train together a lot when we’re away on assignment. Sarah likes to practice her kickboxing. We usually start with the heavy bag. Sarah has quick hands and nice moves with her kicks.

But she lacks the power I throw behind my punches and kicks. After working on the heavy bag, we spar for thirty minutes. I usually take the defensive position and let her practice her moves. I can usually block most of her kicks.

We also work on her defense too, but I usually pull my punches with her. Wouldn’t be good for her reputation as a kick ass marine if she walked in bruised.” smiled Harm.

“Is he feeding us a line Ma’am? asked Jennifer.

“If you have ever seen him hit the heavy bag, you wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end. I also agree Sir, that if you and Harm squared away in a fight he would hurt you pretty bad.

He has too much power and speed for you Sir. As for whether I could beat him? No, I can’t, but he does let me beat up on him when he hasn’t been very nice to me.” smiled Sarah.

“So who got the answer wrong?” asked Jack laughing.

“What? I thought we were looking for who got it right.” asked Harriet a bit confused.

“We are, but I’m sure most people would pick Harm in a fight.” agreed Sturgis.

“Only two people thought Sarah could take me, Harriet and the Admiral.” answered Harm shaking his head.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
What Do You Want to Know : part sevenrooster16:12:22 05/17/08 Sat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.