VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Harm Goes Flying : continues

Author:
peter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:36:00 03/25/08 Tue
In reply to: peter 's message, "Harm Goes Flying : continues" on 13:34:52 03/25/08 Tue

“He is Reverend Johnson. He has come out here to marry us Sarah. That is if you want to marry me today. I don’t want to leave to fly tomcats without you here to come back home to.” begged Harm.

“Well, since our families are here and I have loved you since the day I met you. We might as well do it today.” smiled Mac.

“Thank you Sarah, You have made me the happiest man in the world.” replied Harm.

“That’s good, because you have made me the happiest woman in the world.” replied Mac as they hugged.

Harm had everybody gather in a semicircle around them. He told them Mac had accepted his proposal and they were getting married today. In fact, they were going to get married right now.

Everyone applauded. Mac was smiling. She had tears in her eyes, happy ones. Chloe handed Mac a bouquet of roses. Reverend Johnson started the ceremony. He then came to ask them to say their vows.

“I want to thank you Sarah for being here today. You have changed my life forever. You have taught me how to care for someone else beside myself. You have been there for me every time I needed someone.

You have supported me and not question me as I dealt with my obsessions. I love you Sarah. Thank you for becoming my wife.” vowed Harm.

“Thank you Harmon. You have made the happiest woman in the world today. I can’t imagine life without you any more. I have loved you since the day we met. You have helped me in so many ways that I can’t count them all.

You have always been there for me. You have made me deal with issues that I didn’t want to. You have made me believe that I’m a deserving individual who deserves to be happy like everyone else. Again, thank you Harm. I love you.” vowed Mac.

Reverend Johnson pronounced them husband and wife. Harm and Mac shared a kissed of love finally being recognized. Everyone came up to them and congratulated them.

They went to Mac’s favorite Italian restaurant to celebrate. Frank told everyone he was footing the bill. He had arranged to have one of the function rooms reserved for the reception.

They all had a good time. They ate and drank. They danced to some lively music. Harm had at least one dance with all the ladies. Mac did the same with all the men. But Harm and Mac danced all the slow dances together.

They spent the rest of the weekend together doing the married couple thing. They talked about Harm coming back for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And finally Harm asked Mac to keep their marriage a secret from the rest of Jag.

He wanted to keep it a secret between them so that they wouldn’t have to share their feelings about each other with anybody else for awhile. He asked her especially not to tell Harriet. If she told Harriet, the secret would spread like wildfire.

It would also make it difficult to get back into Jag together if everyone knew they were married. He then gave her a special chain and locket. The locket had a picture of them together on their wedding day.

The locket had roses engrave on one side and Sarah, I’ll love you forever, your Flyboy, Harm on the other side. He asked her to put her wedding ring and engagement ring on it so she could have it close to her heart. It would remind her that he was coming back to her and how much he loved her.

part 5

1000 hours Monday
30 Aug 1999
Pensacola, Florida

Mac received permission from the Admiral to drive with Harm down to Florida. He knew that they were very close and that she was going to miss him terribly.

The Admiral wanted her to have the opportunity to close this chapter in their lives privately without distractions. Mac was grateful for this opportunity.

Harm and Mac drove down to the naval base in Florida arriving there the next day. He would be there for two weeks of training before heading out to the carrier Patrick Henry. They were in each other’s arms. Mac had tears in her eyes.

“I’m going to miss you fly boy, but being your wife has made me very happy. I know you aren’t leaving me forever, it’s only for a short time.

I’m happy that you will be able to finally complete your dream of flying and will be able to leave it behind when the time comes without any regrets.” smiled Mac.

“Thank you Sarah for being so supportive. I know that this isn’t easy for you, but it has allowed us to express our feelings for each other. It’s a short term sacrifice not being with you, but we have ensured that we will always be together. I’m going to miss you Sarah.” said Harm with love.

“Well we both have to go. Please call me tonight Harm. I love you.” responded Mac with tears in her eyes.

“I love you too. I will call you at 2100 hours. Remember Sarah this is our little secret. Don’t let anyone know that we got married, especially Harriet.

The whole world will know if she finds out. All you have to do is look at the rings on chain around your neck to remind you how I love you.” smile Harm as he glazed lovingly into her eyes.

“I’ll remember. Bye.” cried Mac.

“Bye.” replied Harm.

