VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: New Beginnings : part 3

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:37:21 06/07/08 Sat
In reply to: skates 's message, "New Beginnings : part 1" on 18:08:46 06/01/08 Sun

part three

24 Dec 1997
Grandma Sarah’s farm

Harm and Mac were driving up to the farm. The traffic was light once they got away from the city limits. They stopped about half way to take a break and to get something to eat. Mac was hungry as usual.

“So how are you doing Sarah?” asked Harm.

“I’m pretty nervous Harm. Meeting your mother and Frank for the first time is pretty scary. Plus getting married to the most wonderful man in the world has me flying so high emotionally I don’t think I will ever come down.” replied a nervous Mac.

“Thank you Sarah, but you should relax. I’ve told my mom all about you and she’s just as crazy about meeting you. She is meeting the woman who has tamed her wild son.” chuckled Harm.

He loved looking at Mac. She was so beautiful. And seeing her nervous like this was a new experience.

“That sweet of you to say Harm, but I’m still going to be very nervous until I pass mustard.” smiled a nervous Mac.

“I’m sure my mom is just as nervous to be meeting you finally.” smiled Harm.

Several hours later they pulled into the driveway to the farm. It had begun to snow lightly. As they were walking up the stairs of the porch the door opened. Standing in the doorway were Trish, Grandma Sarah, Frank and Uncle Matt. Harm and Mac greeted each one of them.

“Good afternoon Harm, how was your trip?” asked Trish as she gave her son a hug.

“It was good Mom. Mom, I would like you to meet Sarah Mackenzie. Sarah, this is my mother and this is Frank, her husband.” introduced Harm.

“Hello Sarah, it’s so good to finally meet you. Harm has told us so much about you.” exclaimed Trish as she hugged Mac.

“Hello Mrs. Burnett, Mr. Burnett, Sarah.” greeted Mac nervously.

“Please call us Trish and Frank.” corrected Trish.

“Okay Trish. It’s a pleasure to meet both of you.” replied Mac as she looked over to Harm.

“Harm was right, you are very beautiful Sarah.” Frank commented to Mac.

“Thank you Frank.” replied Mac blushing.

They all went in to the house and gathered around the fire. Harm and Mac talked about the events of the past year. How their love for each other had grown. Finally they sat down for Christmas Eve dinner.

“Mom, Frank, I hope you don’t have any plans for the twenty-seventh?” began Harm.

“No honey, Why?” asked Trish.

“It’s the day Sarah and I are getting married.” replied Harm happily.

“That’s wonderful Harm! I’m so happy for you and Sarah. We were planning on staying for a few extra days anyways. We love it here after it snows. Christmas is going to very special this year.” cried Trish happily.

“Thank you mom. It’s really nice that you’re going to be here.” replied Harm.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else dear. Your grandmother did hint around that we should plan on staying around for a few extra days.” chuckled Trish.

25 Dec 1997
Grandma Sarah’s farm

The next day they celebrated Christmas feasting on turkey, potatoes, squash, turnips, sweet potatoes, onions, and cranberry sauce. An hour after dinner they were sitting around the fireplace.

They ate apple pie for dessert. They were all quite amazed at how Mac could eat so much and still stay so lean. Later they exchanged gifts and sang Christmas carols.

27 Dec 1997
Local church

Two days later they all gathered at the local church. Uncle Matt was there to walk Mac down the aisle to Harm. Frank was standing there with Harm. He was going to be the best man.

In the dressing room Trish and Grandma Sarah were helping Mac with last minute details before she was to walk down the aisle. Mac was very nervous.

“Sarah, you look so beautiful. Harm is going to be very happy when he sees how beautiful you look.” stated Trish.

“Thank you Trish, but knowing my flyboy like I do, all he’ll do is stand there drooling with a big flyboy grin on his face.” giggled Mac.

“Sarah, Grandma Sarah and I would like you to have this ring. It’s been in the Rabb family for over two hundred years. Harm’s grandfather gave it to his Sarah. Harm senior gave it to me. And now we would like you to have it from all of us.” smile Trish as she put the ring on Mac’s finger.

“Thank you very much Trish, Sarah. I will always treasure this ring with all my heart. It will always remind me that I belong to a very wonderful and special family now.” replied Mac as tears came to her eyes.

“I think we should get going now before my son chickens out. We love you Sarah.” chuckled Trish as she hugged Mac.

“I don’t think that would ever happen. We’re soul mates. We will never be parted.” smiled Mac hoping Trish was not right.

“He’s always been there for me.” They all had tears in their eyes as they realized how special it was to be together today.

