VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: When First We Meet : part 6 & 7

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:44:50 05/30/08 Fri
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "When First We Meet : part 3 & 4" on 19:14:36 05/23/08 Fri

part six Looking for clarification

“So does he know that the two of you are married? I didn’t think married couples could work together.” asked Frank.

“No, he’s not aware that we’re married. And we have no intention of telling him any time soon.” answered Harm quickly.

“We really enjoy working together. We aren’t ready to give that up yet. We are only getting to know each other.” continued Sarah.

“We want to spend as much time together as possible.” finished Harm.

“Are you two living together?” asked Trish curiously.

“Yes, and the Admiral does know about that, but we have convinced him that at the present time it is only temporary. We are going to be looking for a house to move into soon.” answered a happy Sarah.

“How’s that going to solve anything?” asked Frank a little confused. It didn’t make any sense to him.

“We have a plan. If we buy a large enough house then we can tell him that we will be sharing a house together. We get more bang for the buck.” smiled Harm.

“I don’t like to cook so we only need one kitchen. Besides we work late at night together two or three times a week. This way we won’t have to worry about going home late at night. We won’t have to go to two separate places before we leave on trips.” replied Sarah.

“We have enough reasons to convince the Admiral. I don’t think it’s going to be a problem.” continued Harm.

“Well let me know when you find one. We want to help you out.” requested Frank.

“That’s not necessary Frank.” argued Harm. He didn’t want to be beholding to Frank.

“I know we don’t have to Harm, but we want to. You know at some point we’re going to die. At which point all the money your mother and I have is going to be yours some day. You’re the only son we have.

I would like to see the money doing some good for you and Sarah while we’re alive rather then after I’m dead.” replied Frank sincerely.

“Okay Frank. You have a deal. When Sarah and I find something we like we’ll let you know.” smiled Harm.

It was difficult for him to accept anything from Frank, but he knew Frank deserved to be treated with respect by him. After all he had taken good care of his mother over the years.

“Thank you Harm.” replied a happy Frank.

“Harm, why don’t you take Sarah for a walk along the beach. When you get back, dinner will be ready.” Trish directed.

“Sounds like a good idea Mom.” replied Harm as he took Sarah’s hand.

They walked down to the beach and walk along the edge of the water for a couple of miles. After awhile Sarah stopped and turned to Harm. She reached up and gave him a kiss.

“What was that for?” asked Harm.

“For saying all those wonderful things about me to your mother. It made me feel really good to hear you say them.” Sarah responded with tears in her eyes.

Harm reached over to wipe the tears away.

“It’s very easy to do Sarah. You are very special to me.” smiled Harm as he took her into his arms.

“Thank you Harm. I never knew I could be so happy. And it’s all because of you.” replied Sarah as she rested her head on his chest.

It was so hard for her to contain her joy being there with Harm. Her life had been filled with so much pain growing up. Her mother had left her when she was fifteen with an abusive alcoholic for a father who didn’t know a kind word ever existed.

“I think your uncle had something to do with that Sarah. He was the one who married us.” replied Harm.

“I know Harm, but you didn’t have to marry me. He would have given us the document.” replied Sarah.

“There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you ninja girl. All I want to do is make you happy.” declared Harm.

They finished their walk and went back to the house. They had a quiet dinner with Trish and Frank before returning to the base.

part 7 Finally a house

Two months later Harm took Sarah for a little ride. They stopped in front of a slightly run down house. It was set a hundred feet back from the street. It had a wrap around porch in front, on the right side, and the back. It was three stories high. It also sat on three acres of land.

“Why are we stopping here Harm?” asked Sarah quizzically.

“We need a new place to live that is big enough and has potential.” replied Harm with a smile.

“But why here? It looks so run down.” wailed Sarah.

“It’s really not that bad Sarah. It has twelve rooms, a wrap around porch, four baths, and a large yard.” replied Harm.

“But why would we need a house this big?” asked a puzzled Sarah.

“For all the kids we’re going to have Sarah.” chuckled Harm as he took her hand in his.

“You want to have kids with me Harm?” sighed Sarah happily.

