VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: When First We Meet : part 11

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:18:49 06/04/08 Wed
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "When First We Meet : part 3 & 4" on 19:14:36 05/23/08 Fri

part 11 The truth be told

1300 hours
2 Sept 2002
Labor day party
Rabb Residence

Harm and Sarah had finally decided it was time to come clean with the JAG staff. It was time to let them know they were married. Harm and Sarah figured everyone would be totally shocked when they were told the truth.

Harm figured the easiest way to tell them, was to invite them all to a party at their house and let the events of the day unfold naturally. They invited the JAG staff and their families, their neighbors, and finally their own family.

“Are you sure you’re comfortable with this Sarah? Telling everyone that we’re married is going to change everything at work. We might not be able to work together anymore.” commented Harm.

“Yeah, I’m sure Harm. I’m tire of hiding our relationship. I’m proud to be married to you and I want everyone to know.” replied Sarah.

“I can’t believe that no one ever figured out that we’re married.” smiled Harm.

“Especially Harriet and Carolyn. They both have been after me to get involve with you for a long time.” giggled Sarah.

“Why is that?” asked Harm.

“They see the way we look at each other. We had to be in love. Therefore we should be together.” laughed Sarah.

“Yeah those two are quite a pair. They will be the two most shocked people of everyone.” replied Harm.

“So who did you invite to the party?” asked Harm.

“I invited the staff and our neighbors along with our family and special friends.” smiled Sarah.

“Does that mean Keeter is coming?” asked Harm with a smile.

“Yes Harm, along with Tom Boone and a few other people you flew with.” Sarah sweetly smiled.

Trish and Frank were the first ones to arrive with Tom Boone. Deanne was already there taking care of the girls. Bud and Harriet were the next to arrive. They always seemed to arrive earlier than everyone else. The question was why? Nobody knew the answer to that.

Bud was ordered to stay away from the food until everyone was ready to eat. He also wasn’t allowed to eat anything that would stain his clothes. He had a nasty habit of spilling food on himself at JAG functions.

It wasn’t long before everybody had arrived. Keeter sought out Carolyn after his initial visit with Harm. He was a ladies man after all, he needed to work his magic as soon as possible. And Carolyn was a beautiful woman .......

Harm had the propane gas grill going. He was going to grill some steaks, center loin pork chops, boneless chicken breasts, hamburgers, and hotdogs. The Admiral volunteered to help cook. All the men were standing around the grill talking sports and drinking beer.

They were all quite impressed with the house and the yard. The house was large with a wrapped around porch that everyone liked. There were eight or nine gardens around the house and throughout the yard that had every imaginable flower possible.

But everyone was surprise to see that every garden had some roses in them. The roses were all different sizes and colors. A lot of hard work must have gone into maintaining these gardens. They couldn’t imagine who would have the time.

While the men were outside talking, the women went on a tour of the house. They were all quite impress with how many rooms and baths there were. The house was beautiful.

They all wondered who lived here as it was Deanne who was giving them the tour. They weren’t aware that she was Sarah’s mother.

Outside all the children were running around playing in the yard. There was a swing set along with a sandbox. There were many different balls and other games for the children to play, all twenty of them.

1400 hours

While Harm and the Admiral were grilling the meat Mac grab a few of the women to help her take out the cold dishes of food they were going to eat with the meat.

There was quite a variety of food, potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, and regular salad of lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber, for everyone along with several types of chips and dips. Everyone helped themselves to what they wanted. Many of them came back for seconds and even thirds.

After the meal was over and the kids washed their hands before going back to playing. The adults gathered around on the large porch with drinks in hand.

There was Bud, Harriet, Carolyn, Matonnie and his wife, AJ, Keeter, Kate, Trish, Frank, Deanne, Grandma Sarah, Tom Boone, and some of their neighbors.

Trish was sitting there with the baby, Victoria. Sarah was in the center of the gathering with Harm off to the side talking with Keeter. They were all having a good time talking when Sarah thought it was time.

“So tell me Harriet, what is the pool you have running these days?” asked Sarah with a smile.

“What do you mean Ma’am?” asked a shocked Harriet. How did Sarah know about the pool she and Jason were running. She had been very discreet. It must have been Jason that screwed things up.

“Come on now Harriet, I know you have a pool going. I’ve seen you leaving money with Jason and a list of people’s names who have given you money.” replied Sarah.

“Do I need to ask Jason about it?” asked Sarah threatened with a smile.

