VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: When First We Meet : part 10 of 11

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:10:47 06/01/08 Sun
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "When First We Meet : part 3 & 4" on 19:14:36 05/23/08 Fri

part 10 The visitation

May 1999
Rabb Residence

Sarah had convinced her mother to come home with them. When they had arrived at the house Deanne stood there in awe at how large it was. She knew that she wouldn’t be putting them out them by staying with them for a little while.

They went inside the house to get settled in. They put her stuff in one of the guest bedrooms. Sarah showed her mother around the house before dinner. She was surprise at the number of rooms in the house. It was the perfect place to raise a family.

After dinner Deanne found some albums filled with pictures. She started looking through one of them while Harm and Sarah were putting little Veronica to bed. She came across one with Harm and Sarah having a good time.

But she was surprised to see Sarah in Navy whites. She thought Sarah was in the marines. She had been married to a marine for over twenty years. She was pretty sure they never wore white. Why was Sarah dressed in whites?

When Harm and Sarah came down the stairs and into the room, they saw Deanne looking through an album. She seemed to be enjoying herself.

“What are you looking at Mom?” asked Sarah.

“I was looking at this album of you and Harm, but I’m a little confused.” replied Deanne.

“What are you confused about Mom?” asked Sarah curiously.

“Well you told me that you first met Harm a few years ago, but in this album Harm is much younger and you’re wearing a navy uniform.” replied a puzzled Deanne.

Sarah went over and looked at the album. She realized that this album was one of Harm’s, just after he graduated from the academy. The woman who was with him was Diane Schonke, not her.

“That’s not me in the picture Mom. Those are pictures of Harm after he graduated from the academy. He was with his girlfriend, Diane Schonke.” replied Sarah understanding the confusion.

Deanne’s face went white as a ghost as she realized who she was seeing.

“What’s wrong Mom?” asked a concerned Sarah.

“You knew Diane?” asked Deanne.

“No, I didn’t know her. What I do know about her, Harm told me.” replied Sarah.

“Where is she now?” asked Deanne. Sarah was a little worried now.

“She’s dead Deanne. She was killed a year before I met Sarah.” replied Harm.

“Mom, what’s wrong?” asked Sarah worriedly.

“I never told you this. Your father would never let me. Diane was your sister. She was born a few years before you, but your father didn’t want a baby girl. He forced me to give her up.

When you were born, he wanted me to give you up too, but I wouldn’t. That’s when he started to become angry and distant. That’s when he started drinking. He only wanted to have boys.” sobbed Deanne as she held her hands over her face.

“Diane was my sister. Why didn’t you tell me I had a sister?” wailed Sarah.

“Your father told me not too. He told me he would kill me if I did. And you know how bad he was. I just couldn’t. There wasn’t anything you could have done.” wailed Deanne.

“I understand Mom. I know it wasn’t your fault, but I always wanted a sister.” cried Sarah.

“I know sweetie, but you know it wasn’t possible.” responded Deanne hugging Sarah.

“How did you know about Diane, Deanne?” asked Harm.

“I went through a private adoption agency. I was able to keep track of how she was doing and who she was. It helped me sleep at night knowing that a loving couple adopted her.” replied Deanne.

“You’re right, the Shonke’s were very good people. They always wanted a little girl. They loved her very much. Diane was a very special lady.” replied Harm.

“How well did you know her?” asked Deanne.

“We were academy sweethearts. We went our separate ways after the academy, but we kept in touch. She helped me recover from my injuries and self doubts after I crashed my tomcat in a ramp strike eight years ago.

The weekend she died, we were going to go away to discussed our future together. I was devastated for a long time until I met Sarah.” replied Harm.

“So you loved both my girls?” asked Deanne. This surprised her greatly.

“Yes, I guess I did, but what was amazing, even though they looked like twins, their personalities were so different. And as much as I loved Diane, I love Sarah even that much more. I can’t even imagine my life without Sarah.” replied Harm emotionally.

For the three of them there was closure now. Deanne had wondered what had happen to Diane. Sarah had wanted a sister. And Harm had always wonder why Sarah and Diane looked so much alike.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
When First We Meet : part 11tomboone19:18:49 06/04/08 Wed

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.