VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: What Do You Want to Know : part seven

Author:
rooster
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:12:22 05/17/08 Sat
In reply to: rooster 's message, "What Do You Want to Know : part six" on 14:38:21 05/16/08 Fri

part seven

Question twenty five: “For five points, Commander, did you really make a promise to go halves with the Colonel on a kid?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

“How do they know about that Sarah? I thought only you and I knew about our baby deal?” asked a surprised Harm.

“I let it slip to Sturgis a while back. You were away investigating an accident on the Seahawk for a couple of weeks.

Sturgis was in my office going over a case with me. I guess I had zoned out thinking about you. He asked me what I was thinking about. I mention something about missing you. One thing led to another.” shrugged Sarah

“You two have a baby deal?” asked a shocked Meredith.

“Ha, ha, ha, way to go buddy. I knew you had it in you.” laughed Jack slapping Sturgis on the back.

“I guess he’s not as dense as we all thought.” grinned Webb.

“I wonder what amazing story they have this time. This should be interesting.” smiled Carolyn.

“It all depends upon your point of view. At the time I thought my life was going up in flames.” replied Sarah.

“I don’t understand?” asked Meredith.

“My father had just died, I saw my mother for the first time in seventeen years, I was nearly killed by a lunatic on the Watertown, my little sister Chloe was leaving to live with her grandparents, and Harm was leaving to return to flying.

To say I wasn’t happy was an understatement. The only good thing to happen back then was watching Harriet give birth to little Aj in the Admiral’s office. It gave me such a warm fuzzy feeling, but it also made me very sad.” explained Sarah.

“Because you wanted a family and the man you loved was leaving?” asked Jennifer.

“Yes, after spending the last couple of months as Chloe’s big sister, I knew I wanted a child of my own. Seeing little Aj being born only intensified that desire.” replied Sarah.

“But Harm was the only person you wanted to have a child with.” offered Carolyn as all the women there began to sympathized with her.

“Yes, and somehow I think Harm was aware of what I was thinking about. You know ‘the communicating with a look’ and my body language. We were outside watching the ambulance drive away. I mention that my biological clock was kicking in and I kept on hitting the snooze button.

He took one look at me and said ‘if neither of us are involved in a relationship in five years, we go halves on a kid.’ I said ‘you and me’ as I looked at him in disbelief.” continued Sarah.

“A boy with your looks and my brains.” smiled Harm as he remembered that day.

“I offered what is she has your looks and my brains?” continued Sarah looking adoringly at Harm now.

“I said that would work too.” grinned Harm.

“But why did you decide to wait five years Sir?” asked Jason.

“I was returning to a carrier to fly tomcats. Since I was only thirty five at the time, I figured I still had at least five years of flying left.

The thing is I didn’t want to leave behind a wife and child if I was killed flying. It devastated my mother for years. I grew up without a father, hating the fact he wasn’t there for me and my mother.

I hated my stepfather even though he was very good to my mother and helped me as much as he could. It took a long time to get over the hate and let someone be close to me again.

It’s the main reason why I couldn’t commit to Sarah for so many years. I didn’t want her to suffer like my mother did. I figured she could find someone better than me.

And if she didn’t and was still available five years later, I would be ready to settle down and start a family. Unfortunately the CAG saw it differently.

Even though I was still one of the best aviators in the fleet and had a good head on my shoulders, I hadn’t flown enough sorties. And after he saw me beat Sarah in the courtroom after being out of the courtroom for six month.

He thought it best that I return to JAG where I had a future. The funny thing is even though I love being a lawyer, it still doesn’t beat flying tomcats. But then again while I was flying tomcats, I didn’t have Sarah MacKenzie.” smiled Harm.

“So that was ..... what four years ago Commander?” asked the Admiral.

“Yes Sir. And before you asked the five year baby deal is still on.” grinned Harm.

“And we will be married if the deal does go through.” added Sarah.

Everyone was excited to hear that piece of news as they now began to wonder if they were officially a couple, were they engaged?

“By the way Rabb, did anyone guess this one right?” asked Webb.

“Three people guess it right, Bud, Jack, and Sturgis.” smiled Harm

Question twenty six: “For five points, How many gowns do you own?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them. Harm and Sarah shook their heads at this question.

“Why would anyone want to know how many gowns Sarah has?” asked Harm a bit confused.

“That’s my question Sir. I don’t even think I’ve seen her wear the same gown twice in the same year and I know she goes to a lot of social events each year.” chirped Harriet.

“With all the social events going on in Washington we go out formally at least once a month. I can’t obviously be seen wearing the same gown more than once a year, it wouldn’t be proper.” replied Sarah.

“That why she has over twenty five gowns.” grinned Harm.