“No Ma’am.” replied Harriet quickly. She wondered how she was going to explain this without getting her six reamed out.

“The pool we have going is about you and the Commander. It about when the two of you were going to start dating Ma’am.” replied a nervous Harriet. Please don’t killed me she said to herself.

“Now why in the world would you have such a pool about when Harm and I would start dating Harriet?” asked a smug Sarah.

“You love each other. We can tell by the way you look at each other and talk to each other. We think you two belong together. We want you two to be happy.” replied Harriet.

“Who’s we Harriet? And what makes you think that Harm and I aren’t already happy with our relationship? What makes you think we don’t like our relationship the way it is?” asked Sarah curiously.

“All the people at JAG who love you Ma’am. You seem to fight a lot when you’re unhappy. We can see that you love the Commander. He loves you.” replied Harriet hoping she wasn’t going to get chewed out.

“But why Harriet?” asked Sarah more determinately.

“We want you to have what Bud and I have. A good marriage and children Ma’am. You’re so good with little AJ. You would make a good mother.” Harriet replied.

Trish and Deanne sat back in their chairs shaking their heads and laughed. They couldn’t believe that Harriet didn’t know that Harm and Sarah were already married and had two children of their own. It was fun watching Sarah play her little game with Harriet.

“What makes you think I don’t already have that Harriet?” asked Sarah.

“What?” asked a confused Harriet.

“I said what makes you think I don’t already have that?” asked Sarah with a smile.

“I don’t understand Ma’am.” replied Harriet.

Sarah shook her head in disbelief.

“Harriet, why do you think I have been wearing this ring. I’ve worn it since the day I started working here six years ago.” explained Sarah.

“You said it was to keep undesirables like Commander Brumby away Ma’am.” replied Harriet.

“That’s true Harriet, but I also told you that I was married. Harriet, I have been happily married now for many years. Why would I want to start dating someone to fulfill some fantasy of yours?” asked Sarah now concern for Harriet’s mental well being.

“I just wanted you to be happy like Bud and me. Loving each other and our child.” replied Harriet.

“But I’m already happy Harriet.” replied Sarah as a young girl came running up to Sarah and jumped into her lap.

Harriet was surprised to see this. She appeared to look a lot like Sarah.

“Mommy, can I have some ice cream?” asked the little girl.

“Why don’t you tell everyone who you are and how old you are first.” replied Sarah.

Harriet was speechless. The little girl had called Sarah mommy.

“Hi everyone! My name is Veronica. I am four years old. And this is my mommy!” beamed the little girl as she waved to everyone.

“She ..... she ..... is your daughter?” stuttered Harriet.

“Yes, she’s my little girl. She’s the oldest.” smiled Sarah.

“You have more then one child?” asked Harriet.

“Of course Harriet. I didn’t like being an only child, her father didn’t like being an only child either, so we didn’t want Veronica to be one. She has a little sister name Victoria. She’s sleeping in her grandmother’s lap.” smiled Sarah.

Harriet sat there stunned along with everyone else who was there. They couldn’t believe what they were hearing. When did Sarah have a couple of children? None of them had ever seen her pregnant.

“When did this happen Sarah? I don’t ever remember you being pregnant.” asked Carolyn who took over for a speechless Harriet.

“That’s because I was usually away on an assignment from JAG when I began to show.” smiled Sarah.

“Who’s the father?” asked Carolyn.

By this time Veronica was getting antsy. She had come to her mother and had asked very nicely about having some ice cream. She had even perform for it by telling everyone her name and how old she was. It was time.

“Mom ..... can I have some ice cream?” asked Veronica as she began to whine.

“Go ask your father to get you some.” smiled Sarah as she gave her little girl a hug and a kiss.

They all watch with curiosity to see whom she went to. They watched Veronica get down from Sarah’s lap and head off. They all smiled when Veronica jumped into Harm’s lap and said “Daddy! Daddy! Mommy said for you to get me some ice cream.”

Harm smiled as he stood up. He hugged his little girl and gave her an Archie Bunker special raspberry kiss. He then took her inside for some ice cream.

Everybody’s jaw dropped. Here everybody had wondered when Harm and Sarah would see the light that they were in love with each other and do something about it. It had never occurred to any of them that they had already realized it and had done something about it.

“You two are married?” asked a stunned Carolyn.

“Why wasn’t I informed Colonel?” asked the Admiral.

“When did you two get married? asked Kate.

“Of course we’re married. You didn’t think we didn’t realized we love each other before you did. Except for the Admiral, none of you were here when we met. Bud arrived the same day I did.” Sarah began to explain.

