VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: Separation and Hope : part 6

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:00:34 06/18/08 Wed
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Separation and Hope : part 1 and 2 of 15" on 18:53:48 06/10/08 Tue

part six

Saturday
18 Dec 1999
Sidney, Australia

A week before Christmas Harm left for his new assignment. He had been assigned to the JAG unit stationed in Australia as part of an exchange program. He was replacing the lawyer who was originally part of the exchange program that brought Brumby to JAG.

It appeared the Lieutenant got herself pregnant and requested a return to the states. She wanted her child born at home near her parents. The fact that Harm was available to replace her allowed her to come home.

Harm wasn’t exactly pleased to be going to Australia. He needed to find Sarah. She wasn’t at JAG Headquarters anymore. He didn’t think it was possible he could miss her this much. He hadn’t realized how much a part of his life she had become until she wasn’t there anymore.

He had welcomed the opportunity to fly again. At first he was too busy catching up and learning what he needed to know to fly to really miss her. But later on, particularly after his plane went down, she was all he ever thought of.

He wondered what she was thinking. How did she deal with the news of his plane going down? How did she deal with him being missing in action? Is that why he couldn’t find her now? Did she run away?

He knew Sarah didn’t deal very well with this kind of misfortune. He had thought she was on the edge before he left. Her father had just died. She had seen her mother for the first time in seventeen years.

Chloe had left DC to live with her grandparents in Vermont. Harriet was home taking care of her baby. He was leaving to return to flying. He thought she might have reached her limit for personal loss in her life.

The fact that he was shot down might have sent her packing and running away to parts unknown. Where was she? Where did she go? The only thing he could do was wait until he got to Australia.

Then he would call Bud and see if he knew anything. He needed her. He needed to talk to her. He needed to tell her how much he missed her and wanted her.

Monday
20 Dec 1999
Burnett residence
La Jolla California

A couple of days later Trish receive a telephone call from Sarah. Trish was just coming into the house when she heard the telephone ringing. She was wondering who was calling her so early in the morning.

“Hello, Trish Burnett speaking.” greeted Trish.

“Hello Trish, This is Sarah MacKenzie. I’m so sorry for calling you so early, but I needed to talk to you.” replied Sarah nervously. She wasn’t sure how she was going to handle this.

“That’s okay Sarah, it’s always so nice to hear from you. Harm was here last week visiting with me. You just missed him. He told me he really misses you Sarah.” responded Trish.

She was wondering what she could do to help. She had hoped that Harm would someday marry Sarah and give her the grandchildren that she wanted so badly. She had passed sixty this year. She wanted grandchildren while she was still young enough to enjoy them.

She figured if she didn’t find a way to get Harm and Sarah together, she might never have any grandchildren. She knew Harm was deeply in love with Sarah. She was his soul mate. She didn’t think Harm would be able to get over Sarah.

“That’s nice to hear. He has told me in the past that he should visit you more often. How is he?” asked Sarah softly.

She wanted to know, but she didn’t want to show how much she cared. Harm had moved on with his life. He wasn’t going to come back to her. She would have to make do with what life had to offer her.

“He’s doing okay Sarah. He’s back from the fleet. He’s a lawyer once again, thank god. He doesn’t seem to be very happy though. He’s being shipped out to Australia. He told me he wanted to see you before he left. He really misses you Sarah.” replied Trish.

“I don’t know much about that Trish. I haven’t heard from him in over four months. I guess he has moved on with his life. I’ve moved on with my life.” sighed Sarah.

“But that’s not what I call to talk about. I need to talk to you about something else a little more important, more personal, but I don’t really want to talk to you about it over the phone. I was wondering what your plans were for Christmas.” asked Sarah hopefully.

“Do you want to spend Christmas with us?” asked Trish hopefully.

She thought that if she was given the opportunity, she could help straighten out what was going on between Harm and Sarah. She could find a way for them to be together.

“Yes I would like to spend Christmas with you Trish, but I’m not allow to travel right now, so I’m not able to fly to California.” replied Sarah.

“So you want us to meet you in DC then?” asked Trish.

She didn’t care where they spent Christmas as long as she could solve the problem between Harm and Sarah. She wanted to get them back together. Obviously Harm screwed up somehow again, but he couldn’t make it up to Sarah if she wouldn’t talk to him.

“I’m not in DC anymore Trish. I’m in Europe.” replied Sarah.

“Europe?” exclaimed Trish in surprise.

“Naples, Italy to be more precise.” replied Sarah.

“What are you doing there?” asked Trish a little shocked.

“It’s complicated Trish. When Harm went back to flying there wasn’t any reason for me to stay in Washington anymore so I transferred to Europe. I needed a change and I thought I could use my language skills.

I needed to move on with my life. But that’s not why I called Trish. I need to talk to you about something very important, something that might involved you and Frank.” explained Sarah.

“What is it Sarah?” asked Trish. She was beginning to worry now.

“I can’t tell you over the phone. I’ll tell you when you get here.” replied Sarah.

“Okay Sarah, if that’s what you want. Frank and I can be there in a couple of days. Harm will be happy that I heard from you.” chirped Trish. It would be a start in the right direction.

“Please don’t tell him Trish. I don’t want him to know where I am.” pleaded Sarah.

“But why Sarah? He’s been frantic about finding you. He said he needed to see you, to talk to you. He misses you so much.” argued Trish.

“That’s only because I’m not there waiting for him anymore. He made his choice to return to flying tomcats. It was more important to him than being at Jag with me. He decided to move on. I’ve waited long enough for him, no longer.” wailed Sarah.

“Okay Sarah, I won’t tell him I talked to you. Frank and I will be there in a couple of days. We’ll talk more then. Bye Sarah.” sighed Trish in resignation. She wasn’t happy with Sarah's decision, but at least she wanted to see her.

First things first. First she would find out what Sarah wanted. Then she would work on getting her talk to Harm. Then they would be able to resolve whatever their problem was. They could get back together, maybe get married, and have children. She could only hope.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Separation and Hope : part 7tomboone18:22:23 06/19/08 Thu
    I am enjoying this story. Please post more soon. (NT)Sophie05:23:38 06/20/08 Fri

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.