VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: When First We Meet : part 3 & 4

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:14:36 05/23/08 Fri

Summary: Harm and Mac get trapped in a lie. Can they survive the consequences?
Disclaimer: see part 1

Feedback is greatly welcome

part 3 Where did you meet your sailor

After driving for a couple hours more they came to an old billboard. They stopped and got out. There wasn’t much to see. The town that had been there when Sarah was growing up was deserted and in ruins.

“There use to be a small town here when I was growing up. Over there is Red Rock Mesa. Uncle Matt is probably up there.” Sarah said while pointing to Red Rock Mesa.

“It’s beautiful here Sarah. How come you used to come here?” asked Harm.

“Uncle Matt used to take me hunting for dinosaur tracks. We would find a few. We would make up stories about what they were doing. How are we going to get up there Harm?” asked Sarah.

“We could signal him with the headlights of the truck.” replied Harm.

“How are you going to do that?” asked Sarah.

“Morse Code, Sarah. You flash the lights long and short for dots and dashes.” smiled Harm.

“Good thinking there flyboy.” as Sarah gave him a small smile.

After they tried signaling her uncle off and on for thirty minutes they stopped. They didn’t want to kill the battery. They talked for another hour waiting for a response from her uncle, but none came.

It was getting pretty late and Sarah was getting sleepy. Harm notice that she was beginning to nod off.

“Why don’t you go inside and get some sleep. I don’t think your uncle is coming tonight.” suggested Harm.

“What are you going to do?” asked Sarah.

“I’ll grab a blanket and sleep out here under the stars.” replied Harm. He didn’t know how comfortable she would be sleeping that close to him.

“Don’t be silly Harm. It gets pretty cold out in the desert at night. Besides there’s enough room inside the bed of the truck for two people as long as you stay on your side of the bed.” smiled Sarah.

“Ok Sarah. I’ll come inside and sleep since it’s okay with you.” responded Harm.

“Anyway if Uncle Matt does happen to decide to come and visit us during the night your plan would be more believable, the one about you being my boyfriend, if he sees you sleeping inside with me. If you’re sleeping outside he probably won’t believe you’re my boyfriend.” replied Sarah.

She liked the idea of sleeping next to Harm. Maybe, just maybe if she wish real hard, her dreams might come true. It didn’t take long before Sarah fell asleep. She dreamt about Harm. She dreamt that they dated and fell in love. They got married and had a couple of kids.

It took Harm a little longer to fall asleep. He couldn’t help looking at Sarah sleeping there beside him. She reminded him so much of Diane, but he knew she wasn’t her. He knew one thing though, he could easily fall in love with her if she gave him half the chance.

When Harm finally fell asleep he had the first pleasant dream since before Diane was killed. He fell asleep with a smile on his face. He dreamt of making love to Sarah, to falling in love, and getting married.

Harm and Sarah woke up the next morning to the sound of someone banging on the window of the truck. Sometime during the night Sarah had rolled over and was now lying with her head and arm on Harm’s chest.

Harm’s arms were wrapped around her. Harm smiled at her when he saw her lying there looking up at him. Sarah realizing where she was and blushed. She was slightly embarrassed to find herself in his arms and her head on his chest. She gave him a small rap as she got up off him.

“Couldn’t keep your hands off me flyboy?” joked Sarah as she got up.

“What are you talking about. You’re the one who rolled over on top of me and took advantage of my good nature.” replied Harm as he took a hold one of her hands.

“Yeah right. In your dreams flyboy. We both know you pulled me over on top of you. After all you are a squid.” laughed Sarah.

“You’re a funny girl marine.” replied Harm as he let go of her.

“Yep, that’s me, a funny girl. Time to get up flyboy. We have company.” ordered Sarah.

They got up and got out of the truck. They saw her uncle and a few of his men. He was surprise to see her there. The last thing he had heard she was in L.A. Mac went over to give him a hug.

“Sarah, what are you doing here?” asked her uncle.

“We were on a camping trip. When I heard about you on the radio. I thought I would come and visit you.” replied Sarah.

“Who’s your friend Sarah?” asked her uncle.

“He’s my boyfriend, Harmon Rabb.” smiled Sarah as she wrapped her arm around Harm’s arm and gave her uncle a big happy smile.

“Harmon Rabb, what is it that you do?” asked her uncle as he shook Harm’s hand.