“What! You have over twenty five gowns, I’m lucky if I have three.” moaned Harriet.

“I have a lot more than three, but no where near twenty five.” added Carolyn.

“How did you come to have so many?” asked Meredith.

“I didn’t know I had so many, but I honestly could use a few more.” smiled Sarah.

“What! How’s that possible Ma’am?” asked Jennifer.

“Different events require a different kind of gowns. Some require the right color or style. Of course you have to account for the time of year. And then there’s the shoes.” smiled Sarah.

“Yes Ma’am, we all know what you mean about the shoes.” agreed Jennifer.

“What! Did I miss something?” asked a confused Jack.

“No buddy, it’s a woman thing. They seem to need a different pair of shoes for each outfit.” smiled Harm.

“Well you know what I’ve always said flyboy.” responded Sarah with a twinkle in her eyes.

“What I need is a good man, a good career, and lots and lots of comfortable ..... ” replied Harm before all the ladies yelled

“Shoes!”

Sarah smiled before continuing “But to answer your question, I arrived here in Washington with about five gowns. I soon realized I would need more. So each year I’ve bought another gown. That brings the total to twelve.

Harm has bought me five gowns, so that’s seventeen.” continued Sarah.

“It’s a compromise. I have to buy her one new gown for every two or three times I take her to a formal event. That’s because I only had to buy a couple sets of dress uniforms.” added Harm before anyone had the chance to ask.

“I think it’s a small price for him to have me on his arm at all those social events.” smiled Sarah.

“Then there is Mr. Webb. The price of cleaning up one of his messes is one gown. If I get hurt, he owes me two more.” grinned Sarah.

“I’ve had to buy her five gowns.” moaned Webb.

“Of course when I was dating Dalton he bought me four gowns. He could afford the best and he was always taking me somewhere nice. I even got Mic to buy me one.” continued Sarah.

“Wow! That’s truly amazing Ma’am.” exclaimed Jennifer.

“Hymm ..... you appear to be about my size.” pondered Carolyn.

The Admiral just shook his head in amazement. He never realized how little he really knew about Harm and Sarah. Their private social life was more involved and special then he ever imagined.

He was beginning to wonder why everyone thought they didn’t have a clue about how the other felt. He was beginning to get the impression that it was everyone else who were clueless.

“So who had the right answer Ma’am?” asked Harriet.

“It seems most of you thought I had between five and eight. Jen guess the most, twelve.” replied Sarah.

“You’ve only know her a few months, how’s it possible that you guess the closest?” asked Bobbie.

“Like I said before, I grew up outside DC. I know there are many important social events in the city. The Colonel is a very beautiful woman. It only makes sense that she would have more than a few gowns.” replied Jennifer.

Question twenty seven: “For five points, When are you going to propose to Sarah, Harm?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

“What makes you think I haven’t already asked Sarah to marry me?” declared Harm.

“You have Sir, that’s wonderful!” beamed Harriet.

“Honey, the Commander didn’t actually say that he had. He’s only challenging your preconceptions dear.” replied Bud.

“Is that how everyone feels?” asked Harm with a smile.

“Yes Sir. You two look so perfect together, especially when you both gaze at each other. You both are very special people who deserve to be together.

You both were very instrumental in turning my life around. I was pretty down on myself until that Christmas I spent with you. Chloe told me all about how the both of you had overcome adversity.

When I compared what the two of you have overcome, my problems didn’t seem so big, I knew I could overcome mine too. It has been an honor to work for you.” smiled Jennifer.

“I agree Sir, I have never seen two people who belong together as much as you two. The office isn’t the same when either one of you is away or when you were with other people.” offered Jason.

“She’s followed you to Russia twice and you went out to the Indian Ocean for her. If that isn’t true love, what is.” smiled Carolyn dreamily.

“I think you both know how we feel Sir. You were our best man, maid of honor, godparents to little Aj, and baby Sarah. You are my mentors. We can only hope that someday you will be as happy together as we are.” added Bud.

Everyone there added to the list of why they thought Harm and Sarah should be together. Everyone there told an anecdote about how Harm and Sarah either did something for them or how they made their life better.

For Jack it was being rescued from Cuba and Iran. For Webb it was all the assistance they provided him on his missions and rescuing him in Columbia. For Sturgis it was for helping him fit into the JAG family and introducing him to Bobbie.

Meredith thanked them for introducing her to the Admiral and a special family of friends. Gunny thanked them for getting him a job at JAG where he was able to utilize his leadership and investigating skills he developed as a sheriff and as a marine.

“To say we’re a little shock at such wonderful complements is an understatement. I know it’s cliche to say we were only doing our job, but you all have made it so easy to be there for all of you when you needed us.

