VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: Separation and Hope : part 15

Author:
tomboone
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:14:05 06/26/08 Thu
In reply to: tomboone 's message, "Separation and Hope : part 10 and 11" on 20:08:19 06/22/08 Sun

part fifteen

Wednesday
16 Mar 2005
Officer’s Club
Norfolk, Va.

The dining out dinner for the Admiral was the next night. It was a very formal affair. All the officers who had either served with him or under him were present. It made for a large gathering.

Harm and Sarah had left Ronnie at the Robert’s house. Jason was baby sitting for them. A good time was had by all. The Admiral introduced his replacement, Admiral Wayne Rodgers.

Afterwards he went over to Harm and Sarah’s table and asked them to join him in another room.

“I had a talk with Wayne. He’s open to having you both here in Washington. He told me he was very impress with your work when you were his Chief of Staff, Colonel.

He’s also interested in having the Commander here at headquarters. He knows that you’re one of the best lawyers in the Navy. He would be a fool not to have you here.” smiled the Admiral.

“Thank you Sir, I know it couldn’t have been easy for you.” wailed Sarah.

“Actually it was. As I have told you before you two are the best I ever had. I was just disappointed that you both didn’t stay here.” replied the Admiral.

“I apologize for that Sir. I know it was entirely my fault, but I couldn’t resist the temptation to fly full time again. It’s in my blood, but I realize now I threw away a more rewarding life, a life with Sarah.” offered Harm.

“Nonsense Commander, you had no way of knowing the Colonel was pregnant. For all you know it might still have been years before you both decided to get together.

Can you honestly tell me that you and the Colonel would have gotten together and had a child if you had stayed.” argued the Admiral.

“You’re right Sir. The only reason we got together that night was because I was worried about Sarah. She had cried in my arms earlier that day in my office. I had to make sure she was alright.” conceded Harm.

“So what’s in stored in the future for you two Commander? Are you going to make an honest woman out of her?” asked the Admiral with a smirk.

“We haven’t gotten that far Sir.” started Harm.

“We’ve only just found each other a couple of months ago Sir. Harm was dating someone else at the time.” continued Sarah.

“That was before I knew I had a daughter Sir.” added Harm.

“We’ve only just begun the negotiation process Sir.” continued Sarah.

The Admiral was beginning to get dizzy. He had forgotten how these two got when they had a point to make. It was like they were of one mind, but two bodies. But he had to smile. He knew they belong together.

“It’s not easy Sir. In the last six years we have only been together nineteen days.” sighed Harm in resignation.

“His saving grace and best argument is baby number two is on the way. And Harm has shown to me that he’s a great father.” smiled Sarah.

“Well I’m sure you both will work it out. I expect an invitation to the wedding.” smiled the Admiral.

“Yes Sir, and thank you Sir for your assistance in getting us assigned together.” smiled Sarah.

The End

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.