“I did tell you Harriet about how they looked at each other the first day they met.” chirped in Bud.

“As you all are well aware of, Harm and I met in a rose garden. Harm looked deeply into my eyes as though he was looking into my soul. He said he knew me.

On our first mission together he wanted to be my lover. I woke up in his arms after the first night we spent together.” Sarah continued to explain.

“You woke up in his arms?” asked Loren in disbelief. She shook her head in disbelief.

“When did this happen?” asked the Admiral.

“Well ..... first we had to get away from Webb and Bud.” replied Harm as he returned. He wanted to be part of the revelation.

“I rented this old ratty pickup truck with a bed in it. We had signaled her uncle, but he didn’t respond. So we spent the night in the truck sleeping. When Sarah fell asleep I pulled her into my arms to hold her while she slept.” smiled Harm.

“You told me I crawled into your arms.” huffed Sarah.

“I wasn’t taking any chances. I figured you probably would, but I didn’t want to chance it. I wanted you to believe it was your idea.” smiled Harm.

“Anyway my uncle found us together. I told him Harm was my boyfriend. At first he was disgusted that I would be involved with a sailor. He was ready to disowned me when he found out Harm was a pilot.

He said all pilots should be fixed, have their jaws wired shut, and finally have a lobotomy. They shouldn’t be allow anywhere around women. When I reminded him that he was a pilot too, he just shrugged and laughed.

He asked me where I found my sailor. I told him I found him in a rose garden. He had a priest there within the hour and we were married.” smiled Sarah.

Everybody had been listening quietly to Sarah’s story. They couldn’t believe it when they realized that Harm and Sarah met on a Wednesday and were married the next day on a Thursday. It just blew their minds.

“Let me understand this. I introduced you to Rabb after he received his first Distinguish Flying Cross in the White House Rose Garden. I tell you both not to get involve because you have to work together. And you got married anyways the next day.” asked a befuddled Admiral.

“Yes Sir. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. After all Sir, I was wearing a ring on my hand when we returned. You did noticed it.” replied Sarah.

“So why did your uncle have a priest marry you after you said you met Harm in a rose garden?” asked Kate.

“Mom, do you want to tell them?” asked Sarah.

“Okay sweetie.” replied Deanne as everyone whispered in disbelief “Sweetie?” That was one term no one at JAG had ever associated with Sarah, the kick ass no nonsense marine.

“Ever since Sarah was a little girl around three years old she had this dream. She dreamt that she would meet this tall dark good looking man in a white uniform in a rose garden. There would be something shiny on his chest.

Her uncle use to tease her all the time that she was going to marry the good humor man because of her affinity for ice cream. She could never seem to get enough ice cream.” smiled Deanne.

Everyone smiled as they remembered Sarah’s little girl jumping into her lap asking for ice cream.

“Sarah used to tell us all the time about her dream man. So when her uncle asked Sarah where she met her sailor, he had an idea it was in a rose garden. He wanted to make sure Sarah would be happy. So he made sure by having them get married. He always wanted to be there when she got married.” finished Deanne.

“Thank you mom.” replied Sarah.

Everyone else said “Wow!”

“So you both have been married all this time. It must have been amusing whenever Harriet tried to get you together with Harm.” smiled Carolyn.

“Actually it was getting pretty annoying considering how much effort it was for Harm and I to get Bud and Harriet together in the first place. It seem like every time we thought they were on the right track, Bud would say something stupid and Harriet would get upset with him and not speak to him for a week.” smiled Sarah.

“So whose house is this anyway?” asked Loren.

“Looking around the yard at all the gardens, I would think it’s obvious who the house belongs to.” replied Keeter. There were still a few who didn’t quite grasp the obvious. Amongst them was Jason.

“Who?” asked Jason.

“All the gardens have roses in them. They met in a rose garden.” commented Webb as he shook his head in disbelief that they were all so obtuse.

“You mean it’s the Commander and the Colonel’s house?” asked Harriet in amazement.

“Yes.” replied the Admiral.

“What I want to know is who gets the pool money?” asked Jason.

“I think Harm and Sarah should get it.” replied Kate. “After all they fooled you for six years. They deserved it.”

“I agree.” said the Admiral.

“They even had me fool. I thought I knew them pretty well.” smile the Admiral.

“They played you all like a cat with a mouse and some cheese. They gave you a little something to tease you with and then pulled it away.” smiled Kate.

The end

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.