“Of course Sarah, more than anything in the world. I want to give you the family that we didn’t have. One with two loving parents and kids who have brothers and sisters.” smiled Harm.

“I don’t know if I can do that. I don’t know what that kind of family is like.” replied a worried Sarah.

“We’ll find out together Sarah. And I know that you can do it.” replied Harm as he gave her a small kiss.

“You think so Harm. Let’s take a look inside.” replied a contented Sarah.

“Your wish is my command.” chuckled Harm as he got out of the car.

They went inside and took a look around. They found a large eat in kitchen, a formal dining room, two smaller room that they could use as an offices, and a large family room. There was a fireplace in the dining room and the family room.

Upstairs they found a three small bedrooms, two medium size bedrooms, and a master bedroom with it’s own bathroom. There was also a small sewing room off to the side.

“You’re right. It is pretty nice on the inside.” commented Sarah.

“It only needs a little work. I can have someone come over and do the work before we move in.” replied Harm.

“Are you sure that’s what you want? Are you sure you wouldn’t rather do it yourself.” asked a surprised Sarah.

“Yes, I’m sure. It would take too long for me to do it all myself. With Frank helping out with the purchase of the house we can hire someone to get it all done in a few of weeks.” smiled Harm.

“What are we going to do with all these rooms?” asked a bewildered Sarah.

“Well we have a nice eat in kitchen where we can eat most of our meals. A formal dining room with a nice fireplace for when we entertain for formal occasions with family, friends, or clients.

We have a large family room with a fireplace at one end we can use for entertaining them. The two small rooms we can use for our offices.” replied Harm.

“Ok, what about upstairs?” asked Sarah.

“Well we’ll keep the master bedroom and have the smaller bedrooms for the children. And the larger bedrooms for our guests.” smiled Harm.

“Oh is that right? You expect to knock me up that many times.” laughed Sarah.

“Only if that is what you want Sarah. The only thing I know is they all will be perfect.” smiled Harm sincerely as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Thank you Harm.” replied Sarah as kissed Harm passionately.

The following week Frank and Trish came out from La Jolla to check out the house. They were quite impress. Frank offered Harm half the amount as a down payment to keep the monthly payments reasonable.

“Frank you don’t have to do this.” wailed Harm. He didn’t want Frank to feel obligated.

“Someday Harm all my money will be yours when I die. I have no one else to leave it to. I would like to give some of it to you now so I can see you enjoy it.” replied Frank.

A few weeks later they closed on the house. Harm hired a contractor to come in to do the remodeling for them. Sarah picked out all the color schemes. They moved everything over from Harm’s place.

A week later they reported to the Admiral that they had found a new place to live. The Admiral raised an eyebrow when he heard this. He was quite surprise. What was going on between these two?

“Let me make sure I heard you right. The two of you bought a house together?” asked a very confused Admiral.

What was going on? Didn’t they understand the concept of ‘the appearance of fraternization’ he wondered.

“Yes Sir. It’s a very large house Sir. There is plenty of room for both of us.” replied Harm.

“Didn’t I say something to you about not getting to close?” asked the Admiral.

“Yes Sir, you did, but since we work together late on cases several times a week and sometimes on the weekends, it only made sense to us that we live close to each other.” replied Harm.

“But why in the same house?” asked the Admiral as he felt a nasty head ache coming on. Why couldn’t they be like everyone else?

“There aren’t that many reasonable price apartments to rent in the city. Harm’s place is in a bad neighborhood. When Harm saw the listing for a large house with lots of rooms and a large yard at the price they were offering it at. We had to check it out. We couldn’t afford to pass on it.” reasoned Sarah.

“Alright, alright you make it all seem like a logical solution to me. I don’t know what the SecNav is going to say about it, but I’ll think of something if he asks.” replied the Admiral as he shook his head in wonderment.

“Why should he care Sir?” asked Harm curiously.

“I don’t know why, it’s just something he does. Things that you or I may find unimportant he does. Dismiss.” bellowed the Admiral.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: When First We Meet : part 8 & 9tomboone20:29:07 05/31/08 Sat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.