VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: The Truth be Known : continues

Author:
peter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:22:55 03/31/08 Mon
In reply to: peter 's message, "The Truth be Known" on 21:18:12 03/31/08 Mon

part 2 Wonder what if

Over the weekend Harm sat in his apartment contemplating the conversation he had had with Mac. He had hoped he had reached her somehow and she wouldn’t marry Mic.

He looked down on the table in front of him. He looked at the wedding bands in the jewelry box. They were the ones his mother and father had shared before he went to Viet Nam.

He had wanted to give them to Mac someday when they were ready to get married. Now all he could do was pray that Mac wouldn’t go through with marrying Mic.

Renee had stopped by early Saturday morning to confront Harm about what had happened Friday night. She was the last person he wanted to see that morning. Harm didn’t want to talk to her about it.

He wasn’t in the mood to listen to her whining and accusations. All he wanted was to be left alone so he could think about Sarah. To think about how much he loved her and how much he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

He then came up with a brilliant idea. Mac was going to the Naval Academy to give a lecture on Friday. Tomorrow at work he would offer to go along with her. They could go up together early Friday morning.

He would have plenty of time to show her around campus. Who better then an academy grad? Then he would take her to dinner. After dinner he would ask her to marry him. If he was really lucky he would get her to marry him before the weekend was over.

Naval Academy
19 May 2001

Harm had asked her Monday if he could accompany her to Annapolis. Mac had happily accepted his offer. She loved spending time with him. She always felt so good when they did things together, especially when they were away from JAG.

Her body would always tingle inside when he paid special attention to her. And right now she could sense this weekend could be something very special. It could possibly be the last time they could be together like this unless something really special happen.

Harm had declared he loved her last week, but that wasn’t going to be enough. She needed more from him. She was hoping that he would take the next step this weekend.

This would be the last time she would allow Harm the opportunity to change her mind about marrying Mic. Harm had come a long way in a very short time. More then she had ever hoped was possible, but there was only going to be one way for Harm to persuade her not to marry Mic.

He would have to want her more then anything else in the world. He would have to want to marry her and start a life together. If not .... well .... then she would marry Mic. It was time for Harm to step up to the plate. He either wanted her or not. She wasn’t going to wait any longer.

They drove up to Annapolis that morning. Mac allowed Harm to drive her corvette. She knew how much he missed driving his own corvette. She hoped it would help him get into the proper frame of mind.

They arrived early in the morning. They ate breakfast in the Officer’s club before Harm showed her around campus. At the end of the tour they ended up in front of the Naval Academy Chapel.

Mac was a little surprise that they ended up there. She wondered what it meant. Did it mean what she thought it might? She could only hope.

“Why are we stopping here Harm?” asked Mac.

“This is the Naval Academy Chapel. This is where my mother and father were married. I wanted to show it to you.” smiled Harm nervously.

“I’ve shared so much of my life with you already over the last five years. I wanted to share with you another important place in my life.” continued Harm.

Mac beamed Harm one of her special smiles reserved only for him. Maybe, just maybe he was thinking about doing what she was praying he would do. They went inside and Mac gasped.

“It’s so beautiful in here. No wonder why so many military people want to get married here.”

“Yes, it is beautiful. I spent every Sunday in here for four years. It’s a very special place for me.” agreed Harm.

Mac was speechless. She knew now this would have been the perfect place to get married. But unfortunately one of the wedding party had to be an Academy graduate.

“Oh I wish I was getting married here. It’s so perfect.” whispered Mac just loud enough for Harm to hear.

She was hoping he understood what she meant and wanted. Lucky for her Harm understood quite perfectly. He had gotten the response from her he had been hoping for. He couldn’t wait until tonight after dinner.

Meanwhile at JAG headquarters Renee came barging into the bullpen like a pit bull on a mission. She would be gone most of next week. She was upset, Harm had been avoiding her all week. She needed to talk to him before she left.