They gave each other one last kiss before going their separate ways. Harm turned and walked back to his quarters. Mac watched until he disappeared into the building. Tears started to flow from her eyes.

Their relationship had finally reached the level she had been dreaming about for so long, but now he was going to be flying jets. She was both happy and sad. She was happy for Harm, for he was going to be flying, the thing he loved most to do in his life.

But she was also sad because she was going to miss working with him. She was going to miss the closeness that they had developed over the last couple of years. It was going to be a long year without him. She then turned, got into the car and drove away.

0900 hours Monday
23 Oct 1999
Jag Headquarters

It had been almost a two months since Harm and Mac got married. Chloe had gone to live on her grandparents’ farm. Mac’s mother had gone home. Harm was aboard the carrier Patrick Henry. Mac was all alone at Jag.

She no longer had a buffer between her and Brumby’s unwanted attention. And he had been a major pest too. He was constantly after her to go out to dinner with him, but Mac would have none of that.

She was very secure in her new marriage to Harm. Even though Harm wasn’t around he was in her thoughts. They would exchange e-mails four to five times a week, but she still missed him.

The Admiral called for Mac, Brumby, and Bud into his office. He informed them that a tomcat had sustained damage and was loss. The pilots had to eject. He wanted them to go out to the carrier Patrick Henry to investigate what happened.

They were to leave at 1135 hours from Andrews to take a transport to Europe. From there they would fly out to the carrier Patrick Henry on a helicopter. He wished them good luck and to complete the investigation before the end of the week.

Bud was happy to be going. He wanted to see how Harm, his mentor, was doing as an aviator. He knew Harm loved to fly and there was nothing better than life on a carrier.

Brumby was always happy whenever he got a chance to travel with Mac. He always thought his charms would work better on her away from Jag. He though she was more apt to let her defenses down.

He figured everything would be perfect once they got to the carrier. He would be able to get Mac alone on deck in some secluded place. It could be very romantic. Then who knows, he might get lucky.

Of course Mac was happy to go because she would be able to see her beloved Harm. She had missed him so much. Even more then she had expected. Must be her hormones kicking in she thought.

The only dread she had was holding off Brumby unwanted attention until she got to the Patrick Henry, but that was a small price to pay to see Harm.

1800 hours Tuesday
24 Oct 1999
Aircraft carrier Patrick Henry
Mediterranean Sea

Harm’s bunkmate, Tom the Tuna, came into their quarters. He had come to tell Harm a Jag team was coming to investigate the mishap. They would be arriving in about a half an hour.

The Jag investigation was headed up by a marine. He saw Harm trying to sleep. He looked at Harm’s desk and saw the picture of Harm and Sarah. She was a beautiful woman. One of the pictures on the desk had Sarah in a marine uniform.

Maybe this marine officer would be Harm’s Sarah. Tuna woke Harm up and told him a marine officer was coming to the Patrick Henry. She was heading up a Jag investigation of the jet that crashed the other day.

Harm hoped it would be Sarah. It had been nearly two months since he had seen her last. He had tried to keep up communication by e-mail with her, but it was tough because he was often very tired after his flights.

He couldn’t always get to a computer to read or send e-mail. It was nice to get e-mail. He had gotten several from Bud and Harriet and family. He hadn’t received any from the Admiral.

He didn’t expect to because the Admiral hated using the computer for such trivial things. The only thing that really matters was getting e-mail from Sarah. She was pretty good about sending one to two e-mails a day.

She also understood not getting e-mail from Harm everyday. She knew he was working hard to stay with the younger pilots.

1830 hours
Mediterranean Sea

Later a small group of pilots were on deck awaiting the arrival of the Jag team. They had heard that there was a hot female marine officer coming on board. They all wanted to be there to get a look at her.

Harm heard one of them talking about how he would get a date with her since he was the coolest pilot on board. Harm just laugh. He went over to him.

“Steeler, you don’t have a chance with her. She likes men not little boys. She would eat you up and spit you out before breakfast. You need to stand back and watch the master at work. I’ll bet you fifty dollars I’ll get more action from her then you.” chuckled Harm as he shook his head.

“Ha, ha, ha, you’re on Pappy. There’s no reason why she wouldn’t want a young stud instead of an old goat. I’m the coolest and the best pilot here. With my smile I can get any woman I want.” replied Steeler as he gave high fives to all his buddies.

