VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: The Truth be Known : continues

Author:
peter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:28:29 03/31/08 Mon
In reply to: peter 's message, "The Truth be Known : continues" on 21:25:53 03/31/08 Mon

part 5 You look good in leather

2120 hours

An hour later as they all sat around the waiting room curiosity got the best of the Admiral. He was wondering why Mac was wearing Harm’s leather flight jacket with her uniform. Though it was highly unusual it wasn’t exactly against the regulations.

“Colonel, maybe you can enlighten me?” began the Admiral.

“If I can Sir.” replied Mac wondering what was wrong.

“Why are you wearing the Commander’s flight jacket?” asked the Admiral.

“I’m not Sir. This is my jacket.” smiled Mac as she thought back to the day she got it from Harm.

“I didn’t know you were an aviator.” responded the Admiral.

“I’ve flown many times Sir. I’ve even had to eject from a jet. Harm and I use to go flying in his bi-plane several times a month when the weather was nice.

He would even let me fly the plane for hours on end. I’m not quite as good as he is, but I’ve become a very capable pilot. He even let me take off and land his plane from time to time.” smiled Mac.

“Wow! That’s amazing Ma’am. The Commander has told me many times how important his bi-plane is to him. I’m sure he doesn’t just let anyone fly his plane.” grinned Skates.

“True, but the reason I have this flight jacket is because, Harm lost the coat I was wearing the first time I went flying with him and I got shot by the poachers. He used my jacket as a decoy.

He then put the flight jacket on me to keep me warm while he carried me back to the plane. I’ve kept it ever since.” smiled Mac in remembrance.

“You kept his flight jacket? A pilot never lets anyone keep their flight jacket. It’s not heard of.” asked a surprised Skates.

“The first time we went flying he caused me pain and suffering. I was entitled to compensation of equal value. Any good lawyer will tell you that. Besides he had two leather flight jackets anyways. And you know Harm, he doesn’t like to mess with marines.” chuckled Mac as everyone laughed with her.

“Still I’m surprised Mac.” replied Trish.

“Harm never gives away a prize possession to anyone.”

“I wouldn’t know anything about that Trish. That’s not a side of him I see very often. As long as he can be right in the courtroom he usually lets me have my way outside it.” replied Mac smiling.

Everyone sat there stunned. Everyone knew Harm and Mac’s relationship was unique and special, but they hadn’t realized how close they really were. They hadn’t realized that even though Harm and Mac fought a lot, Mac had Harm wrapped around her little finger.

“He caters to all of your whims?” asked a surprise Trish.

“Well let me think for a minute, lets see, he cooks me dinner all the time, he lets me choose the movies we watch, when we go running he lets me win most of the time, I get to pick out the restaurants we eat at when we travel, now that I think about it, I decide just about everything we do when we’re together outside of work.” smile Mac.

“I guess he really does love you then.” replied Frank.

“Yeah, I guess so.” responded Mac.

Now it was time for the Admiral to be shock. He knew Harm and Mac probably loved each other, but this was the first time he had ever heard either one of them admit that they did or acknowledged that they knew the other loved them.

2205 hours

Within the next half hour everyone from JAG had arrived at the hospital. As usual Bud and Harriet were the first to arrive. Chloe had come along with Bud and Harriet. She had spent the night with them.

When she saw Mac in the waiting room she didn’t waste any time as she ran right over to Mac to hug her. She started to cry when she asked Mac about Harm.

“Mac, where have you been? I couldn’t find you last night. I was so worried. I had to go home with Harriet. Mic didn’t want me around. I had to sleep in the baby’s room. All he did was cry all night.” whined Chloe.

“I had to get away from everyone and be by myself for awhile sweetie. I wasn’t dealing very well with Harm’s crash. I was in so much pain I had to leave.

Later as I began to get a grip on my feelings, I decided I needed to go out to the Patrick Henry to be there when Harm was rescued. I knew he was going to need me.” replied Mac softly.

