VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: New Beginnings : part 4

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:46:53 06/10/08 Tue
In reply to: skates 's message, "New Beginnings : part 1" on 18:08:46 06/01/08 Sun

part four

Over the next several of years Harm and Mac worked very closely together. They traveled all over the world, Japan, Iran, Russia,
Columbia, etc ..... investigating and finding the truth.

They kept their disagreements to a minimum while at work. They didn’t want to draw any unwanted attention to themselves. Harm called his beautiful wife Mac at work but call her Sarah when they were at home.

Mac always like the way Harm called her by her given name. She always felt very special whenever he did. They always tried to maintain proper decorum at work conducting themselves like true professionals.

Whenever they had a disagreement about how to handle a case they would seek out a third person’s point of view. This was usually Bud. They knew which ever one Bud agreed with the other was right.

During this time Harriet, the office busy body, was wondering why Harm and Mac couldn’t see how much they love each other. She would questioned Mac about when she and the Commander were going to get together. After a while this became very tiring to Mac.

“So Ma’am, how’s the Commander today?” asked Harriet curiously.

“He’s doing just fine Harriet. You see him as often as I do.” responded Mac with an edge.

“Are you two getting along alright Ma’am?” asked a concerned Harriet.

“Everything is fine Harriet. We have agreed to be more professional towards each other when we disagree in the office so we won’t be so disruptive to others.” replied Mac as she began to realize where this conversation was going.

“So when are you and the Commander going to get together, start dating, get married, and have a family?” asked Harriet with a big smile.

“Harriet!” exclaimed Mac.

“You love him don’t you Ma’am?” replied Harriet.

“Of course I do Harriet. You know I do.” replied Mac.

“Then why aren’t you two dating? I’m sure he loves you too.” wailed Harriet.

“I don’t know about that Harriet. He has never expressed to me how he feels about me.” replied Mac.

“You could take the initiative Ma’am.” stated Harriet.

“We are very comfortable with the way our relationship is right now Harriet.” responded Mac.

“But you could have so much more Ma’am.” wailed Harriet.

“We spend a lot of time together here at work. We also work late into the night and weekends at his or my apartment whenever we have difficult cases. We eat a lot of dinners together because of it.

Sometimes we will even spend a weekend together just for the fun of it. Like last weekend he took me flying in his bi-plane. He sat the plane down in a field and we had a picnic. We had a lot of fun.” replied Mac as her mind drifted off to a more pleasant time.

“Wouldn’t you like to have it that way all the time Ma’am?” asked Harriet.

“No way Harriet. If I had it like that all the time it wouldn’t be special. Besides I don’t think I could take Harm twenty four seven. I like Harm a lot but right now our careers are more important.

They are soaring. And I don’t want to be tied down raising children yet.” replied Mac adamantly.

“But you could have so much more.” whined Harriet.

“May be some day Harriet but not now. I don’t see it in the foreseeable future.” smiled Mac.

“I just want you to be as happy as Bud and I am.” wailed Harriet.

“That very sweet of you Harriet, but Harm and I are perfectly happy with how our relationship is. We don’t plan on changing it anytime soon. When we do we will. And please Harriet make sure Carolyn understands this too.

You both are good friends but enough is enough. You need to get on with your own lives.” replied Mac impatiently.

“Yes Ma’am.” replied Harriet.

Later Mac had a talk with Harm about her conversation with Harriet. It still amazed her that they didn’t know that she and Harm were really married. They were very happy that they had been able to keep their marriage a secret.

Spring 2002
At the Rabb’s residence

A year later Mac became pregnant. When she told Harm about it. She wondered what they should do next.

“We’ve kept our marriage a secret for four years Harm. I don’t know what we’re going to do now that I’m pregnant. In a few months I won’t be able to hide it anymore.” sighed Mac.

“Well that the price you have to pay for being so gorgeous ninja girl. Everyone wants to keep an eye on you. I think we should go out and celebrate.

We could announce that you are pregnant or we can say nothing and let them figure it out for themselves in due time.” replied a very happy Harm.

“What would I say when they ask me who the father is?” asked Mac.

“That you know whom the father is and that no one else needs to know. But when the time is right they will be made aware of whom he is.” replied Harm.

“I’m sure they all will think you are the father.” replied Mac.

“That’s okay, I’m use to playing dumb about these things. We could say they shouldn’t jump to conclusions.” smiled Harm as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I think at some point we should let the Admiral know.” stated Mac.

“Maybe, but then again let’s let him come to us.” replied Harm.

“What then?” asked Mac.

“We can tell him we recently got married after you found out you were pregnant.” replied Harm as he gave her a little kiss.

“That we had only recently begun to explore our feelings for each other when I got pregnant. We wanted to make sure that being together would work.” continued Mac.

“We didn’t want to break up our partnership until we knew we were compatible as a couple.” replied Harm on a roll.

“I’ve always enjoyed working with you flyboy.” reminisced Mac.

“Me too ninja girl.” agreed Harm.

“Spending so much time together with you these last few years has been wonderful. I’m going to miss it.” moaned Mac.

“I’m going to miss spending so much time with you too, but I think we are ready to start a new phase in our relationship.” replied Harm as he kissed her.