We have enjoyed working here with everyone. You are all our friends and we hope you will be for a long time to come.” smiled Sarah as she turned to whisper something to Harm.

She reached under her blouse she was wearing and pulled out her dog tags. Harm took the ring off the chain and placed it on her finger. They turned to face everyone.

“We were going to wait to tell you all until after we had set a date, but seeing that all our friends are here, and hearing all the wonderful things you all have had to say today, we have decide to tell you that I have asked Sarah to marry me.” smiled Harm.

“And I have accepted.” added Sarah as she showed off her ring for everyone to see.

“When did he asked you Ma’am?” asked Harriet excitedly.

“Last Thanksgiving at his grandmother’s farm. His parents were there too.” replied Sarah.

“Did anyone guess it right?” asked Webb. He figured he might have a chance if no one guess before labor day this year.

“Actually someone did guess within a day. I suppose that means he should get ten points.” smiled Sarah happily.

“What! How’s that possible! Rabb, you told me I would be the first to know.” bellowed the Admiral.

“Well Sir, we actually didn’t tell anyone, but I will admit I did confirm it Sir.” replied Harm.

“Who guess it right Sir?” asked a stunned Harriet.

“Jack.” answered Sarah smiling.

“What! How did you know buddy?” asked a puzzled Sturgis.

“I have connections old, old, old buddy. After all I was Harm’s roommate for four years at the academy. He did rescued me twice. And besides I keep in touch with his mother. I talked to her at Christmas. She told me all about how beautiful Harm’s proposal was.” grinned Jack.

“Sarah, you have tell us how he proposed to you.” demanded Carolyn.

“I will Carolyn, but not right now. I don’t think it’s something the men really want to hear.” smiled Sarah coyly.

Question twenty eight: “For five points, When are you getting married?” read Sarah. After everyone gave their answers Harm and Sarah looked closely at them.

“Why do you want to know? Are you afraid that we won’t invite you? You are all our friends. We would never think about not having any of you there.”

Results of the Harm and Sarah Quiz

Jack 55 points Carolyn 25 points
Bud 50 points Harriet 10 points
Sturgis 25 points Bobbie 10 points
Webb 40 points Singer 15 points
AJ 25 points Meredith 10 points
Jason 20 points Jennifer 25 points
Gunny 25 points

“This has been a truly an amazing experience.” commented Harm.

“After all the comments and innuendo that has transpired here at JAG over the last seven years, it’s amazing how little most of you know about us.” continued Sarah.

“I think it’s amazing that the men knew us better then the ladies.” smirked Harm as he high five Jack and Sturgis while Bud slapped at open air.

Jason and Gunny also exchanged high fives before Jason shared a kiss with Jennifer.

“I’m surprise that Jen and Carolyn beat out all the other ladies. We’ve only know Jen for a short time and Carolyn has been away for the last three years.” smiled Harm.

“Yeah, but what’s really surprising is that Bud out scored Harriet fifty to ten.” laughed Webb.

“Well he’s spent more time with them then I did.” whined Harriet.

“I think he just respects the privacy of superior officers Harriet.” replied Sturgis.

“So who won the big prized buddy?” asked Jack. He was sure he was in the running for it. He got a lot of the questions right or should he say, more right.

“Yeah Harm, don’t keep us in suspense.” laughed Webb.

“The winner was the person who has seen us together the least. And considering he has only seen Harm twice in the last eight years and only seen me once. I guess we must have made a great impression on him.” smiled Sarah seductively.

“Yeah, that was a couple of great nights in the desert. I still don’t understand why you chose him and not me.” laughed Jack.

“Ah, let’s see. He’s taller, he’s prettier, and he takes care of me.” smiled Sarah coyly.

“Ooh ......!” everyone cooed.

“So who was the winner Harm?” asked Webb.

“Jack, with fifty five points. Bud was second with fifty points, and Webb was third with forty points.” chirped out Harm.

“Carolyn and Jen shared the top spot for the women with twenty five points.” smiled Sarah.

“I hope you all have had fun today. Harm and I have enjoyed answering all your questions, but now it’s time to leave. Tomorrow is a busy day.” smiled Sarah.

“Hey! Wait up a minute. You never said what day you were getting married. I need advance warning so I can clear my social calendar.” yelled out Jack.

“We don’t have a day picked out yet. We are trying for a Sunday in September after Labor Day. We’re trying to work out the arrangements with the Naval Academy Chapel at Annapolis. It will be a dress white affair.” smiled Sarah.

“You better be there Jack. You’re my best man.” smiled Harm.

“Yes Sir buddy. You can count on me.” replied Jack as he shook Harm’s hand.

The End

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.