“How’s Harm doing?” wailed Chloe softly.

“He broke his leg and his hip. He also fractured some vertebrae in his back because of the ejection.” cried Mac now.

“He going to need surgery to fuse the damage vertebrate in his back, but right now he’s in surgery having his hip and leg fixed.”

“Is he going to be okay now?” asked Chloe.

“I don’t know sweetie, but I’m sure he will be.” replied Mac as she held onto Chloe tightly.

Everyone wanted to know how Harm was doing. But all Mac could tell them was Harm was still in surgery. That he would be in there for a few more hours.

The last ones to arrived were Mic and Renee. Mic wanted to talk to Mac about where she had disappeared to. He wanted to discuss with Mac when they could reschedule their wedding, but Mac told him not now.

It wasn’t the time or place to have that conversation. They would talk later when Harm was out of surgery and was okay.

0030 hours
early next morning

A couple hours later a nurse came out from the surgical operating room. She was surprised to see so many people there. Commander Rabb must be very special to have so many people concerned about him.

She walked over to group of military personnel waiting for word. She saw Mac and asked to talk with her.

“Mrs. Rabb, may I speak with you?” asked the nurse as everyone looked at her a little surprise.

They thought it strange that she would referred to Mac as Mrs. Rabb, but then again if she came in with Harm it might be an innocent assumption.

“Of course Lieutenant. Would you mind if his parent and CO were included too.” asked Mac in returned.

“No Ma’am.” replied the nurse.

Mac wave Trish and Frank to come over. The Admiral came over too. After all Harm was one of his men.

“The surgery was successful. The Commander should be fine. While he was under they decided to remove the bone chips away from his spinal column that were impinging on the spinal cord. They also set his broken leg and hip. He will be sleeping for a few more hours.” reported the nurse.

“Can we go in and see him?” asked Mac.

“We’re moving him to a room right now. I’ll come and get you when he’s ready.” replied the nurse.

As Mac, Trish, and Frank walked back to the others, one of their friends was curious about Mac being referred to as ....... Mrs. Rabb.

“So how is the Commander doing ..... Mrs. Rabb?” Carolyn asked Mac with a sly smile. Mac was caught by surprise with Carolyn’s question. How did she know?

“What?” asked Mac showing confusion.

“The nurse, she just referred to you as Mrs. Rabb.” replied Carolyn smiling.

“Oh ..... ” replied Mac now understanding. She knew how to answer this intrusion into her personal life.

“Hospital personnel always call me Mrs. Rabb anytime Harm or I get hurt and we find ourselves in the hospital. At first I use to correct them, but later I found it much easier and less confusing to them if I just ignore it.

If they think I’m Mrs. Rabb, they will usually let me into his room to see him or vice versa.” responded Mac smugly.

She looked around to see if everyone believed her. It appeared to her that they all did except for Skates and her fiancee who knew the truth. That she really was Mrs. Rabb.

Which was okay because being Mrs. Rabb was the most important thing to her. It meant Harm loved her more than anyone or anything, even flying.

Mic walked up to Mac. He wanted to talk to her. He felt he had been waiting patiently long enough. He had been there for over a three hours since he had arrived.

Harm appeared to be out of surgery and was doing okay. His parents and Renee were here, they could look after him now. He and Mac should be able to talk about their future now.

“Not now Mic. I’m too tired. We’ll talk about it tomorrow. I promise.” replied Mac anticipating what he really wanted.

“Why don’t you home and get some sleep.” continued Mac.

“You should come home with me Sarah. You need to rest too in your own bed.” replied Mic. He knew he need to get her as far away from here and away from Rabb as possible.

“No Mic, if I go home with you I won’t get any sleep. You would want me to satisfy your own personal needs. I need to stay here.

I’m responsible for Harm. I’m listed as his next of kin. If something happens to him they would need my permission to treat him. Go home Mic.” ordered Mac.

