VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: New Beginnings : part 2

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:22:44 06/04/08 Wed
In reply to: skates 's message, "New Beginnings : part 1" on 18:08:46 06/01/08 Sun

part two

Over the next few months Harm and Mac explored their feelings for one another. They spent as much of their free time together as possible. They did the couple thing, dining out, going to the movies, taking long walks, and making hot and passionate love.

Harm would take Mac flying in his bi-plane to see the countryside. Then one autumn day after spending several hours viewing the many different colors of the fall foliage Harm landed the bi-plane in a field for a picnic.

“Are you enjoying yourself today Sarah?” asked Harm.

“Yes Harm, today has been wonderful. I can’t believe how happy I am. This has been the best summer of my life.” replied a very happy marine.

“I have to agree with you ninja girl. This summer has been very special. Being together with you has been wonderful. The fact that we have kept it from everyone else has made it even better.” smiled Harm.

“I love you flyboy.” cooed Mac.

“I love you too ninja girl.” replied Harm.

“Do you think we should tell anyone?” asked Mac hesitantly. She was ready to let the world know. She was ready to move to the next level of their relationship.

“No. We would have to answer too many questions. We would be expected to socialize with other couples all the time. But more important we wouldn’t be able to work together. Working with you is too special for me to give up at this time.” replied Harm hoping she understood.

“That’s so true. I really enjoy working with you too. I have learned so much. I am a much better lawyer now then I was before I arrived here.” agreed Mac.

“Also one of us might have to leave Jag. I don’t want that to happen right now.” added Mac

“Thank you Sarah. I can say the same about working with you. I’ve had to get better to stay one step ahead of you. I can’t slack off and let my charms win cases anymore. I’m not ready to give up working with you just yet.” replied Harm as he took her into his arms.

They finished their lunch and were packing up the picnic item as they got ready to leave. Before they left Harm reach over and took one of Mac’s hands.

“Wait Sarah, before we go back to DC, I have something I need to ask you.” smiled Harm.

“Ok Harm, what do you want to ask me?” asked Mac coyly.

Harm had been full of surprises lately. She was smiling. Harm was calling her Sarah, her given name, all the time now when they were alone with each other. She felt so good when he did.

She saw him getting down onto one knee. Her breath caught as her heart began to beat faster. Tears began to form in her eyes as she began to realize what Harm was going to ask her.

“Sarah MacKenzie, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife. The time we have spent together this summer has been so wonderful that I can’t imagine you not being a part of my life.

I love you Sarah MacKenzie. I want to spend the rest of my life together with you making you happy.” proposed Harm.

“The time we’ve spent together this summer has been very special. I never thought I could ever be this happy. You are my life, my soul mate. Yes Harm, I’ll marry you.” cried Mac happily.

Harm placed the ring on her finger. They shared a loving and passionate kiss before walking back to the plane. The trip back to DC was quiet as they both absorbed what had transpired today.

Later in the week Harm and Mac got together at his apartment to make plans about getting married a couple days after Christmas. They call his family and her uncle to arrange for them to spend Christmas together at his grandmother’s farm.

All they told their families was that they had someone special they wanted them to meet. They didn’t tell anyone about their wedding plans. They wanted everyone to be surprised.

Now the tricky part was to get the Admiral to allow them to take two weeks leave at the same time without raising the Admiral’s suspicion or the suspicion of the rank and file in the office.

Their curiosity into Harm and Mac’s relationship went well beyond what was considered normal. Junior officers and enlisted personnel shouldn’t be paying attention to what Senior officers did with their private lives.

1 Oct 1997
JAG Headquarters

They decided that Mac should approach the Admiral first. She had more leave time built up and was usually more persuasive with the Admiral. He usually allowed Mac to take time off as she needed it.

Early that morning Mac went in to see the Admiral in his office. She was nervous. She had come up with an idea that would allow her to take leave. She didn’t think she would be denied.

“Sir, I would like to request leave from 22 Dec to 4 Jan.” requested Mac.

“That’s a long time for you to be away Major. I don’t know if I can afford to spare you for two weeks. What may I ask do you need that much time for?” asked the Admiral curiously.

“I have accumulated over seventy days of leave Sir. I received a notice from personnel last week that I have to use it or lose it. Sir, I would prefer to use my leave Sir.” replied Mac hopefully.

“Very well Major, permission granted. Where are you going if I may ask?” asked the Admiral. He enjoyed putting his people on the spot.

“I don’t know for sure yet Sir. I’m still in the planning stages. I was thinking about going skiing up north.” replied Mac.

“Well let me know when you do Major, dismiss.” commanded the Admiral.

