VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Harm Goes Flying : continues

Author:
peter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:34:52 03/25/08 Tue
In reply to: peter 's message, "Harm Goes Flying" on 13:33:37 03/25/08 Tue

1000 hours Friday
13 Aug 1999
Jag Headquarters

The next morning Mac was ready for a break. She looked into Harm’s office through the window between their offices. He was busy looking over some paperwork. She loved him so much. If only he loved her as much as she loved him.

She went to the break room and got a couple cups of coffee. She went back across the bullpen area to Harm’s office. She knocked on his door.

“Enter!” smiled Harm as he looked up from the paperwork on his desk and saw the vision named Sarah.

“Do you have a minute Harm?” asked Mac with a smile.

“I have two for you.” chuckled Harm. Boy, she always seemed to look so good.

“Thank you Flyboy. My mother is coming to visit me today. I’m going to the airport tonight to pick her up. Chloe is going with me and she wants you to come along too.” Mac commented quietly hoping that he would.

“What about you? Do you want me to come Sarah?” smiled Harm as he watch Mac’s face blush at the mention of her given name.

“Of course I do Harm. I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t want you to come.” blushed Mac.

“Then I accept. What time is she arriving?” asked Harm.

After all the years of feeling abandonment he knew Mac must be very happy her mother was visiting her. He knew the feeling. He lost his father at a very young age. Even though he knew his father really didn’t abandon him, it still felt the same.

“About 1900 hours.” replied Mac.

“I guess I’ll follow you home after work, we can pick up Chloe. We can take my SUV since you can’t put more than two adults in your little car.” smiled Harm.

“Thank you Harm. I really appreciate this.” replied Mac as she gave Harm a small hug.

“We can go out afterwards to get something to eat. And that does not include Beltway Burgers.” smiled Harm.

“Oh, come on Harm. That my favorite place in the world to eat.” begged Mac.

She knew how much Harm hated Beltway Burgers, but she really like to tease him when it came to food. Maybe he would take them some place really nice to eat.

“No it’s not your favorite place Sarah. It just happens to be the place that you can afford. I’ll take you to that fancy Italian place that you like so much.” smiled Harm seductively.

“Thank you Harm, You’re so sweet.” smiled Mac. She was glowing now.

“Don’t let that get around. It would ruin my perfect reputation.” chuckled Harm. He loved seeing her happy.

Mac laughed and went back to her office to finish up some work. She started to daydream. Harm was calling her Sarah again, her given name. She always felt special when he did.

It sounded so nice coming from him. In fact he had been calling her Sarah all week. Maybe he did love her after all like Chloe said.

part 3

1900 hours
Dulles International Airport

After work Harm and Mac went back to her place to drop off her car and pick Chloe up. They arrived at the airport an hour later. When they saw Mac’s mother getting off the plane, Harm and Chloe stayed back to let Mac greet her mother by herself.

They hugged and kissed. They exchanged pleasantries. Mac brought her mother over to meet Harm and Chloe. They exchanged greetings and then went to pick up her bags.

2000 hours
Delmonicos Italian Restaurant

Harm drove them back to DC. He took them to Mac’s favorite Italian Restaurant. They went inside and got a table. A waiter came over and they all ordered their food and drinks.

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. MacKenzie. Sarah told me she saw you a couple of weeks ago when her father died.” smiled Harm as he started up the conversation.

“Please call me Deanne, Harm. Yes, I did see her there. I took a chance that she might show up at the hospice. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have felt guilty for so many years. I didn’t know if she would forgive me. I’m glad she did.” replied Deanne.

“Sarah is a very special lady Deanne. She’s an outstanding marine and lawyer. And I’ve had the privilege of having her as my partner the last three years. How was the trip Deanne?” asked Harm.

“It was a good flight, but the seats were a little uncomfortable. After my conversation with Sarah a couple weeks ago I went to Kansas to see my brother Matt.

He told me about how he met you and what you did for him. He told me about how proud of Sarah he was and her accomplishments. He also told me about how you and Sarah met.” smiled Deanne.

She understood now why Sarah was in love with him now. He was perfect. She thought back to when Sarah was a preteen. Sarah’s favorite story was how she was going to meet the man of her dreams and get married. She was going to meet him in a rose garden.

“How long are you staying mom?” asked Mac. She hoped that it would be for awhile.

“Till the end of the month Sarah. If that is alright with you.” replied Deanne.

“It’s okay with me mom. I’m so happy to see you again. I wish you could stay longer.” wailed Mac quietly as she hugged her mother.