Harm was standing at the altar with Frank. He looked up to see Mac being led down the aisle on her uncle’s arm. She looked so beautiful. He had to wonder how he got so lucky to have someone as wonderful as Sarah fall in love with him and want to marry him.

He blessed himself to have Mac as the love of his life. When Mac reached Harm she smiled and mouthed “I love you flyboy.”

The minister performed the ceremony. Harm and Mac exchanged their heart felt vows. When the ceremony was over they gave each other a nice long loving kiss after they were pronounced man and wife.

They went into town and had a nice dinner in the classiest restaurant in town. They all danced the night away before Harm and Mac left for their honeymoon the next day.

Before they left Harm asked Frank to create a paper trail showing that Sarah spent two weeks in Vermont skiing. They flew over to London on the corporate jet. They spent five glorious days doing the married thing.

When they got back to DC they moved into their new adjoining apartments. Harm put in a door between the two apartments so they could move freely about between the two. It would give the appearance that they were still living separately to the rest of the world.

2 Jan 1998
JAG Headquarters

Meanwhile while Harm and Mac were away on their honeymoon Carolyn and Harriet were busy little bees. They found a small reception hall for the party to welcome back the newlyweds.

They invited the JAG staff and their families. Everyone was asked to bring along a gag gift for Harm and Mac. They asked for one hundred dollars a couple to defray the cost of the party.

They had enough money left over to buy a nice wedding present for Harm and Mac. Which they would give Harm and Mac after the party when the Admiral wasn’t around.

When Harm and Mac got back from their vacation, Carolyn informed them about the holiday party they were having. Attendance was mandatory. She asked Harm to bring Sarah to the party with him. The party would begin at 2000 hours. She had informed everyone else to be there by 1930 hours.

1900 hours
6 Jan 1998
The reception hall

All the JAG staff and their families arrived at the hall by 1930 hours. Carolyn gave them all a quick run down about the events that were scheduled for that evening. The hall was well decorated with a honeymoon theme.

There was a large banner that read “Welcome Back the Newlyweds-Harm and Sarah-We Love You”. There was a head table set up for them and the senior staff. The food was ready to be served buffet style. The DJ was playing easy listening music.

At 1955 hours there was a drum roll as Harm and Mac made an appearance into the hall.

The DJ announced “And now appearing for the first time in public as a married couple, let’s welcome Harmon and Sarah Rabb”.

Everyone stood up and clapped. Harm and Mac were stunned. This was the last thing in the world that they had been expecting. What was going on here? Who was responsible for all of this? They smiled to everyone as they were led to the head table.

“This is a nice surprise everyone but the Major and I didn’t get married while we were away.” started Harm.

“Come on Harm, don’t spoiled the fun.” replied a saucy Carolyn with a smile.

“Yeah! Get with the program Rabb.” bellowed a toasted Admiral.

“Yes Sir.” replied Harm as he looked strangely at the Admiral. Harm and Mac began to whisper back and forth to each other.

“The Admiral looks as though he’s feeling pretty good.” whispered Harm.

“Yes he does. Do you think they really know that we got married Harm?” asked Mac.

“No, I think that they are just playing with us. Living out some misguided fantasy through us.” replied Harm.

“Are you sure?” asked Mac.

“Yes. They really don’t have any way of knowing for sure what we did with our time off. The only paper trail for them to follow is the one I ask Frank to create.” smiled Harm.

“What trail was that?” asked Mac.

“One that says you spent two weeks in Vermont skiing.” smiled Harm.

“That was a great idea Harm. I can show the receipts to Carolyn when they come back. Unless they were spying on us and followed us.” replied a worried Mac.

“They wouldn’t do anything like that. They just want us to be happy together. It gives them hope that someday they will find the same kind of happiness of their own like we have found with each other.” replied Harm with a kiss.

“We can show a little displeasure and annoyance, but we should also enjoy being here with our friends.” Mac whispered to Harm.

“You’re right ninja girl.” replied Harm.

He gave her a small peck on her cheek. Over the next hour everyone got something to eat, drink, and congratulated Harm and Mac. They were all having a good time.

By 2130 hours everyone had finished eating and were dancing. It was now time to open the gifts. Carolyn had Harriet wheeled over a table with gifts on it.

“Everyone please be seated. It’s time to give the happy couple their Wedding gifts. We’ll start with the gift certificates. There are five of them. There is one for diapers, one for baby food, one for CVS baby items, and two for BabyTimes.” chuckled Carolyn shaking her head.

“I think they are trying to tell us something.” Mac whispered to Harm.