10 Oct 1997
JAG Headquarters

In order to avoid suspicion that they were going away together Harm went in to see the Admiral a week later about taking leave. He had talked it over with Mac before coming up with a plan.

“What is it Rabb?” bellowed an annoyed Admiral.

“Request permission to take two weeks leave Sir.” asked Harm.

“When would you like to take it?” asked the Admiral suspiciously.

“From 23 Dec to 5 Jan, Sir.” replied Harm.

“I don’t know if I can spare you for two weeks Commander.” replied the Admiral. He knew something must be up.

“Why’s that Sir? JAG is usually pretty quiet during that time of the year.” responded Harm.

“The Major is going away then. I would like one of you two here during that time Commander.” replied the Admiral as he tried to make Harm sweat. He hoped to get some intel about what his two best people were up to.

“Sir, I haven’t spent Christmas with my family in a few years. They have planned something very special this year. I would like to be with them. I am also in the use it or lose it category.” pleaded Harm.

“Very well Commander, it sounds kind of fishy. Are you sure you and the Major aren’t going away together and quietly get married?” smiled the Admiral as he looked for a reaction from Harm but saw none.

“What? No Sir. I’m going to my grandmother’s farm for Christmas. She lives in Pennsylvania. The last thing I heard was that Mac was going somewhere nice and warm.” smiled Harm.

“Are you sure Commander? She told me she was going skiing.” argued the Admiral.

“At one time Sir, but the more she thought about it, the more she didn’t like the idea. She wanted to go somewhere warm, she said something working on her tan.” smiled Harm.

“Very well Rabb, dismiss.” bellowed the Admiral.

Later that afternoon Harm and Mac got together in his office to discuss what they were going to do before the end of the year.

“Did you have any trouble getting leave flyboy?” asked Mac.

“A little bit. The Admiral didn’t like the idea of us both being away for that length of time at the same time.” replied Harm as he shook his head.

“I know what you mean. I was fortunate that I had excess leave I had to use. He had to let me take it.” commented Mac.

“I think he was a little suspicious of us taking time off at the same time. He was kidding me about you and I going away to get married.” chuckled Harm.

“Well we better be prepared to deal with some good natured kidding from the rest of the staff. If the Admiral is astute enough to the possibility, then I’m sure the rest of them will be too.” replied Mac seriously.

“I hadn’t thought about that. We should come up with a plan tonight over dinner.” continued Harm.

“Well that’s what you have me for.” giggled Mac.

“To cook me dinner.” teased Harm.

“What? No silly.” replied Mac as she shook her head in disbelief.

“To make me feel like a real man.” as Harm continued to tease.

“Only in your dreams flyboy.” replied Mac as she enjoyed their little game.

“Then what ninja girl?” responded Harm not wanting to give her the satisfaction.

“Someone to think about all the possibilities. We can plan on what to say to them. If one of us is approached about it, we can make a general announcement to everyone at that time. That should lessen the ribbing we get from them.” smiled Mac satisfactory.

“Sounds like a plan to me ninja girl.” smiled Harm.

They discussed their plans over dinner that night. The next morning when they arrived at the office there was a buzz going throughout the bullpen. The Harriet’s rumor mill was working over time.

Tiner had just posted the leave requests for the next two months. The Commander and Major were taking two weeks of leave at the same time.

It could mean only one thing to Harriet, they were going away together for a romantic getaway or they were going away to get married and go on their honeymoon.

Harriet saw them walking into the bullpen together. She walked over to Mac’s office and knocked on the door. She wanted to pump her for information about their vacation plans. She was so excited.

“Enter.” commanded Mac.

“Good morning Ma’am, How are you today?” asked Harriet hoping to avoid suspicion.

“I’m just fine Harriet. Why are you so chipper today?” asked Mac.

“Tiner posted the leave schedule for the rest of the year.” replied Harriet coyly.

“So where are you and Bud going Harriet?” asked Mac sincerely.

“Huh? No Ma’am, Bud and I aren’t going anywhere this year. My folks are coming from Florida to be with us for the holidays.” replied a confused Harriet.

“Then why are you so excited with the leave schedule?” asked Mac. She loved teasing Harriet. She could be quite ditzy at times.

“We’re all so happy to see that you and the Commander are going away together for the holidays.” smiled Harriet.

“Who’s we Harriet?” teased Mac.

“All your friends here at JAG.” replied a chipper Harriet.

“I have no friends Harriet, I’m a marine. Marines and squids aren’t friends.” replied Mac. She loved playing mind games with Harriet.

“Huh? I thought we were friends Ma’am.” whimpered Harriet.

“I’m only teasing Harriet.” smiled Mac.

“Yes Ma’am.” replied Harriet uneasily wondering why Mac wasn’t taking her seriously.