“Thank you dear. I wish I could too. But my boss would only let me take off till the end of the month. Maybe I can stay longer next time. You
know I love you sweetie.” Deanne responded with a tear in her eye.

“I love you too Mom. Hey, maybe we can get Flyboy here to take us sight seeing this weekend around the city.” smiled Mac as looked over to Harm.

He was always there for her when she needed him. He was being a prince taking her and her mother to dinner and welcoming her.

“I’ve been put on this earth to serve you Ninja girl. Your wish is my command.” smiled Harm as he returned the gaze.

She looked so happy that her mother was here with her and Chloe. It felt real good to be here tonight.

“If only that was really true Flyboy.” replied Mac quietly.

Harm and Mac continue to banter back and forth over the next hour. This amused Chloe and Deanne. Deanne was very please to see this side of Mac. This was how she was with her husband Joe before he started drinking and abusing her. Sarah looked very happy.

“Chloe, do they always behave this way with each other?” asked Deanne.

“I’ve only known them for a short period of time. But they do seem to feed off each other. They seem to connect on a level that most people aren’t even aware of.

I think that they can actually read each other’s mind. I think they are in love with each other, but are too afraid to admit it to themselves never mind to each other.” replied Chloe with a big smile.

“I think you’re right Chloe. They seem like the perfect couple to me. I haven’t seen Sarah this alive and happy since she was a young girl. I think we need to push them to the next level.” smiled Deanne as she looked at Mac.

She had grown into a beautiful woman despite her abandonment and her father’s abuse. She was glowing as she bantered with Harm. She deserved to be happy.

“I’ve been working on Sarah. I've been trying to get her to admit to herself that she loves Harm. I’ll do anything to get them to take the next step and admit their feelings to each other. I want her to be happy.” replied Chloe despondently.

“Good, I think I’m really going to enjoy myself here. Sarah was right about you Chloe. You are a special young lady. You are a lot like her when she was your age.” smiled Deanne.

“Thank you Mrs. MacKenzie. That is the best complement you could have given me. I want to be like her when I grow up. Although I don’t know if I want to be a marine.” smiled Chloe.

“Well mom, I think it’s time we get you to your hotel and get you settle in. We can make plans for the weekend tomorrow.” declared Mac.

“Okay Sarah. You were right about Harm. He seems to be a wonderful young man. I'm so happy you’ve found someone like him to be in your life.” responded Deanne.

“Thank you mom.” replied Mac sadly. It’s too bad he plans on leaving to fly F-14’s.

1000 hours Monday
16 Aug 1999
Jag Headquarters

Harm went to Mac’s office and knocked on the door. Mac let him in and they both sat down. He had just come back from a coffee and muffin run after his meeting with the admiral.

“Good morning Harm. What’s going on with you?” asked Mac.

“Good morning to you too. Well Sarah it’s official now. I’ve just come from the Admiral’s office. My designator has been officially changed to an aviator.” replied Harm.

“So what does that mean?” asked Mac hoping against hope that Harm wouldn’t be leaving.

“Well I now have the option to pursue flying tomcats full time again. I don’t know if I want to or not. It’s all happening so fast.” replied a frazzled Harm.

“You’re right. It is happening very quickly. I guess when the Admiral decides to get something done he doesn’t waste time. I know I’m not prepared to see you leave so soon.” responded Mac sadly.

“I’m not prepared for this either. I know I’ve been thinking about going back to flying for a long time. But now that it’s almost here I’m not sure that I’m ready.” replied Harm cautiously.

“If you decide to go back I’m going to miss you Flyboy. You are my best friend. I’ve enjoyed working with you so closely. I don’t think I’ll ever find someone like you again to be my friend. But I’ll support any decision you make.” replied Mac struggling to hold back the tears.

“Sarah, I’ve never had a partner or a friend like you before either. You’ve been there for me whenever I’ve needed you. You’re very special to me. I’ll truly miss our close working relationship.” replied Harm as he took her hand in his.

“Well Harm, you’ve always been there for me too.” responded Mac as she held on tight. She didn’t want to ever let go.

“I have to get back to work now. Why don’t we go out for lunch and talk about this later?” asked Harm.

“Okay Harm, I’ll see you later.” replied Mac as she let go of his hand.

Tears began to flow from Mac’s eyes after Harm left the office. It seemed that Harm would be leaving her after all. This made her very sad. How would she be able to survive without him. He was her life.

1330 hours Friday
20 Aug 1999
Jag Headquarters,

Harm had a meting with the Admiral after lunch that lasted a half hour. It was to inform him his designator had been changed to an aviator and he had a new assignment.