“Yes, having a child to raise together is going to be great. I can’t wait. So we will wait to tell the Admiral.” asked Mac.

“Yes, Sounds like a good plan to me. I love you Sarah.” agreed Harm.

“I love you too Harm.” cried Mac.

Admiral’s Office

A few months later Mac was beginning to show. She had put on ten pounds and all her uniforms were beginning to fit quite snugly. The Admiral was beginning to suspect something was amiss. He called her into his office.

“So what’s the story Colonel?” asked the Admiral.

“What do you mean Sir?” asked a puzzled Mac.

“Your uniform appears to be fitting a little more snug lately Major. You look like you been putting on weight. Is there anything you want to tell me Colonel.” asked the Admiral curiously.

“Thank you Sir, just what every woman wants to hear from a man first thing in the morning, that she’s getting fat.” replied an indignant Mac.

“I’m sorry Colonel.” replied the Admiral. “I don’t know what came over me to say something so rude.”

“It’s okay Sir, you’re right. I have been putting on weight. I’m pregnant.” replied Mac.

“Have you told the Commander?” asked the Admiral.

“The Commander, why Sir?” asked Mac.

“He is the father of your child isn’t he?” asked the Admiral.

“Why would you assume that Sir?” asked Mac.

“You two do spend a lot of time together.” replied the Admiral.

“Well Sir, believe it or not, but I do have a life outside this office. I happen to like to keep it private.” responded Mac indignantly.

“I do respect your privacy Colonel.” replied the Admiral.

“Thank you Sir. And yes Harm knows that I’m pregnant.” replied Mac.

“And how did this come about?” asked the Admiral.

“I think you know how Sir. After all you do have a daughter.” replied Mac.

“You know what I mean Colonel.” replied the Admiral.

“Well Sir, the with all our travels all over the world, it drew us closer together. We decided to explore our feelings for each other. A couple of months later I became pregnant.” responded Mac.

“What are your plans?” asked the Admiral.

“Well Sir, you know Harm. He wanted to get married right away and make an honest woman of me. I want to wait and see how we make it as a couple first.

Last month while we were doing an investigation at Miramar we took the afternoon off and went to see his parents. We decided to get married.” answered Mac.

“Why haven’t you informed me of this before now Colonel?” asked the Admiral curiously.

“We have been taking care of a lot of paperwork associate with getting married. We’ve also been looking at houses and baby items. We were going to tell you about it tomorrow when we had everything squared away.

We just wanted to make sure we were compatible. We like our privacy where it concerns our relationship. Too many people in the past have tried to push us together faster than we were wiling to go.

We have always been comfortable with the pace that our relationship was moving at.” responded Mac.

“That’s true. Most people couldn’t understand why you two couldn’t see how much you loved each other.” replied the Admiral.

“Believe me Sir, we both have been well aware of how we feel about each other. It was love at first sight for both of us, but we both had a lot of baggage to work through first. That didn’t happen overnight.

It wasn’t until Harm’s crash coming back from his Quals that we felt the urgency. It was the first time that the reality of one of us not being in the other’s life really set in.

It was something neither one of us wanted. So we decided to explore our feelings for one another on a more emotional level.” responded Mac.

“Are you happy you did?” asked the Admiral.

“Yes Sir, I am. We’ve been very happy together. We are glad that we waited. It’s been wonderful.” smiled Mac.

“Well congratulations Colonel on your marriage and baby to be. I’ll do my best to keep you both here. You two are my best team. I’ll probably have to break you up and assign you new partners.

But I’m sure on the high profile cases I’ll be able to team you two together.” replied the Admiral.

“Thank you Sir.” said Mac gratefully.

“Dismiss Colonel.” ordered the Admiral.

Mac left the Admiral’s office and went to see Harm.

“I’ve just had an interesting talk with the Admiral.” started Mac.

“What about Mac?” asked Harm.

“He finally figured out that I was pregnant. He said I was getting fat.” pouted Mac.

“Is that right? What did you say?” asked Harm.

“It’s not nice to tell a woman she’s getting fat. He then assumed that you were the father.” replied Mac.

“What did you tell him them?” asked Harm.

“I asked him why does everyone assume my life revolves around you. I do on occasion have a social life that doesn’t include you.” laughed Mac.

“What did he say to that?” asked Harm.

“He apologized. I did tell him that in this case though he was right. That you were the father and that I had told you. I also told him we had recently begun to explore our feelings when I got pregnant. And then we got married.” replied Mac.

“How did take the news?” asked Harm.

“Better than I thought he would. Though he was disappointed he wasn’t invited to the wedding. I told him it wasn’t anything personal. It was only because we are very private people. We don’t like to draw attention to our personal lives.” replied Mac.

“So what is he going to do with us?” asked Harm wishing that he could take her into his arms and kiss her.

“He said he’ll try to keep us both, but he’ll probably have to assign us new partners. We will be able to work the high profile cases together.” smiled Mac.

“That sounds great ninja girl.” replied Harm.

“I love you Harm.” replied Mac.

“I love you too Sarah.” returned Harm.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
New Beginnings : part 5skates09:23:04 06/13/08 Fri

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.