“Now why would anyone be happy to see us go away together Harriet?” asked Mac as she shook her head in disbelief.

“We all know how much you both love each other.” replied Harriet sincerely.

“Where did you come up with that fantasy Harriet?” asked Mac in a state of wonderment. The things Harriet spent her time thinking about.

“We see how the two of you look at each other and how you listen when the other is speaking.” continued Harriet determined not to be denied.

“Where in the world do you come up with these fantasies Harriet? Harm and I are just good friends who happen to enjoy each other’s company from time to time. We could never live together.

We fight about everything Harriet, whose apartment, what defense strategy, what food to eat. We have been helping each other deal with problems from our past, for which I’m grateful.

But to fight with Harm every day would be too much for me to deal with. We would end up killing each other Harriet.” replied Mac trying to squash the idea that Harriet had about how she and Harm felt.

“But you love each other, you both are taking leave together Ma’am.” whined Harriet.

“No Harriet, we are not! We are only taking leave at the same time, but not together. He’s going home to spend time with his family and I am going skiing up in New England.” stated Mac adamantly.

“I’m sorry that I came to the wrong conclusion Ma’am.” wailed Harriet.

“That’s okay Harriet.” comforted Mac. “Harm and I are both set in our ways. We like our lives the way they are.”

Mac went out into the bullpen area. “May I have everyone’s attention please.” bellowed Mac.

“AT EASE.” yelled Gunny.

“Thank you Gunny. As you all are well aware, the Commander and I have put in for leave for approximately the same time. This doesn’t mean that we are going away together for a romantic getaway.

All it really means is since we work together a lot of our caseloads free up at the same time. Therefore we end up having time to take leave at the same time. Since neither of us has taken a Christmas vacation in a few years we both decided to go away this year.

We are not going away together. Harm is spending Christmas with his family and I’m going away skiing. Again I say we are not going away for a romantic getaway or getting married. Thank you for time and patience. Have a nice day.” concluded Mac.

There was a hush and then a buzz started as they all started talking about what had just happen.

“What’s the matter honey?” asked a befuddled Bud.

“I thought for sure that they were going away together.” wailed Harriet.

“I’ve told you a hundred times before Harriet, don’t get emotionally involve in their relationship. They are good friends who enjoy working together.” reprimanded Bud with love that only a patient man could have.

“I know that Bud, but if they could only see what everyone else sees.” replied Harriet as she continued to wallow in despair.

“May be they do love each other, but aren’t ready for that kind of relationship at this point in their lives Harriet. May be in another universe they could be married and be working together, but not here and not now while they are in the service.” responded Bud as he tried to console Harriet.

Carolyn overheard parts of Bud and Harriet’s conversation. She went over to talk with Harriet after Bud left. She attempted to ease her grief.

“Don’t worry Harriet. I think Sarah is just throwing up a smoke screen.” smiled Carolyn.

“What do you mean Ma’am?” asked a sullen Harriet.

“You know Sarah as well as I do. She tends to protest too much when the rumors about her are true. She tends to ignore rumors when they aren’t true.

She is the first one to head off a source when a rumor might be true. Didn’t you see where she went after she made her little announcement.” smiled Carolyn.

“No Ma’am, I was too upset.” wailed Harriet.

“She went into Harm’s office. Probably to report that the mission was accomplished. Didn’t you have a conversation with her before she made her announcement.” asked Carolyn.

“Yes, I mentioned that they were in love with each other and were going away together.” replied Harriet sullenly.

“And what did she say?” asked Carolyn.

“She said they were just good friends. She said they fight a lot.” replied Harriet not sure where this line of questioning was going.

“But did she ever deny that she loved him?” asked Carolyn.

“No, I don’t think so.” replied Harriet now totally confused.

Harriet didn’t like to think about logic. It made her head hurt too much. Somehow she suspected that Carolyn was leading her through a logical argument that all lawyers were famous for.

“Which means what?” asked Carolyn trying to get Harriet to think for a change. She could be so ditzy at times.

“So you think that they are really going away together?” thought Harriet.

“Yes, and they are getting married.” grinned Carolyn.

“How can you tell Ma’am?” asked a very confused Harriet.

“Sarah has been very happy lately. Which usually has something to do with Harm. They must have finally gotten together. She has the look of a woman in love.” smiled Carolyn coyly.

“I think you are right Ma’am. She has been very happy lately. But are you sure they are going away together. She says all they do is fight a lot when they’re together for any length of time.” whined Harriet.

“All couples fight Harriet. You and Bud disagree all the time, but you still love each other.” replied Carolyn.

“Yes Ma’am. What are we going to do?” asked Harriet.

“Nothing for now Harriet. Let them enjoy being together without worrying about whether or not anyone knows. We can plan something for them when they returned from leave.” smirked Carolyn.