“Only in your wet dreams sonny boy. You’re pretty funny, but children should be seen and not heard. She’s a marine. She’s going to want a real man.” smiled Harm.

The rest of the pilots laugh at Harm’s last comment. Not too many people would try to put Steeler in his place, but they all knew that Harm was the man.

Ten minutes later the helicopter landed on deck. Roberts and Brumby got out first. They stumbled a little before getting their sea legs. They had flown non-stop for nearly twenty hours.

Then the moment that all the young pilots were waiting for. Mac stepped out of the helicopter and started walking towards them. Someone commented that if he knew marines look that good he would have join the marines instead of the navy.

Mac smiled when she heard that. She always enjoyed receiving complements about how good she looked being a marine. Steeler straightened up, smoothed out his shirt and tie with great anticipation that Mac would walk up to him and start talking.

He took a step in her direction and began to speak, but Mac ignored him and walked right on by him and stopped in front of Harm.

“Permission to give the Commander a hug.” asked Mac.

“Permission granted.” replied Harm as he mouthed to Steeler

“You owe me fifty.” Steeler reached into his pocket and pulled out fifty dollars and slipped the fifty to Harm as he gave Mac a big hug.

“Sir, it’s so good to see you again. We all miss you at Jag. It seems like we have more work then people to handle the load with you gone.” replied Bud as Harm shook his hand.

“Good to see you old man. It hasn’t been the same without you there.” replied Brumby as he shook Harm’s hand.

“Well it’s good to see you both again. Can’t say I miss Jag. I’m having too much fun flying jets.” smiled Harm.

"I see that you're buying me dinner tonight Flyboy." smiled Mac.

“What’s that Mac?” asked Harm.

“I saw you putting the fifty dollars in your pocket.” replied Mac coyly.

“Darn Mac, you caught me again. I can’t seem to fool you like these chumps over there.” smiled Harm as he shook his head. It was so good to see her.

“And you never will. I know you all too well.” smiled Mac. Boy he looks good in his flight suit she thought.

“They’re just little squidlets, they’re not ready to be with real marines.” she smiled as the other pilots groaned.

“What’s that I see on your collar?” asked a surprised Harm.

“It’s a silver oak leaf. I got promoted a week ago. I wanted to surprise you when you came back for a visit.” answered Mac, unsure how he would take the news of her being promoted before he was.

“I’m very happy for you. I guess the Admiral isn’t mad at you any more.” smiled Harm.

“Yes, I guess you’re right. I have to go Harm. I have to get started on the investigation. I will see you later for that dinner you owe me.” responded Mac.

“We need to do it before 2000 hrs. I have a flight for four hours later tonight. replied Harm.

The Jag team conducted interviews with different crewmembers over the next several days. Mac would always reserve time during the day to eat at least one meal with Harm.

Harm’s schedule didn’t allow them to spend too much time together, but they always ate dinner together. He had let the CAG know that Mac was the special lady that he was always talking about. The CAG mention to Mac,

“I though he was embellishing like all lawyers, but everything he has told me about you was right on. In fact I think he was being a little modest now. Harm’s a very lucky man to have you Colonel.” He promised Mac he would keep Harm on the straight and narrow.

Although they hadn’t spent as much time together as they would have like, the time Harm and Mac did spend together was high quality. They even had the opportunity twice to do the married couple’s thing.

Mac always made sure to send Brumby away to conduct his interviews by himself or with Bud. Meanwhile Brumby was very jealous of the time Mac was spending with Harm.

He had thought that Mac should be spending more time with him when they weren’t conducting interviews. He felt that Harm had given up all rights to Mac’s time when he left Jag. He should be the one spending quality time with her since he was her partner now.

Meanwhile Bud thought all of this was very amusing. He couldn’t wait to get home and tell Harriet about all of it. Harriet would be tickled pink to hear that Mac was spending most of her free time with Harm and not Brumby while they were on the Patrick Henry.

Harriet didn’t care for Brumby. He was too brash and obnoxious for his own good. She had always thought that the Commander and Colonel were perfect for each other.

They were the perfect team in Jag and got along great in social settings. She only wished that they would have recognized it and get involved like Bud and her.

part 6

1600 hours Friday
27 Oct 1999
Mediterranean Sea

When the Jag team had completed their investigation they got on the helicopter and left. They had given the CAG the news that they believed it wasn’t pilot error.