Mic mumbled something she didn’t understand but knew it had something to do with Harm, Mic finally relented and went away very disgruntled. He wasn’t a very happy man.

Meanwhile Renee had been waiting for her opportunity to see Harm. After all she was his girlfriend, she should be the one by his side. She should be the one Harm woke up to, but she knew she needed to get past Mac first.

“Mac, I need to see Harm. I need to see that he’s alright.” begged Renee.

“I’m sorry Renee, but they’re only letting his family in for short visits.” replied Mac.

“But they’re going to let you in.” whined Renee.

“That’s because I’m listed as his next of kin. I have the power to make medical decisions for him.” replied Mac.

“Why?” asked Renee.

“Because we travel a lot together Renee. If something were to happen to either one of us, the other one is right there to make the necessary medical decision right away.” replied Mac.

“Oh, that makes sense I guess.” said a glum Renee.

“Renee, go home. I’ll call you if there is any change in his condition. He’s going to be sleeping most of the time for the next several days.

He’s going to be in a great deal of pain when he wakes up Renee. They are probably going to keep him sedated most of the time to make sure he rests.” requested Mac.

After everyone had left except Trish and Frank, Mac went back into Harm’s room to be with him and them.

“Trish, Frank, I have something I need to tell you now that I didn’t want the Admiral or anyone else to know about yet.” started Mac.

“What is it dear?” asked Trish as she stood up and gave Mac a hug.

“Harm and I ..... we’re married.” replied Mac looking to see how Trish took the news.

“Who’s we?” asked Trish.

“Harm and me.” replied Mac.

“You’re married? When did this happen? I didn’t even know he asked you to married him?” asked a stunned Trish.

“Last week when we were at Annapolis. He asked me to marry him and we got married the next day.” smiled Mac.

“Two weeks ago at my engagement party Harm finally told me how he felt. We went for a ride to the ocean. He told me that he had been in love with me for a very long time. Then he gave me the most passionate kiss I have ever had and told me he didn’t want to lose me.” continued Mac.

“All the feelings that I had for him that I thought I had buried, he reawaken them that night. Anyways he wanted to convinced me that he was serious about wanting me, so last Friday he drove up to Annapolis with me for a lecture I was giving.

He showed me around campus before ending up in front of the chapel. He took me to dinner at the O club where he asked me to marry him. We got married the next morning.” finished Mac as she pulled up the sleeve of her jacket to reveal to Trish and Frank her ring.

Trish looked at the ring. She was shocked and didn’t know what to say. All she could do was take Mac into her arms to hug her and cry. Standing in the doorway quietly was Chloe. She had forgotten to tell Mac that she love her and would be praying for Harm.

When she had gotten back to the room to tell Mac, she was stunned to hear Mac talking about marrying Harm. She listened patiently until Mac told Trish that she had gotten married. At which point there was only one thing Chloe could do. She scream

“You married Harm!” Then ran into Mac’s arms to hug her.

“Sarah, I’m so happy for you. I know you have been in love with him for so long.” continued Chloe as she buried her head on Mac’s chest.

“Yes, I did sweetie. By the way young lady why are you still here? I thought you left with Bud and Harriet.” questioned Mac.

“I did, but I forgot to tell you I love you and I would be praying for Harm. So I had to come back.” cried Chloe happily for her big sister.

“That’s okay sweetie, I know you love me. I love you too. You better go now. And please Chloe, don’t say anything to anyone, especially Harriet.” replied Mac as she kissed Chloe’s forehead.

“I won’t Sarah, I promise.” responded Chloe happily.

0800 hours
27 May
Bethesda Naval Hospital

Mac had stayed with Harm all night. She convinced Trish and Frank to go to a hotel for the night and get a good night’s sleep. She would keep an eye on Harm.

Mac had dozed off for most of the night after they left holding Harm’s hand. She had woken up early. She had spent the last hour watching Harm sleep before he finally woke up.

