VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: New Beginnings : part 5

Author:
skates
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:23:04 06/13/08 Fri
In reply to: skates 's message, "New Beginnings : part 1" on 18:08:46 06/01/08 Sun

part five

Jag Headquarters

A month later Harm and Mac decided to tell the JAG staff that they had gotten married and that they were going to have a baby. They were sure everyone would be happy for them when they heard the news.

“Everyone, may I please have your attention. The Colonel and I have an announcement for all of you.” bellowed Harm as he tried to get everyone’s attention.

“What is it Sir?” asked Bud as he stuttered nervously.

“Harm and I have recently gotten married. And as I’m sure most of you have noticed, I’m expecting a baby in a few months.” announce Mac with a smile.

“Congratulations Sarah. I’m so happy for you and Harm.” smiled Carolyn as she gave her a hug. Everyone gathered around them and offered their congratulations. They all hugged Mac and shook Harm’s hand.

“Sarah, we need to get together and have a baby shower for you.” Carolyn whispered to Mac.

“Thank you Carolyn, I appreciate your kindness, but isn’t that what we did a few years ago.” replied a grateful Mac.

“What do you mean Sarah?” asked a puzzled Carolyn.

“When you and Harriet thought that Harm and I had gotten married. Just about every gift was a baby item.” smiled Mac.

“I had forgotten about that. But that’s old news Sarah. We need a reason to get together and celebrate. And a baby is the best reason of all to do so.” replied a gleeful Carolyn.

Later in month they had the baby shower at Bud and Harriet’s house. They decided to make it co-ed. Carolyn had arranged for everyone to get there at least a half hour before Harm arrived with Mac.

The men spent most of the afternoon outside around the grill drinking beer and grilling steaks. The women stayed inside in the living room.

They opened all the gifts while the mothers told horror stories of the pain they went through when they gave birth to their children. Mac had an uneasy look on her face when she heard this. They also told stories about how wonderful their lives had changed afterwards.

At the Rabb’s Residence

A few months later Harm and Mac’s families arrived in DC. They help them get the nursery ready in the new house that Harm and Mac had bought the month before.

“It’s time Harm. We need to get to the hospital.” moaned Mac.

“Okay, let me call my mom so she can let everyone else know.” replied a calm Harm.

Three hours later Mac gave birth to a little baby girl. She looked like Mac, but had blue eyes. They named her Victoria Sarah Rabb. Their families had joined them later in Mac’s hospital room.

“So how’s my baby doing?” asked Deanne as she hugged Mac.

“I’m doing okay now mom. Now that my little girl has been born. The labor pains were unbelievable.” moaned Mac.

“Worse then being shot in the leg?” asked a curious Harm.

“Yes, very much so.” stated Mac.

“But it’s well worth it baby. Your little girl is so beautiful. She looks like you but has Harm’s blue eyes.” smiled Deanne.

“Thank you mom. She’s perfect.” replied Mac with a smile.

“Have you named her yet Sarah?” asked Trish.

“Yes, We name her Victoria Sarah Rabb.” replied Mac.

“We wanted to make sure that there will always be a Sarah Rabb around.” chuckled Harm as he kissed Mac’s cheek.

“That’s a beautiful name Harm and thank you.” replied a happy Grandmother Sarah.

A few weeks later after Harm took Mac and the baby home. They invited their family and friends over for a cookout. They wanted everyone to meet the newest Rabb.

Everyone had a great time. They congratulated Harm and Mac on a job well done. Mac was sitting on the porch swing. Carolyn and Harriet had join her.

“So what’s your little girl’s name Sarah?” asked an envious Carolyn. She always wished that she had a little girl of her own.

“We named her Victoria Sarah Rabb.” replied Mac happily.

“That’s a beautiful name Sarah. How did you decide to name her Victoria?” asked Carolyn.

“It’s signifies everything that we’ve had to overcome to be together to have her.” answered Mac.

“Victoria is a beautiful name and she is a beautiful baby.” cooed Harriet.

“Thank you Harriet and Carolyn. Was Harm smoking a cigar outside Harriet?” asked Mac. She liked putting Harriet on the spot to watch her squirm.

“What? ummm... I don’t know ma’am.” answered a befuddled Harriet.

Harriet looked at Carolyn with a strange look on her face. She didn’t want to squeal on the Commander. He was a good friend. He was Bud’s mentor.

“It’s okay Harriet. I told him that it was okay to smoke one since he was handing out cigars to everyone to announce the birth of our daughter.” smiled Mac.

“Yes, he was smoking his cigar. He seemed to be really enjoying it.” giggled Carolyn.

“Good. I know he doesn’t smoke them anymore because I don’t like them. He needs to be able to indulge every once in awhile. This is a very special occasion for him too. He has work so hard getting everything ready for Victoria.” sighed Mac.

“Victoria looks like she’s getting sleepy.” Carolyn replied wishfully.

“I think you’re right. It’s time to put my little baby girl down for the rest of the afternoon.” replied Mac.

