VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: New Beginnings : part 1

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:08:46 06/01/08 Sun

Title: New Beginnings
Author: skates
Classification: Harm/Mac
Spoiler: season 3
Summary: Was Harm really kissing Diane or was it Mac.

Disclaimers: The characters of JAG are the property of Donald Bellisario and Bellisarius Production, Inc. Used without permission. No copyright infringement intended. May be reproduce if unchanged, author given full credit, and no financial transaction is involved.

Feedback is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

part one

Spring 1997
Harm’s apartment

It was a rainy night. In fact it had been raining all week. Harm was sitting in a chair in his living room. He had been perusing through some old letters that he had written to Diane many tears ago. Some had thought they were love letters.

It was almost two years to the day that she was murdered. Agent Turkey had returned the letters to him after the investigation into her death was completed. Harm hadn’t been completely satisfied with the results of the investigation.

He didn’t think the real killer had been caught. He thought the Lieutenant had been a convenient scapegoat. He knew that in order for him to move on with his life, so that he could love someone else, he had to find out who the real killer was.

He had fallen in love with Mac, but didn’t feel he could express that love until he had close the final chapter of his relationship with Diane. He needed to know who her killer was.

While he was reading one of the letters in the bundle he came across one letter that he hadn’t written. It was a draft to Commander Hobart about his lack of action to the unwanted sexual advances she had reported and had to deal with during her tour.

It all of a sudden became very clear to him who the killer was. As he was getting ready to leave he heard a knock on the door. He put the gun that had been on the table in his belt.

He opened the door. It was Mac, what was she doing here? Had he forgotten that she coming over tonight? She was looking very beautiful and sexy as usual. She was wearing a soft brown sweater with a leather jacket.

Her hair was soft and frizzy from being out in the rain. She took off her jacket and went over to the couch to sit down.

“Hi Mac, uh ..... what are you doing here?” asked a distracted Harm.

He didn’t have time for a visit with her. The ship had arrived tonight and the murderer would be pulling the first shift. He needed to get going if he was going to meet the murderer before he left.

“I’m here for that dinner you promise me Harm. We’re supposed to look over this file and work on the Munson case tonight.” smiled Mac seductively while wondering what was wrong with him tonight.

“I’m sorry Mac, I completely forgot. Can I have a rain check? I have to go out tonight and meet an old friend. His ship is docking tonight and he is only going to be here for a few days.” pleaded Harm.

“You have to be kidding Harm. I came all the way over here in the pouring rain to work on this case with you. We’re not even close to being ready for it. Besides which I’m hungry. You promised me you would cook me dinner.” replied Mac a little offended.

Harm got up and went over to the closet to get his jacket. Mac saw the gun behind his back in his belt. She was shocked. Where in the world was he going that he needed his gun. She got up and grabbed the gun from Harm before he realized what he was doing.

“Harm, what are you doing here with your gun?” asked a puzzled Mac.

“Nothing for you to worry about Mac.” replied Harm. He didn’t want to get into it with her about what he was planning to do.

“Harm, let’s sit down and talk about it.” begged Mac. She needed to know what was going on. She didn’t want to see Harm get hurt or killed.

“I can’t Mac. I need to get going. His ship is due in tonight. I want to see him before he leaves the ship.” whine Harm wishing she would leave it alone and respect his wishes.

“Whose ship Harm, please talk to me. Tell me what’s wrong.” pleaded Mac.

Finally Harm relented knowing Mac was like a dog with a bone. Once she was on to something she wasn’t going to let it go until had what she wanted.

“Okay, I will tell you, but then you will have to leave. I really do need to meet him tonight.” Mac gave Harm back his gun.

Mac knew he probably had another gun either in his apartment or out in his car. They both sat down on the couch and Harm proceeded to tell her about the investigation of Diane’s death two years ago.

How Kennick took over and didn’t listen to anyone. She was on a mission to prove to the Admiral that she was more than just a lawyer, that she was capable of conducting investigations. She was also jealous that he was the poster boy of the Navy.

He told her about how he and Diane were going to go away that weekend to discuss their future together. He told her how he had been unable to have a normal relationship with anyone because he had unresolved his emotional feelings for Diane that weren’t going to go away until he knew who really killed her.