“I can’t imagine what that might be Mac.” Harm whispered back as he shook his head.

Everyone laugh at the conversation between Harm and Mac. They look very happy and in love. They had opened about more ten boxes before Mac responded.

“What is it with all these baby clothes and baby items?” asked Mac.

“I guess they think you must be having a baby Sarah.” laughed Carolyn.

“I thought this was supposed to be a wedding reception Carolyn.” pondered Mac.

“It is Sarah.” chuckled Carolyn.

“Then why does it seem like a baby shower.” asked a very confused Mac.

“I don’t know why Sarah. Maybe they all think you should have a baby now that you’re married.” smiled Carolyn.

“But I’m not even married Carolyn.” wailed Mac despondently.

“Huh, huh, I don’t know what else to tell you Sarah. Come on let’s open some more boxes.” encouraged Carolyn.

“Whoa Mac! Look at these outfits.” Harm yelled out with excitement.

“Right out of Victoria Secrets Sarah. It looks like you have a different outfit for every night of the week. Hymmmm ..... Harm should have a lot of fun getting you out of them.” giggled Carolyn.

“They look like they will fit Sarah very nicely.” grinned a drooling Harm.

“Please don’t encourage him Carolyn.” ordered Mac.

Sarah was blushing a nice shade of red. This was so unexpected. She couldn’t believe anyone would ever dream to give her something so sexually provocative.

Even though she had been wild and crazy when she was younger, she was much more conservative today. She usually slept in an oversized T-shirt and sweatpants.

“Why Sarah? I’m sure Harm has noticed what a lovely full figure you have.” teased Carolyn.

“Carolyn, how can you say such a thing. You know we aren’t even seeing each other. And besides I don’t wear frilly little things like this.” replied Mac a little angry.

“I never did either until I got married Ma’am.” smiled Harriet.

Everyone laughed when they heard the comments about the skimpy outfits that Mac and Harriet made.

As much as they all believe Harriet might be game about wearing something so provocative for Bud, they all assume Mac was more the long flannel t-shirt and boxer shorts type who didn’t like to flaunt her sexuality.

“Hey! Don’t I get anything.” whined Harm.

“I think the frilly little things are your gift Commander.” replied a toasted Admiral.

“Now that would be an interesting sight to see, Harm in a frilly little thing.” teased Carolyn.

“Whoa! Red light Carolyn! Red light!” exclaimed an embarrassed Mac.

“Ok Sarah. Well we do have one gift left for you.” chuckled Carolyn.

“It looks like a book.” stated Harriet.

“How to furnish a nursery.” smiled Carolyn.

“Well Sarah, I guess everyone here is trying to tell you something.” smiled Harm.

“You think so flyboy?” asked Mac.

“Yes ninja girl. Do you think we should do anything about it?” whispered Harm in Mac’s ear.

“Nope, I enjoy working with you too much to give it up. You’ve taken me all over the world. You’ve shown me so many wonderful sights. Why would I want to give it all that up to raise kids? I’m not ready for that yet.” replied Mac.

“Well folks we tried. It’s time for the wedding cake.” exclaimed Carolyn as she waved her hands.

“What! There’s more?” exclaimed a surprised Mac.

They brought the wedding cake out and over to the head table. Harm and Mac cut several slices of cake before placing the knife down on the table. As Harm fed Mac a slice of cake.

He held it close to her so she could take a bite, there was a chant from a few people “Shoved it in her face Rabb!”

“What! Are you crazy? Do I look like a fool? I know better than to get a marine mad at me.” replied Harm as he feigned alarm.

Mac smiled, Harm knew her so well. Everyone laughed when they heard Harm. They knew he was right. Mac took a bite of the cake. Then she held up a slice of cake for Harm to eat.

Again the chanting began “Shove it in his face Mac.”

“I think I heard that one before. I couldn’t possibly do that to an officer and gentleman. Besides someday I may want to marry this flyboy.

He’ll remember that I shoved some cake in his face and he won’t want to marry me. I can’t eliminate that possibility before it happens.” smiled Mac.

Everyone hooted as Harm took a bite of cake. Afterwards they spent the rest of the night dancing.

“Don’t they make a lovely couple?” sighed Carolyn.

“Yes they do Ma’am. Do you think we should follow them home tonight?” asked Harriet.

“Why Harriet, do you want to see how adults make love?” smiled Carolyn.

“No, I think we should let them have their time together while they can.” replied Carolyn.

“Okay.” replied a disappointed Harriet.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
New Beginnings : part 4skates18:46:53 06/10/08 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.