Harm left the Admiral office and was heading back to his office. Mac saw him coming and asked him to join her in her office.

“So Harm, did I miss anything with the Admiral.” asked Mac hesitantly.

“No Sarah, you didn’t miss anything as far as work is concern.” replied Harm.

“Then what were you talking to the Admiral about Flyboy?” asked Mac.

“It’s official. I’ve been offered a commission on the Patrick Henry to fly tomcats.” responded Harm elatedly.

“Have you accepted it?” asked Mac trying to hold back a tear that forming.

“I have one week to decide, but I have already told the Admiral I would take the commission.” replied Harm, concerned that Mac wasn’t as elated for him.

“Are you sure this is what you want Harm?” asked Mac.

Everything between them had been so great the last few weeks. She wasn’t looking forward to Harm leaving.

“I’m sure. I was born to fly. It’s who I am. I decided to accept the commission last night if I was offered the opportunity.” responded Harm.

“I’m going to miss you Harm. When are you leaving?” asked a despondent Mac.

“At the end of the month. I’m going to miss you too Sarah.” replied Harm as he gave Mac a little hug to console her.

“That’s so soon. How can you leave m ..... Jag so soon? You can’t leave Jag now.” begged Mac.

“I know it’s happening very quickly, but things are heating up in Kosovo. They need to have pilots ready sooner rather then later.” reasoned Harm.

“But what about Jag? You know how important you are to Jag.” cried Mac.

“I thought you were okay with this Sarah. I thought you would be happy for me. You know how much I've wanted to fly.” answered Harm a little hurt.

“I know and I am happy for you, but it’s happening so fast. I thought I would have more time.” started Mac.

“More time for what Sarah?” asked Harm.

“I don’t know, just more time.” replied Mac trying to hide her feelings.

Mac puts her arms around Harm’s waist and her head on his chest. Tears were flowing down her cheeks. Harm was stunned and very confused. Did Mac have feelings for him that he wasn’t aware of?

part 4

1300 hours Wednesday
25 Aug 1999
Harm’s apartment

Harm had just gotten back from having lunch with Mac’s mother. He was a bit shaken to hear that Mac was taking his leaving so hard. Mac’s mother had told him how sad Mac really was about his leaving to go back to flying tomcats.

Mac was crying herself to sleep every night since he told her he was leaving. She had tried to console Mac, but that Mac felt Harm was deserting her like everyone else she had loved in her life.

Harm understood this. He had had this discussion with Mac many times before. Harm was surprised when he heard that Mac loved him. He was happy that she did. He had realized a long time ago that he loved her since the day they met in the rose garden.

She was a strong independent woman who didn’t cut him any slack. He couldn’t get everything with a smile or his charms. He had to earn her respect.

He had realized that they had gotten much closer the last few months, but he hadn’t realized how she really felt about him. He didn’t wanted to risk losing her by telling her that he loved her.

He knew what he had to do. He got on the phone and call his mother and grandmother, and Mac’s Uncle Matt. He told them that he was going to ask Mac to marry him. He would like them all to be there when he did.

He was planning to ask her on Saturday in the White House Rose Garden, where they had met for the first time. The wedding, hopefully, would take place the right after the proposal. He wanted to marry her before he took off to Florida to fly tomcats.

They all agreed to come to D.C. tomorrow for the blessed event. He then called Reverend Johnson to arrange to marry them in the White House Rose Garden at 1000 hours Saturday morning.

Finally he called Deanne back. He told her of his plans. He asked her to take Mac shopping to make sure she had a white dress to wear Saturday.

She was very happy to help him out. Her little Sarah was going to marry the man of her dreams. Sarah was going to be very happy. And that would make her happy too.

1600 hours
Jag Headquarters

Later that day Deanne and Chloe met Mac in her office. They convinced her to go shopping with them. They all went to the mall down by the wall. They wanted to pick up some outfits Chloe would need for school.

Chloe picked out two nice dresses and two nice blouses and slacks to match. As they were walking through the mall to get something to eat Deanne saw a nice women’s store in the mall.

She convinced Mac to go in and look around for a nice white dress. Mac couldn’t understand why she would want a white dress particularly since it was almost September. Deanne saw the perfect white silk dress.

She convinced Mac to try the dress on. It was a perfect fit. It has a little lace border along the sleeves and along a low cut neckline. The dress hung several inches above her knees. The sleeves extended a few inches below the elbow.

She looked fantastic as the dress fitted her like a glove. Mac agreed to buy it. She was happy that she and her mother could do this together.

2000 hours
Mac’s apartment

Later that evening Harm drove over to Mac’s place. He had a plan that he thought would make Mac very happy. He went to the door and knocked.