“I’m a commander in the navy Sir. I’m a lawyer like Sarah.” replied Harm with a smile.

“A squid Sarah? I thought I taught you better then that. Where did you meet your sailor Sarah?” asked her uncle smiling. He couldn’t blame her.

He could see that Harm must be someone very special. He was quite tall and good looking. He knew Sarah didn’t trust too many men after being abused by her father growing up. She was absolutely glowing right now.

“I met him in a rose garden Uncle Matt.” replied Sarah.

She had shared her dream of meeting the man she was going to marry with her uncle many times. He knew the significance of where she met Harm.

“Hymmmm ..... Let’s go Sarah. We’ll talk about it later.” said an interested looking uncle.

Before Uncle Matt got into the helicopter he turned to one of the men. He told him to take the truck into town and get Father O’Malley. The helicopter then flew them all to the top of Red Rock Mesa.

Uncle Matt talked with Harm and Sarah for a while before going off to tend to some business. An hour later he returned with a sheet of paper. He had Harm and Sarah fill it out. Twenty minutes later he returned with another man.

“What are you really doing here Sarah?” asked her uncle.

“What do you mean Uncle Matt? I told you, we are on vacation. I was camping with my boyfriend when we heard about you. I figured that you would be here. So I decided to come see you and introduce you to my boyfriend. You are the only family I have.” replied Sarah sadly.

Her mother had abandoned her when she was fifteen. She had gotten away from her abusive father as soon as she was able two years later.

Uncle Matt turned around and asked “Is that right Commander?”

“Yes Sir. I love your niece.” replied Harm with a smile that lit up the sky.

He felt a little uneasy inside with this lie they were pushing on Sarah’s uncle. Harm was afraid it would blow up in their faces if her uncle didn’t believe them.

“Then you don’t mind then that Father O’Malley marries the two of you today.” asked her uncle.

“In my day a man didn’t sleep with a woman unless they were married. The position I saw you two in this morning ..... well let’s just say Commander you need to do the honorable thing. And I won’t take no for an answer. Have I made myself clear Commander?”

“Yes Sir.” replied Harm as his knees shook.

Harm looked stunned. What was he going to do? He looked over at Sarah. She gave him a look that said ‘Do you know what you’re doing? Are you crazy? You don’t have to do this.’ He looked back at her saying ‘It’s okay Sarah.’

Now it was Uncle Matt’s turned to look stun. It looked to him like they were carrying on a conversation between them, but neither one of them was saying a word. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe they really were in love with each other.

He thought with the pressure of getting married they would cave and tell him why they were really there. But maybe this was what true love was all about. It had been a long time since he’d seen this kind of love, his Besty who died fifteen years ago.

“Could you excuse us for a moment Uncle Matt. I need to talk to Harmon.” asked Sarah.

“Okay Sarah. I’ll give you fifteen minutes to talk with him before I return.” replied her uncle.

Uncle Matt and Father O’Malley left Harm and Sarah alone to talk. They had never seen anything like it before. The nonverbal communication was something to behold. They went out and got a cup of coffee. After they left Sarah turned and looked at Harm.

“Are you sure you know what you’re doing Harm? You can say no if you want. I’m sure he won’t do anything to you if you refuse to marry me.” said Sarah with a look of sadness in her eyes.

“We came here to do a job Sarah, to retrieve the Declaration of Independence from him. If marrying you will help us accomplished the job then I’ll do it without thinking twice.” replied a very serious Harm.

“Okay Harm, as long as you’re okay with this. I would understand though if you don’t want to marry me.” replied Sarah.

She wanted to marry Harm so much. It would be a dream come true though she would have like it to have been done in a church. Of course she would have loved to have more time to get to know him better first.

“Yes Sarah, I’m okay with it.” smiled Harm.

“Are you two ready?” asked her uncle after he returned.

“We don’t have any rings.” responded Sarah wishfully.

“I took care of that before I came out here.” replied Father O’Malley.

Once again Sarah gave Harm a look of “I tried.” and he looked back as “Oh well”.

Father O’Malley conducted a small wedding service. When he completed the wedding he told Harm he could kiss Sarah. Harm hesitated at first but then went ahead and kissed her. Wow! Harm said to himself as the kiss deepen.

She kisses so much better then Diane. And it feels so good to have her in my arms. Meanwhile Sarah was thinking Wow! He’s a better kisser then I could ever imagine. I think I felt my knees start to buckle there for a second.