He had finally figured out who had killed her when she had walked in the door. He was leaving to confront him.

“Harm, you have to let the SP’s take care of him. You can’t confront him all by yourself.” pleaded Mac.

She feared that Harm might kill Diane’s killer and ruin his career, his life. Which in the process could ruin hers. She loved him and didn’t want to lose him.

“I can’t let the SP’s take care of it Mac. The evidence I have to confront him with wouldn’t stand up in court. I have to get him to confess.” replied Harm.

“Please Harm, if you have to do this, let’s go and talk to the Admiral first. You owe it to him to talk to him first.” wailed Mac trying to convince him it was the right thing to do.

“Okay Mac, you’re right let’s go.” conceded Harm.

Harm and Mac went out to his car and began to get in. Harm didn’t want to see the Admiral. He knew the Admiral wouldn’t let him go. He would try to talk him out of going. Actually he would order him to stand down.

He wanted to protect Mac from what was going to happen. If he ruined his career, he didn’t want to ruin hers too. Then Harm realized that he needed the letter that was back in his apartment.

“Darn, I forgot the letter back in my apartment, could you please go back up to my apartment and get it for me Mac? I’ll warm the car up for you.” asked Harm sincerely.

“Sure Harm as long as you promise not to leave without me.” replied Mac.

“Okay Mac.” responded Harm.

Mac got out of the car and went up to the building. As she was reaching for the front door she heard Harm’s car speeding away out of the parking lot without her.

“Sorry Mac, but I have to do this myself. I can’t have you getting involved.” Harm said to himself as he pulled away.

“Damm you Harm. I love you. You’re going to get yourself in trouble. Maybe you’ll end up in jail or out of the service. You’ll be out of my life before we can begin to have a real life together.” wailed Mac.

She got into her jeep and managed to get it started. She had left her keys and jacket in Harm’s apartment and it was lock. She had gotten soaked in the rain while she tried to start the jeep.

She headed back to JAG headquarters. She was hoping to find out some more information about the murder and where Harm had gone. She was soaking wet by the time she got to JAG and went into the building.

She found Bud still there. He helped fill her in on the missing pieces about Diane. She came across a picture of Diane in the file. She began to understand now why Harm stared at her when they first met. They could have been twins.

“What was she like Bud?” asked Mac.

“All you have to do is look in a mirror Ma’am. She looked exactly like you. But you have a completely different personality. She was softer, more amusing, a more relaxed personality.

Where as you have a more military bearing, more serious and hard nose, kick ass marine.” replied a hesitant Bud. He didn’t want to get her mad at him.

“Ma’am, Harriet has an extra uniform in her locker you can change into.” offered Bud.

Mac changed into one of Harriet’s uniforms that Bud had offered her. While Mac was changing Bud came up with two possibilities, but only one was due to arrive in Norfolk tonight. Bud went along with Mac as she drove to Norfolk.

Meanwhile Harm had arrived in Norfolk and was waiting for Commander Hobart to leave the ship. When Harm saw the Commander walking towards him he stopped him and confronted him.

“What are you doing here Commander?” asked a surprised Hobart. He wasn’t aware of any problems on board that required a visit from Jag.

“I needed to talk to you about something.” replied Harm.

Harm showed him the letter which stated how unresponsive Hobart had been to Diane’s complaints of sexual harassment. That she was going to report him when they got back to port.

Hobart denied everything. He told Harm he had nothing that would stand up in court. Harm told him it didn’t matter because they were settling everything tonight. As Harm drew his gun out from behind his back, Harm and Hobart heard footsteps coming from behind Harm.

They heard Mac call out Harm’s name. “Harm!”

When Hobart saw Mac he thought he was seeing the ghost of Diane. He took a couple of steps backwards and fell off the pier, he was crushed between the dock and the ship.

“Harm! Are you all right?” asked a worried Mac as she put a hand on his cheek to check him out.

“Yeah Mac, I’m okay. What are you doing here? I thought I left you back at my place.” responded Harm as he hugged her.

“Trying to save your sorry six flyboy.” replied a happy Mac.

“You didn’t need to do that Mac. I had everything under control. By the way you look like Diane in that navy uniform. You must have spooked Hobart. I think you were the last thing he expected to see tonight.