Mac went over to the door and opened it. She was surprise to see Harm standing there. She let Harm in. They went over to the sofa and sat down.

“Hi Harm, why have you come over here tonight?” asked Mac.

“Hello Sarah, I have a special surprise for you that I want to give to you before I leave. You aren’t doing anything Saturday?” asked Harm with one of his gorgeous Flyboy smile.

“I was going to spend some time with Chloe before she leaves for Vermont. Can you tell me what the surprise is?” asked a curious Mac.

“No, I can’t. It’s a very special one, but you will need to wear a white dress. Do you have one Sarah?” asked a smiling Harm.

Mac’s knees quivered a little. That the second time tonight that he has called me Sarah. She wondered what he was up to. It must really be something special.

“Funny you should happen to ask me that Flyboy. I just bought myself a new dress today. It happens to be white. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you?” asked Mac suspiciously.

“Do I know anything about what, Sarah?” asked Harm with a dumb look.

“About the white dress silly. Has your mind gone completely bonkers since this morning?” giggled Mac. She was beginning to like the little game they appeared to be playing.

“My mind is just fine Sarah. The only thing I know about a white dress is that I’ve never seen you in one.” teased Harm.

“I guess you will see me in one Saturday.” smiled Mac.

“I’m looking forward to seeing you then. Bye Sarah.” replied Harm.

“Good night Flyboy, see you Saturday.” laughed Mac softly.

Mac closed the door behind Harm. Harm had made her day. He kept calling her Sarah, her given name. She always felt so good when he called her Sarah. And he wanted to spend the day with her Saturday. It wasn’t work related. She would have some nice dreams tonight.

0930 hours Saturday
28 Aug 1999
Mac’s apartment

Deanne had come by earlier in the morning to picked up Chloe. She had arranged for his family and hers to be at the White House Rose Garden before Harm and Mac arrived.

They would be behind some bushes out of sight but close enough to hear Harm’s proposal. Harm stopped by Mac place to pick her up. He was in his dress whites.

“Wow! You look very beautiful in that white silk dress Sarah.” exclaimed Harm.

Mac swooned a little. He was still calling her Sarah and he was here in his dress whites. What ever was happening, it must be something very special. She wondered what was going on?

“Thank you Harm. You look pretty good yourself. May I ask where we are going? It’s not every day a girl gets taken out by a man in dress whites.” smiled Mac coyly.

“That’s dress whites and gold wings. It’s a secret, but I can tell you it’s a very special place.” smiled Harm as he soaked in Mac’s beauty.

“A special place?” asked Mac as she raised an eyebrow.

They went for a ride in his SUV. They drove for a little while before finally arriving at the White House Rose Garden.

“Why have you brought me here Harm?” asked a confused Mac.

“I told you I was taking you to a special place. This is the place where we met. Where I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. It is a place of new beginnings.

This is the place we first formed a new partnership. It has always been a special place for us. Sarah MacKenzie, I love you with all my heart.” replied Harm as he got down on one knee.

“Sarah, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife? I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you please marry me?” asked Harm.

As Harm was talking to her, Mac began to realize something wonderful was about to happen. He had just said he loved her. Boy he sure knew how to make her happy. She then saw him get down on one knee.

Oh no, can it be true as her body began to shake with anticipation. Yes it is. He was asking her to marry him. She couldn’t believe it. She thought she was going to lose him to those stupid jets.

She had thought he was deserting her, but he wasn’t. He loved her and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, Sarah MacKenzie. He wanted to marry her.

She didn’t know what she had ever done to deserve having such a wonderful man love her. But she was very happy that he did. She smiled that very special lips upturned at the corner smile that Harm loved.

“Harmon Rabb Jr. It would please me very much to accept your proposal. I love you so much. There is nothing else in the world I would rather do, then to marry you. So yes Harmon Rabb, I will marry you.” cried Mac as tears of joy flowed down her cheeks.

Harm stood up and took her in his arms for a kiss. All of a sudden she heard applauds coming from behind the rose bushes.

“What was that Harm?” asked Mac.

“It’s our family Sarah. Come out everyone.” yelled Harm joyfully.

“How in the world did you manage this Harm?” asked a happy but surprised Mac.

“For the woman I love, I would move mountains. And your mother and Chloe helped.” smiled Harm. He was very please to see Mac so happy.

“Thank you mom.” Mac said to her mother as she hugged her tightly.

“Who’s that gentleman? I don’t think I recognize him Harm.” asked a confused Mac.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Harm Goes Flying : continuespeter13:36:00 03/25/08 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.