Uncle Matt coughed to get them to separate.

“Do I have to throw cold water on you two. Here Sarah, I have a present for you.” her uncle told her with a smile.

“What is it Uncle Matt?” asked Sarah pretending to be surprised.

“It’s the Declaration of Independence. It’s what you really came here for.” laughed her uncle.

“Thank you Uncle Matt. You’re coming back with us aren’t you?” Sarah pleaded with her eyes.

“No Sarah. I don’t plan on spending the rest of my life in Leavenworth. I got my point across to the American people and the government. It’s time for me to move on. Come on I’ll take you back to your truck.” ordered her uncle.

“Take good care of my niece Commander.”

“You have my word on that Sir.” replied Harm

Later that afternoon Harm and Sarah met up with Webb. Webb was shock to see that Sarah had recovered the document without his help, but was happy to see that they had completed the mission. He also noticed the rings on their fingers.

“How did you manage to get the document Major?” asked Webb slyly.

“Unlike you Webb I’m a marine, I know what I’m doing. I know how to get things done.” smiled Sarah as she gave Webb a well deserved dig.

“Where’s the Colonel? I would have thought that you would have returned with him.” asked a puzzled Webb. He hated leaving loose ends, especially people who embarrass him. He liked things neatly tied up.

“He’s gone Webb. Besides you don’t really need him. You have what you really wanted, the document.” replied Sarah. She didn’t want to go into details why her uncle was still on the loose.

“That’s true Major. I have what I really want.” asked Webb.

“By the way Major you want to tell me about the rings on your hands. You didn’t decide to get married why you were gone. I’ve heard that Rabb was a fast worker, but this is even fast for him.” Sarah was about to say something but Harm interrupted.

“We were role playing Webb. We didn’t want the Colonel to be suspicious, so we pretended to be married.”

Webb smiled “Ok Rabb, I believe you. Good job Major, Commander.”

part 4 What you see isn’t what’s really there

Several hours later they were back on a plane to Washington DC. It was another long flight. They both fell asleep after they were served dinner. Sarah wrapped her arms around Harm’s arm with her head resting on his shoulder. She had a smile on her face.

The attendant smiled. Yesterday she had asked the Commander if she could get anything for he and his wife. He had told her that the woman wasn’t his wife. But now she saw the smile and the ring on Sarah’s finger. They must have gotten married yesterday.

2100 hours
Harm’s Residence

Harm and Sarah arrived back late at his place. They had stopped off at the BOQ first. Harm was going to leave her there. It was late and they both were tired, but Sarah insisted that she wanted to go to his place.

She wanted to stay with Harm. He didn’t understand why, but in the end he relented. They picked up all her stuff and went to his place. Harm was quite surprised that she didn’t want to stay at the BOQ until she found a place of her own.

It wasn’t much, but it was better than what he had to offer. His place was in the process of being renovated. It was a disaster area, but she had told him that she wanted to stay at his place.

“Are you sure you want to stay with me, Sarah? The BOQ rooms are so much nicer then my place.” asked a concerned Harm.

“I’m sure the BOQ rooms are nice Harmon. And I’m sure I want to stay with you at your place. Why Harmon, are you trying to get rid of me?” replied Sarah flirting.

“No, It’s not that per se. It’s just my place is such a mess. You said so yourself just yesterday.” answered Harm.

He didn’t know what to think. He hardly knew Sarah. Is this something she really wanted? Why does she want to stay here? He thought.

“I’m sure it still is, but it will get fixed up much quicker if I’m there.” smiled Sarah.

“You know how to electrical work?” laughed Harm.

“No, but I’m sure it will get done sooner if I’m living there. You won’t keep putting it off.” smiled Sarah.

She wasn’t going to be denied. After all they were married. Her place was with her husband now. As a Marine she had lived in worst conditions. She might not have liked the manner in which they got married, but she was sure she was where she was meant to be.

“That may be so Sarah, but the place is still a mess. You deserve so much better.” replied Harm with reservation.

“In case you’ve forgotten Harmon, we’re married now. Where you are, that’s where I’ll be.” replied Sarah with as much warmth as she could muster.

“Are you sure that’s what you want Sarah?” asked Harm.

“Harmon Rabb Jr, we haven’t been married one day and you’re trying to get rid of me.” Sarah pretended to be hurt.

