VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: Separation and Hope : part 12

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:37:19 06/23/08 Mon
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Separation and Hope : part 10 and 11" on 20:08:19 06/22/08 Sun

part twelve

24 Dec 2004
Burnett Residence
La Jolla, Ca.

Harm spent the next couple of days getting to know Ronnie inside and out. He talked with Sarah about what had happen in their lives the last five years. They spent time playing on the beach, taking walks, and sailing in the marina.

“So what happen Sarah? Where did you go? I tried to find you, but I couldn’t. I missed you so much.” asked Harm.

“I could say the same thing about you Harm. You promised me that you would write to me weekly and e-mail me daily. I understand that you can get busy and not have time everyday to e-mail me, but I having heard from you in over five and a half years.” began Sarah.

“I got shot down Sarah. I was hurt pretty badly. It was four months before I was able to walk down a mountain to be rescued. When I got back you were gone.” replied Harm a bit frustrated.

“I was gone because I was four months pregnant with your child and you weren’t here. You didn’t write for at least a month before you were shot down Harm. I didn’t want to answer questions from anyone at the office about being pregnant and who the father was.

I figured that you had moved on with your life and you weren’t coming back. I had to get away.” wailed Sarah.

“I’m sorry Sarah, I didn’t know. I did get busy, but that’s no excuse. I should have made a better effort writing to you. It was one of the things my mother drilled into my head after I got back.

I still don’t understand why I didn’t. Fear, I guess. Where did you go?” asked Harm after apologizing.

“I went back to Europe, to Naples. I was stationed in Europe before. I like it there. There is so much culture. Life moves at a more leisurely pace. I got to use my language skills more over there.” explained Sarah.

“I was in Naples for a week after I was rescued. I was disappointed that no one came to see me. You were all I thought about while I was waiting to be rescued. I wanted to see you so much.” moaned Harm.

“I didn’t know Harm. I don’t think anyone did. The Admiral was really upset that you decided to leave Jag. He didn’t want to hear anything about you while you were gone. I only found out you were there later when your mother visited me at Christmas.” replied Sarah.

“Christmas! You mean my mother has known where you have been for the last five years!” yelled an upset Harm.

“Harm, please don’t! Don’t blame your mother. I told her not to tell you where I was. This was between you and me.” pleaded Sarah trying to calm Harm down. “She wanted to tell you, but she respected my wishes.”

“Why Sarah?” asked Harm.

“Because you left me Harm. You left me and Ronnie behind to fulfill a dream you had as a child. You chose to fly rather than to be with me.” wailed Sarah.

“I thought you understood Sarah why I had to return to flying.” whined Harm.

“I did Harm, that’s why I didn’t stop you, but it didn’t make the pain go away when you put flying ahead of me. It’s why I told your mother not to tell you where I was.

I need someone who would put me first Harm. Until you were willing to put me first before everything else, there could be no future for us. I didn’t want to trap you because I had your baby. I needed to know that you loved me and wanted me above all else.” wailed Sarah.

“I tried to find you.” moaned Harm.

“You didn’t try hard enough Harm.” replied Sarah.

“Well it’s not easy when you’re in the Admiral’s doghouse for three years and you’re assigned to cesspools of the world as punishment.” moaned Harm.

Later that night after talking for hours, they went upstairs to Sarah's room. All the old feelings were still there between them. At first all Harm was hoping for was to kiss Sarah goodnight.

But a friendly goodnight kiss morphed into a heavy passionate kiss. Before they knew it they were on Sarah's bed taking off all their clothes. It wasn’t long before they were making passionate love that lasted long into the night.

0900 hours
25 Dec 2004
Burnett Residence
La Jolla, Ca.

Harm was sitting in a chair with his arms wrapped around Sarah. They were watching Ronnie as she was busy unwrapping her presents. Harm watched in amazement. Ronnie was like a precision marine as she quickly, but neatly removed all the wrapping.

She was so much like Sarah. Not only did she look like a miniature Sarah, but all her mannerisms were the same too. The only difference he could see was, she didn't suffer from the insecurities of being raised in a house of horrors.

"I wished I knew you and Ronnie were going to be here Sarah. I would have gotten you both something." sighed Harm.

"Harm, she has everything. Your mother and Frank have seen to that. The best present you could have given her, is being here with her today. She loves you Harm. It’s the only thing she wanted for Christmas." replied Sarah as she gave him a kiss.

"As for me last night was pretty special. Add to that, seeing you and Ronnie bonding, I have never been happier. Thank you Harm." smiled Sarah as she cuddled more into Harm's chest and arms.

"Thank you Sarah for giving me the greatest gift a man could ever get, a beautiful and loving daughter." replied Harm as he kissed her.

27 Dec 2004
Burnett Residence
La Jolla, Ca.

A couple of days later, after a very wonderful Christmas enjoyed by all, a tall lanky blond showed up at the Burnett’s residence. Harm was surprised to see her there. The woman, Cassandra Popperson, he had thought, had gone home to see her mother last week.