Earlier in the day before they left, Harm told Mac that he had gotten approval to take four days of leave for Thanksgiving. He would be there the day before Thanksgiving.

They had hugged and kissed goodbye in his quarters. They both expressed how much they would miss the other and couldn’t wait until they saw each other again.

1700 hours Saturday
28 Oct 1999
Jag headquarters

The Jag team got back to headquarters Saturday and left their report for the Admiral in his office. They had concluded that it wasn’t pilot error. The jet had malfunctioned and there wasn’t any need for further investigation.

Bud had gone home to see Harriet afterwards to tell her about the trip. The Colonel seemed to spend all her free time with Commander Rabb. She always ate dinner with Harm. They would spend time on the observation deck looking out into the night at the stars.

She never included Brumby in any of her off duty time. This had disappointed Brumby and made him mad. Harriet was soaking up all the information Bud was giving her.

She loved what she was hearing. She was going to have to talk with the Colonel about her visit with the Commander when they were alone together at the office Monday.

1200 hours Monday
30 Oct 1999
at a local diner

Somehow Harriet convinced Mac to go out to lunch with her Monday. Mac really didn’t wanted to because she had a lot of work to catch up on and she was still tired from the trip.

But the real reason was that she knew Bud had filled Harriet in about their trip to the carrier Patrick Henry and would want to pump her for information about she and Harm.

“So how was your trip, Colonel? Did you get to spend any time with the Commander?” asked Harriet with a big smile.

“It was a good trip Harriet. We were able to get the information we needed without too much difficulty. It was good there was no pilot error.

You hate to prosecute someone who puts his tail on the line everyday to protect our country.” replied Mac as she hoped to sidetrack Harriet.

“So how was the Commander?” Harriet asked again.

“Harm is doing fine. He is really enjoying himself flying tomcats. He's still having some problems with the landings, but he's probably flying circles around the younger pilots in the air.

The CAG says his maturity is a plus. The younger pilots get to see how to do things the right way. The way that will keep them all alive.” smiled Mac fondly as her mind drifted off to seeing Harm in her mind.

“Did you spend any quality time with Commander, you know what I mean?” asked Harriet curiously.

“Harriet, what are you implying? You know we’re just good friends. You know how Harm is about regulations.” snapped Mac as her voice went up an octave.

“But Colonel, you two don’t work together anymore. There is no reason you couldn’t see each other.” wailed Harriet.

“Harriet, what kind of relationship could we have. He’s ten thousands miles away. We’ll be lucky to see each other twice a year for a week or two at a time. Besides we have the type of relationship that we are comfortable with.

I’m sorry it doesn’t meet with your approval Harriet, but we like our relationship the way it is. We do not plan on changing it any time soon. So please let’s have no more discussion on this issue. Okay.” ordered Mac.

“Yes Ma’am.” replied Harriet.

She couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t get together. They were perfect for each other and they were in love. Why couldn’t they see that for themselves wondered Harriet.

1900 hours Wednesday
24 Nov 1999
Mac’s apartment

A month later there was a knock on the door. Mac got up to answered it. It was Harm. He was wearing his dress blues. She always liked him in his dress blues better than the khaki uniform or the summer whites.

And now he was all hers and no one else. He was standing there with his Flyboy grin and one arm behind his back. Mac allowed him to come into her apartment.

She was curious about what he could be hiding so she tried to see what was behind his back. But Harm kept his back away from her view.

“So Flyboy, what do you have for me behind your back?” asked Mac as she looked left then right in the hopes of getting a glimpse.

“Well hello to you too Sarah. I have missed you so much too. I’m very happy to see you.” teased Harm as he tried to impress upon her childless behavior.

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry Harm. How are you Harm? I have missed you beyond belief. I love you.” responded Mac as she reached her arms up to wrap around his neck.

“That’s much better Sarah. I love you too. How about giving me a kiss?” smiled Harm with a gleam in his eye.

Mac gave Harm a passionate kiss. Harm took his hand from behind his back and presented to Mac a bouquet of 24 red roses. Mac took them from Harm and then gave him another hug and kiss.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Harm Goes Flying : continuespeter13:36:49 03/25/08 Tue

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.