“Tyner, where’s Commander Rabb?” asked an impatient Renee.

“He took leave today Ma’am. Said something about going up to Annapolis today.” replied Tyner.

He was going to have to have a talk with the Commander about covering his ass with Ms Peterson. She never seemed to believe anything he told her. He then would have to listen to her for ten minutes ranting on about something he had no control over.

“Didn’t Mac go there today?” asked Renee who was now getting angry.

“You mea Colonel MacKenzie, I believe so Ma’am.” replied Tyner. He never liked giving out too much information particularly when it concerned Colonel MacKenzie or Commander Rabb.

“Did they go together Tyner” asked Renee wondering why it felt like she was pulling teeth every time she talked to Tyner.

“Who Ma’am?” responded Tyner playing dumb. If she was going to irritate him he would try to do the same to her.

“Harm and Mac!” shouted Renee.

The Admiral came bolting out of his office.

“What’s going on out here!” bellowed the Admiral.

“Miss Peterson was asking about the Commander and Colonel Sir.” replied Tyner.

“I believed that they both have gone to Annapolis. And if that’s all, I would appreciate everyone being quiet and going back to work.” moaned the Admiral. Even when they were both gone, they somehow manage to create trouble around here.

After Mac gave her talk about mutiny on the high seas, Harm took her to dinner at the Officer’s Club. Harm was pleasantly surprised to see Mac wearing a formal evening dress for dinner.

He had put on his dress whites for the occasion, but didn’t realized that Mac might suspect something. Harm had talked to the Chaplin earlier in the day about the possibility of getting married while Mac was giving her talk. The Chaplin agreed to be available if he was needed.

They enjoyed a delicious dinner with small talk, though both had difficulty eating. Harm was nervous. He was about to exposed himself and put it all out on the line.

Mac was nervous because Harm was dress in his dress whites and was acting a little strange. She suspected something was definitely up with her flyboy.

“What’s going on Harm? You’ve been acting strange all evening.” asked a curious Mac.

“I guess I’m a little nervous Sarah. You look so beautiful tonight.” replied Harm as Mac’s heart skip a beat then began to beat faster after hearing Harm use her given name.

“Why Harm?” asked Mac hopefully.

“After our talk last week on the beach I’ve have been doing a lot of thinking.” started Harm.

“What about Harm?” whispered Mac.

“About us Sarah. How I don’t want to live the rest of my life without you. You aren’t just a part of my life anymore Sarah, you are my life.” continued Harm as he heard her gasp.

“I love you Sarah MacKenzie. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to have children with you. I want to grow old with you.” Harm continued on as he saw tears of happiness forming in her eyes.

His confidence was growing with what he saw from her. He got down on one knee.

“Sarah, I know it’s very selfish of me to ask you at this time. You have promised another man that you will marry him next week. I beg you, please do not marry him. I love you Sarah MacKenzie. I want you to become my wife. Sarah, will you marry me.” asked Harm as he held out a diamond ring to her.

Mac was so happy right then. Tears were flowing from her eyes. Her dreams were coming true. Harm had asked her to marry him. He really did love her after all. She glanced around her and noticed that nearly everyone in the club was looking towards her with anticipation of her answer. All of them were hoping for her to say yes.

“Harmon Rabb Jr., I have been in love with you since the day we met and you looked into my eyes as though you were looking into my soul. You have always been there for me through thick and thin.

You are my life too. I would be very happy and honored to become your wife.” replied Mac as Harm slid the ring on her hand.

They stood up as Harm gave her a passionate thank you kiss. Everyone around them applauded as they recognized true happiness.

“What are we going to do Harm? How do I tell Mic that I’m not going to marry him, that I don’t love him because I love someone else.” wailed Mac softly.

“Well first, if it’s okay with you. I talked to the Chaplin this afternoon after you expressed how you would like to get married here in his chapel. He has agreed to marry us tomorrow in the chapel if you so desire.” smiled Harm.