By the way you look very nice in navy white. Are you thinking about becoming a Squid? Why are you wearing a lieutenant’s uniform anyway?” asked Harm in a teasing manner.

“My clothes were soaking wet thanks to you. Bud offered me one of Harriet’s uniforms to change into. I didn’t want you to kill Commander Hobart.” replied Mac. “And No! I am not transferring to the Navy.”

“You don’t know if I would have killed him. I didn’t even know what I was going to do. I was looking for the truth. Now I will never know what I would have done, but thank you anyway Sarah.

I still think you do look good in navy white Sarah. Are you sure you’re not considering transferring to the navy? You would make a great squid.” smiled Harm as he teased his little ninja girl.

“Ha, ha, ha you’re very funny flyboy.” replied an annoyed Mac. “Why in the world would I want to become a squid?” She just shook her head.

“Who Me?” grinned Harm.

Harm looked deeply into her eyes. He leaned towards her and started to kiss her. At first she a little surprise, but she had been waiting for this moment since the day they met.

She responded to the kiss by deepening it. She didn’t want to let him go. When they finished kissing Mac tried to pass the kiss off. She wasn’t sure if he was kissing her or kissing Diane goodbye.

“I know you weren’t really kissing me, you were saying goodbye to Diane.” wailed Mac softly.

“Why would you think that Sarah? Diane has been dead and gone from my life for two years now. What makes you think that I wasn’t kissing you to say thank you for saving my sorry six, for stopping me from doing something really stupid that could have sent me to Leavenworth?” replied Harm.

Why was she trying to complicate things. He was thanking her and showing her that he was ready to move forward. He had really enjoyed kissing Mac. The way she kissed back, Harm was sure she enjoyed it too.

“What do you mean Harm?” asked a confused Mac. She needed clarification.

“I mean I love you Sarah MacKenzie. Coming here tonight to see Hobart was about closing the last chapter of my life with Diane. So I could move on.” smiled Harm as he continued to hold her in his arms. He could see the confusion on her face.

“Move on to what Harm?” asked Mac hoping he meant having a relationship with her.

“To loving you Sarah.” replied Harm as Mac’s knees buckled.

Mac was blushing now. She was beginning to realize what was happening. Harm was calling her Sarah, her given name. Her heart began to beat faster. Her knees were beginning to buckle. She was swooning. Harm loved her.

She had slowly fallen in love with him ever since the first time she saw him in the rose garden. He had been so supportive of her. He had helped her deal with her demons that she carried with her every day.

She was glowing now. He said he loved her. The man of her dreams was in love with her, Sarah MacKenzie.

“You love me Harm?” asked Mac with a look of wonder on her face.

“Yes Sarah, I love you very much.” replied Harm with a smile.

“I love you too flyboy, but about that dinner that you owe me?” asked Mac with a chuckle.

“Dinner! How can you think about food at a time like this? I tell you I love you and all you want to do is eat.” replied Harm as he shook his head.

“That’s because I’m starving Harm. Someone didn’t feed me tonight like they had promise.” smiled Mac.

“Okay, okay, I’ll take you to dinner. Would you like to change first?” asked Harm with a smile.

“No, I’m okay for now. Let’s go before the SP’s come back. I don’t want to deal with them tonight. We can talk to them tomorrow.” replied Mac as her stomach growled.

“Okay, let me call Bud on his cell phone to let him know about our plans so he won’t worry.” replied Harm.

“We will have to talk to the Admiral tomorrow about what happened here tonight.” continued Mac.

“Just about what happened to Hobart tonight. Let’s not tell him how we feel about each other. I’m not ready to share my feelings about you with anybody but you.” responded Harm as he kissed her forehead.

“Same here flyboy.” replied Mac.

On the way back to DC they stopped off for something to eat. They talked about how they felt about each other. Afterwards they went back to Harm’s place and made wild and passionate love.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: New Beginnings : part 1Michele06:50:40 06/02/08 Mon
New Beginnings : part 2skates19:22:44 06/04/08 Wed
New Beginnings : part 3skates19:37:21 06/07/08 Sat
New Beginnings : part 4skates18:46:53 06/10/08 Tue
New Beginnings : part 5skates09:23:04 06/13/08 Fri

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.