She was supposed to spend all her time with her mother. What was she doing here? Harm’s mind was screaming. What was he going to do? How was he going to explain her to Sarah?

All the hard work that he had done this week to make it right with Sarah could quickly disappear if Sarah took Cassandra’s visit the wrong way.

“Come in Cassandra. Why are you here?” he asked.

‘Why couldn’t you have stayed away? Why couldn’t you have just gone back to Hawaii. He could have talked about the holidays then. He still had another week to spend with Sarah. A week to get everything worked out.’

“My mother had other plans. She decided to go skiing in Colorado.” replied Cassandra.

“Isn’t she a little old to be skiing?” asked Harm.

“What? No silly, she’s only forty five.” replied Cassandra.

Harm had to do some quick math in his head. He knew Cassandra was young, but he had thought she was at least thirty, give a take a few years. Agh ....... ! he thought to himself. Sarah was going to kill him.

“Harm! Who’s at the door?” yelled Sarah.

“A friend from Hawaii.” replied Harm.

“Well invite him in. We’re having dessert in the living room.” ordered Sarah.

Harm shuddered at the thought of how Sarah was going to kill him. A hundred images flashed quickly through his mind.

“Come in Cassie, as you heard they’re serving dessert. I hope you’re hungry. Mom has been cooking all day.” fibbed Harm struggling with what to say.

‘He and Cassandra had gotten pretty close. But how would she deal with seeing Sarah and his daughter Ronnie.’

They walked into the room. There were only two places left to sit. One was next to Sarah and the other was in a single occupant chair. Harm offered her the chair before going over to sit next to Sarah. He was hesitant as he saw the look on her face.

“Aren’t you going to introduce your FRIEND to us Harmon?” asked Sarah. Harm could tell Sarah was upset with him by her tone.

She whispered to him “Why didn’t you tell us that she was coming?”

“I didn’t know she was. She went home to see her mother.” whispered Harm.

Cassandra sat there wondering ‘What was going on? What had she interrupted? Who was this woman that Harm was talking to? They seem too close in her opinion.’ Harm and Sarah whispered for a few minutes more before he realized he hadn’t introduce Cassandra.

“Everyone, this is Cassandra. She’s a friend of mine from Hawaii. She runs a fashion store in Honolulu, a few miles from the base. We met last year. Cassandra, to your right is my mother Trish and her husband Frank.

Next is my grandma Sarah with my best friend at the academy Jack Keeter.” smiled Harm wanly.

Jack gave her his famous flyboy smile. ‘Wow!’ he thought to himself. ‘I need to get to know her better, she’s beautiful.’

Harm may have been dating her before, but it looks like he’s back with Sarah. Besides, despite what Harm tells people, he really prefers brunettes.

“Nice to meet you Cassandra. I hope you will be staying for awhile.” smiled Jack.

“Nice to meet you too. I don’t know how long I will be staying.” sighed Cassandra.

The last thing she wanted was another skirt chasing Romeo. They wined and dined you for a while, but sooner or later they became bored and leave. She had learned to spot them a hundred miles away. Usually she could avoid them.

“And here is Sarah MacKenzie and her daughter Veronica.” sighed Harm as he finished the introductions.

He was hoping that Cassandra wouldn’t find out Veronica was his. The last thing he wanted right now was a fight between Cassandra and Sarah.

But what he had hoped for wasn’t going to last long. Veronica had finished her dessert, a bowl of ice cream and a small piece of blueberry pie, she had other ideas. She placed her bowl on the table.

Next thing Harm knew she had bounded up onto his lap causing him to moan as she managed to miss the unintended target again. Cassandra and everyone laughed when Veronica jumped into his lap. They all saw he wasn’t expecting it.

But Cassandra froze when she heard Veronica say “Daddy, can we go outside and make sand castles on the beach. You said we would after we had dessert.”

Harm saw the shocked look on Cassandra’s face. Then the look of recognition that Sarah was the long lost love of his life. There was nothing he could do about it right now. Veronica came first while he was here. Whatever she wanted, Harm would give her.

“Sure baby, that sounds like a great idea.” replied Harm

“Come on Mommy, you too. Let’s see who can make the best castle.” chirped Veronica excitedly.

All Cassandra could do was sit there and watch politely. She knew she didn’t belong here. She wanted to run away as fast as she could, but she was raised with better manners than that.

Now it all came back to her who Sarah MacKenzie was. She was the woman Harm was pining over when she first met him. The woman he had loved and couldn’t find. The woman who would always have his heart.

She would stay for awhile and visit, but later she would make her excuses and leave. What chance of happiness she had hoped for to have with Harm was gone. She couldn’t complete with the woman of his dreams and their child.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Separation and Hope : part 13tomboone13:12:58 06/24/08 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.