“That sounds so wonderful Harm, but I don’t have a wedding dress wear.” wailed Mac very softly.

“Yes you do Sarah. I took the liberty of arranging to have your wedding dress brought here yesterday. It’s in one of the dressing rooms in the chapel.” replied Harm as Mac gave him a kiss.

“You were pretty cocky there flyboy. I could have said no.” cooed Mac softly.

“Maybe, but after our talk last week I was pretty sure you were in love with me and were looking for me to declare my intentions. I knew saying that I love you wouldn’t be enough. That you wanted to get married and get started on our family.” smiled Harm.

“For once in your life flyboy, you read all the signals correctly. What time are you planning on marrying me tomorrow?” asked Mac seductively as she looked up into his eyes.

“I told the Chaplin about 1000 hours. We can go sailing in the afternoon. I know a secluded island we can have a late lunch and ..... ” grinned Harm as he raised his eyebrows up and down like Groucho Marx.

“That sounds wonderful Harm. You better get me back to my room. I need to get my beauty sleep if that’s possible.” smiled Mac.

“I can help you call people and help cancel the wedding preparations for next week.” offered Harm.

“My God, what about Mic? How do I tell him?” asked Mac.

“We’ll tell him together at the rehearsal dinner. Everyone that’s important will be there.” replied Harm.

“Are you sure you want to be there when I tell him?” asked Mac.

“Of course, I’m the one who’s putting you in the predicament.” replied Harm.

The next morning the Chaplin married Harm and Mac. The Chapel was filled with people who had heard about Harm’s proposal the night before. If there was one activity that the people at Annapolis loved more than Navy beating Army in football, it was the many weddings that were performed at the Academy Chapel. They were all there to witness the happy event.

The Chaplin had the public affairs office send a photographer over to the chapel to photograph the wedding. Harm arranged with the photographer to send the photos to his apartment.

No need for Mic to come across them. He wasn’t worried about Renee finding them. She was going to be away on a shoot all next week.

When Harm walked into the church to talk to the Chaplin before the wedding, he was shocked to see so many people there. He had thought he was going to have a small intimate wedding. Boy, Mac will certainly be surprised he thought.

Twenty minutes later Harm saw Mac walking down the aisle to him. He was stunned to see her looking so beautiful. He had never seen anyone look as beautiful as Mac.

When she reached the end of the aisle that led to Harm, she was taken aback by the full Chapel. Before she started to move down the aisle, a retired Admiral offered to walk her down the aisle.

“May I have the honor Ms. MacKenzie?” the retired Admiral asked as he held out his arm for her to take. “No bride should make this trip alone.”

“Thank you Sir.” replied a surprised Mac as she took his arm.

It was a beautiful ceremony. Harm and Mac exchanged their vows and kissed. As they were leaving the chapel there was an honor guard already formed for them to walk under the arch of swords. The people who attend the ceremony all applauded. Never had they seen a more attractive couple.

After having pictures taken by the photographer Harm and Mac went back to their rooms to change. Harm took Mac sailing on the lake for much of the afternoon before having a late picnic lunch on a secluded beach. They spent a couple hours making passionate love before heading back to campus.

Mac had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. She couldn’t believe that her dream of marrying Harm had finally come true after five years. Harm couldn’t believe how wonderful he felt now that he was married to Mac.

He had been so miserable over the last year. He had felt Mac slipping away from him for so long, he didn’t know if he would ever be happy again. But now with Mac by his side he knew his world was complete.

With Mic away on a case until the end of the week Mac didn’t have to deal with him when she returned from Annapolis. After spending a wonderful weekend with Harm, she was very happy and more alive.

The last time she was this happy was when she was in Russia with Harm searching for his father. During the week she and Harm called all the invited guests to informed them that the wedding had been canceled.

They also called the florist, caterer, the church, and the reception hall to cancel. They hated to do this to Mic, but it was the only way.