“Okay Ma’am.” replied a happier Harriet. Harriet was happy again. Her world had once again come into balance. All was right with the world.

Meanwhile in Harm’s office.

“Do you think they believed you Sarah?” asked Harm.

“I’m sure of it. You should have seen the look on Harriet’s face. She was so disappointed.” smiled Mac.

“I know she’s disappointed, but it’s the best way to put a lid on it. I’m sure she’ll get over it.” smiled Harm.

“That’s not very nice Harm, but you’re right. You have to stop the rumor at its source. You want to come over to my place for dinner tonight?” asked Mac hopefully.

“Okay ninja girl.” replied Harm.

24 Nov 1997
Grandma Sarah’s farm

They were having a mild Autumn on the east coast this year. The weather was beautiful. The forecast for the long weekend was sunny and high’s in the seventies. Harm and Mac decided to fly up to Grandma Sarah’s farm in Harm’s bi-plane for Thanksgiving.

Harm wanted his grandmother to meet his marine, Sarah. They also wanted to store Mac’s wedding gown and Harm’s dress whites at the farm for the wedding. They had a wonderful long weekend together as the two Sarah’s got to know one another better.

“Harm was right about you Sarah.” started Grandma Sarah.

“How’s that Sarah?” asked Mac.

“Well you know Harm. He usually likes to embellish when he talks about things he loves.” continued Grandma Sarah with a chuckle.

“And?” wondered Mac curiously.

“Everything he has told me about you is true.” smiled Grandma Sarah.

“What did he say?” asked a curious Mac.

“That you are the most wonderful woman that he has ever met. You’re beautiful, intelligent, supportive, loyal, and an excellent lawyer.” smiled Grandma Sarah.

“Thank you Sarah, Harm is pretty wonderful himself. I never knew what real happiness was all about until I met Harm. I thought I could survive all by myself. I didn’t think I needed anyone in my life.” replied a happy Mac.

“Everyone needs someone Sarah.” replied Grandma Sarah.

“Before I met Harm I didn’t think so, but now I do. I was a tough ass kicking marine and proud of it. But Harm showed me that you’re not weak if you showed a little weakness. If you share your fears and regrets with someone, then you can overcome them and become happier with yourself.

Before I met Harm I didn’t believe I deserved to be love by someone as wonderful and decent as Harm. Harm showed me I was wrong. With a lot of love and patience I began to believe that I was deserving of being loved by a good man like everyone else. For that I’m very grateful to him.” continued a proud Mac.

“Well you deserve it Sarah. You’re a very special young lady.” responded Grandma Sarah.

“Thank you Sarah. I’m so happy to have finally met you. It’s been very generous of you to accept me here at this time of year and again next month. I can understand why Harm loves you so much.” smiled Mac.

“It was my pleasure dear. I have always felt good when Harm has wanted to share his friends with me. And holidays are the best time to open your doors to others.” stated Grandma Sarah.

23 Dec 1997
JAG Headquarters

A couple of days before Christmas Harriet and Carolyn met in the coffee room to discuss Mac and the welcome back party for the newly weds. Harriet was so excited.

She had been so depressed when Mac had told her that she and the Commander weren’t going away with each other. But Carolyn had convinced her otherwise. She was so psych. Her two best friends were going to be married.

“I think you were right about what’s going to happen next week with the Commander and Major.” started an excited Harriet.

“Why is that Harriet?” asked an amused Carolyn. She was amazed at how quickly Harriet’s ditzy mind could go from one emotional state to another.

“I found out that the Commander took the Major to his grandmother’s farm for Thanksgiving. Also it seems like the Major is even happier now then she was before. She can’t be going away on leave by herself.” continued Harriet.

“I see you have a keen eye and you are developing good investigating skills like your husband. Mac has been walking around the office like she was on cloud nine.” laughed Carolyn.

“Thank you Ma’am. So what are we going to do for them?” asked Harriet.

“We’re going to throw them a welcome back party the Friday they return to work.” smiled Carolyn.

“I don’t think we should invite the Admiral though.” replied Harriet thinking out loud.

“You’re right about that. He could cause them some grief. But if we pretend and make the party a gag wedding reception. Then we could invite him. We can have everyone give them gag gifts like we were pretending they got married. It could be a lot of fun.” chuckled Carolyn.

“That’s sounds like a great idea Ma’am!” replied a very excited Harriet.

“Sounds like a plan. I’ll arrange for a place, food, and entertainment. You can talk to everyone tomorrow after Harm and Sarah leave. You can tell them what we have planned.” ordered Carolyn.

“Will do Ma’am.” smiled Harriet.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
New Beginnings : part 3skates19:37:21 06/07/08 Sat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.