“Do you mind if I do it Sarah?” pleaded Carolyn.

“No, not at all Carolyn. There will be plenty of other opportunities for me to do it. I appreciate all the assistance I can get.” smiled Mac.

“You look so happy Sarah.” said Carolyn.

“I am Carolyn. I’ve never been happier, but I am tired. You just can’t imagine how much energy you spend taking care of your child.” answered a happy Mac.

“It’ll probably get easier. You have to remember Sarah your body is still recovering from giving birth. It has to have time to heal too.” replied Carolyn.

Later that afternoon everyone was enjoying themselves sitting around outside on the back porch drinking lemonade and beer. The conversation was interesting.

“It was about time son that you’ve made me a grandmother.” chuckled Trish.

“Come on mom, don’t start now. You know that I had to wait until you were old enough for the responsibility.” laughed Harm.

“Very funny son. It took you nearly five years. That’s a long time to practice having a child.” teased Trish.

“Yeah. You surely had enough women to practice with before you got it right.” chuckled the Admiral.

“I don’t know why you couldn’t see what was in front of you.” added Harriet.

“What was that Harriet?” asked a confused Harm.

“That you were in love with Sarah.” replied Carolyn.

“And that you should get married and have kids.” continued Harriet.

“What do you mean Harriet?” asked Trish who was now confused as well.

“That they waited over five years before they got married.” replied an giddy Harriet.

“What makes you think that Harriet?” asked Trish.

“Mom please don’t.” begged Harm. “It’s not something we talk about.”

“They have been in denial about how they really felt about each other for years.” continued Harriet.

“Harriet sweetie, the only one who didn’t know how much in love they were, were you and your friends.” smiled Trish.

“Mom please don’t go on.” pleaded Harm. Nothing good could come from this conversation, only grief.

“What’s wrong Harm? Aren’t you proud to be married to Sarah?” asked a hurt Trish.

“Yes I am Mom, but ..... never mind go ahead and tell them if you like.” replied Harm when he realized he was fighting a losing battle.

“Thank you Harmon. Harriet, they have been married for almost five years now.” replied Trish smugly.

“Rabb! What is this all about?” bellowed the Admiral.

“Can’t we wait and talk about it in the office Sir?” pleaded Harm.

“Okay Mr. Rabb, I’ll let it go for now, but you have a lot of explaining to do when you come in Monday.” bellowed the Admiral.

“Yes Sir.” replied a sullen Harm.

Harriet looked at Carolyn when it finally dawned on her.

“So Sarah, when exactly did you get married?” asked Carolyn curiously.

“I think you already know the answer to that question Carolyn.” replied Mac coyly.

“Was it when we threw that wedding reception for you and Harmon?” grinned Carolyn.

“Yes, somehow the two of you stumbled onto something and guessed it right back then. Though we don’t know how in the world the two of you figured it out.” replied Mac smiling.

“You were so happy back then Sarah. You were spending so much time with Harm and you didn’t have time to be seeing anyone else. When you came back from spending Thanksgiving at his grandmother’s farm even happier then you left.

Add to the fact you took two weeks leave at the same time. It all added up to one thing.” stated Carolyn with enthusiasm.

“But we told you differently.” said Mac.

“True, but if it’s any consolation to you. You did convince us at the party that we were wrong and that you didn’t get married. And you were awfully cold towards him at work for a long time at work after that.” smiled Carolyn.

“We didn’t want anyone to know we were married. We wanted to continue to work together. Which we wouldn’t have been able to do if it was common knowledge we were married.” replied Mac.

“Well you had us all fool Sarah. We only paid out on your pool five months ago.” laughed Carolyn.

“Sorry to keep you in suspense but I’m sure you understand Carolyn.” begged Mac.

“You told me you got married five months ago Rabb.” bellowed the Admiral.

“True. We did say that, but if you look through our service records Sir, you’ll see that we actually did get married 27 Dec 97. It has been there in our records all along for anyone to see.

We didn’t hide the fact that we were married. We just didn’t advertised the fact or say anything about getting married Sir.” replied Harm.

“Tiner knew about it within three months sir. And Gunny found out we were married within two weeks of being assigned here. They both agreed not to say anything about it.” continued Mac.

“I’ve known since I’ve arrived here three years ago Sir. I wanted to know everything about Commander Rabb. I’ve only talk about it to Gunny. I thought it was common knowledge they were married.” agreed Loren.

“I guess I owe you two an apology Mr. Rabb.” replied the Admiral.

“It’s okay Sir. We could have been more honest with you about it, but we only wanted to continue to work together.” replied Harm.

“We’ll talk about it some more Monday morning Commander.” bellowed the Admiral quietly.

Everyone laughed and shook their heads. They all had thought that Harm and Mac didn’t realized that they loved each other. Instead it was them who hadn’t realized how much they loved each other. Harm and Mac had fooled them all. They had been married five years before most of them knew.

The End

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.