On Wednesday afternoon Harm told Mac he had to leave to do his Quals. She was quite surprised to hear this. Especially two days before she would have been marrying Mic.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this Harm?” asked Mac disappointedly.

“I thought I had Sarah. I cleared it with the Admiral months ago.” replied Harm.

“Well you didn’t tell me. What were you trying to do, avoid going to the wedding after you promised me you would be there?” asked a hurt Mac.

“Look Sarah, I intended to tell you, but you had just let everyone know you were getting married. And as time went on I didn’t want to disrupt your wedding plans.

I knew you were having some difficulties with Mic on certain things you both wanted for the wedding. I didn’t want to add to it. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” begged Harm.

“So when are you expecting to be back?” asked Mac.

Harm winced as he said “Late Friday night, maybe 2300 hours.”

“I thought you said you wanted to be there with me when I told our friends and Mic that the wedding was off?” asked a confused Mac.

“I did, but with all the excitement that has been happening the last two weeks I forgot. In fact if Skates hadn’t called me to remind this morning I might have forgotten to go.” smiled Harm hoping she would buy his lame excuse.

“Yeah right. The great Harmon Rabb Jr. forgetting he was supposed to go flying. I don’t think that’s even possible.” responded Mac with a smirk.

“You throw my world out of kilter marine. Loving you is the most important thing I will ever do with my life. When I’m with you I can’t think of anything else but loving you. Even when I’m away from you I think about you. You are my world.” sweet talked Harm.

“Thank you Harm. You’re my world too. You are the only one I want. I’ll forgive you this time, but you better not let it happen again.” cooed Mac softly as she got up on her tiptoes to give him a kiss.

The next morning Harm flew out to the Patrick Henry. He met up with Captain Ingles and Lieutenant Elizabeth ‘Skates’ Hawkes. Captain Ingles sort of gave him the look, the look that told Harm he better keep his nose to the grindstone and not screw up. Skates on the other hand was happy to see him.

“I see you have made up with the Captain.” smiled Harm.

“Yes Sir. Once the trial was over everything went back to normal. He’s still a little upset with you though, but he does understand why you did it.” laughed Skates.

“By the way Sir, how’s the Colonel? And why are you so happy?”

“I’m always happy to be here flying. I live for it. And the Colonel I believe, is quite happy too.” grinned Harm.

“What aren’t you telling me Sir?” asked Skates with a sparkle in her eyes.

“You’ll have to come to Washington to find out Lieutenant.” smiled Harm.

“I plan to be there this weekend Sir. I look forward to the explanation.” smiled Skates.

After an initial wave off early Harm nailed the rest of his landings. By the end of the day Harm had scored out the best. Skates along with the LSO and the Captain were quite surprised.

“What’s going on Sir? you don’t usually land this bird that well. You usually have a few rough landings in you. Have you been practicing somewhere or with someone I don’t know about?” asked Skates.

“No I haven’t, It’s been awhile since the last time I’ve flown. I think it’s just because everything is right with the world.” smiled Harm.

“What aren’t you telling me Sir? I bet it has something to do with the Colonel doesn’t it? I bet you finally took you head out of your six and finally told her how you feel.” guessed Skates as she fired off one question after another.

She remembered the time Mac had visited the Patrick Henry a few years ago while Harm was flying. They were inseparable while she was there. If anyone had asked her she would have said they were married.

“Where did you learn to ask questions like that? You sound like a lawyer. But to answer you question I did have a talk with Mac.” replied Harm with a big grin.

“I thought so Sir. I’ve never seen you so happy before except when you were flying here the last time and the Colonel came here for that mishap investigation.” smiled Skates.

“Come on Lieutenant, let me buy you a cup of coffee before I take off.” replied Harm.

“Where are you going Sir?” asked Skates.

“Back to Washington, I have a party to go to.” smiled Harm.

“And before you ask Lieutenant, the Captain said you can fly back with me.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
The Truth be Known : continuespeter21:24:32 03/31/08 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.