“That’s not it Sarah. It’s just we were forced into this marriage.” Harm apologized for his comment.

“I wasn’t forced into doing anything I didn’t want to do Harm. Remember when Uncle Matt asked me where I met you?” asked Sarah.

“Yeah, You told him you met me in a rose garden.” replied a perplexed Harm.

“That’s right Harm. After high school while I was drying out, my uncle asked me what I wanted to do with my life, what my dreams were. I told him that I was going to college and then join the marines. Then I was going to meet the man of my dreams in a rose garden and get married.” smiled Sarah.

“And he took that to mean you wanted to marry me.” replied Harm.

“Not exactly, but he knew that you were the man of my dreams. The man I would marry in time. So he decided to expedite the process and marry us. Since I believe in the vows that I shared with you I’m going to stay here with you and make it work. Unless of course you don’t want to be married to me Harm.” replied Sarah as a very sad look came across her face.

“I didn’t say that Sarah. I guess I’m still a little stun. I don’t know which end is up.” replied a confused Harm.

“It’s okay Harm. I was a little blown away myself when Uncle Matt had the priest there to marry us. But if we take it slow and take the time to get to know each other, I think we’ll be okay.” smiled Sarah.

She hoped Harm agreed with her. She hoped that he would be willing to try and make their marriage work.

“Okay Sarah, if that’s what you really want, but I think we better keep it quiet for now. The fewer people that know we’re married the better. And as soon as I am finished fixing this place up we should think about looking into getting a house.” replied Harm.

“Well I don’t know anyone to tell. By the way why do we need a house Harm? I think this place will be pretty nice once you get it fixed up.” asked Sarah.

“Well if we’re going to have a family some day we’re going to need more room. Besides we can probably justify sharing a house a lot easier to the Admiral than sharing an apartment.” laughed Harm.

“I think I’m going to fall in love with you real easy Harmon Rabb.” smiled Sarah as she put her arms around Harm’s neck.

“Me too Sarah.” as Harm put his arms around her waist to pull her close for a kiss.

They spent the weekend working on the loft. It was a lot of hard work, but they got a lot done. They figured it would take another month to get everything taken care of. The following Monday they reported to work at Jag.

“Good work Commander, Major. I see that you took care of Webb’s little problem without too much difficulty.” the Admiral commented with satisfaction.

“Yes Sir, we did, but the Major deserves most of the credit. She was more familiar with the Colonel and knew where to find him.” replied Harm.

“I noticed you two came in together Commander. Did you pick her up at the BOQ.” asked the Admiral.

“No Sir. She’s staying at my place until she finds a place of her own.” replied Harm.

“What’s wrong with you Commander? Don’t you know how that looks?” asked the Admiral.

“Sir, it was my idea. I thought since we would be working on cases together it would make sense that I stay with him. We would be able to spend more time working on the cases together if I didn’t have to return to the BOQ at night.” responded a hopeful Sarah.

“I’m sure that’s very commendable of you Major, but I was thinking about his place. It’s such a mess. You shouldn’t have to deal with it.” the Admiral laughed.

“I know it a bit of a mess Sir, but since I’m new in town, I don’t know where anything is. Where the best stores are, where the better restaurants are, and anything else I might need?” Sarah explained.

“Are you sure Major?” asked the Admiral.

“Yes Sir. I can also keep an eye on him and keep him out of trouble too. I heard from Mr. Roberts that it was a full time occupation.” smiled Sarah.

“You’re right about that. His last partner got tired of doing that and left JAG. It was too much for her to handle.” laughed the Admiral.

“Not a problem for a marine Sir. I’ll have him squared away in no time.” smiled Sarah.

“Very well you two, dismiss.” ordered the Admiral.

The Admiral laughed to himself as he imagined the Major keeping Harm in line. He had no doubts that if it was at all possible to keep Harm out of trouble, the Major was the person to do it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
When First We Meet : part 5tomboone20:17:31 05/27/08 Tue
When First We Meet : part 6 & 7tomboone14:44:50 05/30/08 Fri
Re: When First We Meet : part 8 & 9tomboone20:29:07 05/31/08 Sat
When First We Meet : part 10 of 11tomboone18:10:47 06/01/08 Sun
When First We Meet : part 11tomboone19:18:49 06/04/08 Wed

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.