“How are you doing sailor?” asked Mac as she leaned over to give him a kiss.

“I’m still a little groggy, but otherwise I’m fine Mrs. Rabb.” smile Harm.

“You remembered, how sweet of you. How’s your head this morning?” asked Mac sweetly.

“Hurts like the dickens. It feels as though I got run over by a truck. Where am I? This doesn’t look like sick bay.” replied Harm with a puzzled look.

“That’s because it’s not Harm. You fell down sometime last night and hit your head. They had to rush you back to Bethesda to operate on that thick skull of yours.” teased Mac.

“Why then does my whole body hurt Mac.” replied Harm.

“Well considering you broke your hip and leg, fractured three or four lumbar vertebrates, and finally hit your head on something after suffering third degree hypothermia. I can’t imagine why you hurt.” responded Mac with a tears in her eyes. Harm reached up to pull Mac into his arms to hold her tight.

“I’m sorry to have worried you so much Sarah. I’m also sorry to be a pain in your butt.” consoled Harm.

Trish and Frank walked into the room at that moment and saw them together. Trish smiled in relief to see Harm was awake and feeling better. The nurses had told them that Harm would be feeling much better this morning. They walked in and greeted Harm.

“Good morning Harm, how are you doing?” asked his mother.

Harm looked over to Mac to asked “Do they know?”

“Yes, I told them last night and Chloe knows too. She overheard us talking last night. No one else knows.” replied Mac happily.

“Good morning Mom, Frank. I’m doing pretty good considering I almost lost the love of my life yesterday. I could have died. Instead I’m here and she’s married to me. I’m the happiest man in the world.” smiled Harm.

“I have to admit Harm, I didn’t think you had it in you. But your mother and I are very happy for you and Sarah.” responded Frank.

“Thank you Trish, Frank. Even though the past twenty four hours have been nerve racking and bizarre, they still have been very rewarding.” smiled Mac.

1200 hours
hospital

A few hours later Chloe came bouncing into the room. Followed by Harriet and Bud with little Aj. She had an assortment of bags in her hands.

“What do you have there sweetie?” asked Mac.

“I have lunch for you, Harm and his parents. We stop at Beltway burgers for you and me, and Ho’s Oriental Noodle House for the Harm and the Burnett.” replied Chloe cheerfully.

“How are you Harm? I’ve missed you so much. I’m sorry you crash. I’m so glad you’re okay. I love you.” chirped Chloe in rapid succession as she got up on the side of the bed to give Harm a hug. She then whispered

“I’m so happy that you and Mac got married.” Then she gave him a kiss.

“I love you too Chloe. What did you get me to eat?” responded Harm.

“Chicken fingers, noodles, and brown rice.” smiled Chloe.

“Bud, Harriet, nice to see you. Make yourselves comfortable.” greeted Harm.

“Good afternoon Sir. How are you doing?” asked Bud.

“I’m doing okay considering. Mac tells me I will probably be staying here for a few days between my head injury and my back operation before I can go home.” replied Harm.

“How long are you going to be laid up for Sir? When are you coming back to work?” asked Bud.

“It’s going to be quite awhile Bud. Mac told me earlier if I’m lucky maybe ten to twelve weeks.” replied Harm.

Harriet looked over to Bud with a funny face and whispered “Mac told him, Mac said. What do you suppose it all means, huh?” All Bud could do was shrug his shoulders and shake his head.

“Harriet, Mac has Harm’s power of attorney when he’s incapacitated. She makes all the medical decisions for him. And as you saw last night the doctors and nurses were telling her everything.

Harm was unconscious. I doubt he knew anything about what happened last night.” replied an exasperated Bud as he shook his head in disbelief. He couldn’t understand her fascination with their superiors’ love life.

Everyone sat around and enjoyed the nice lunch that Chloe and the Roberts had brought. They chatted for awhile talking about the last couple of days. The discussions included the rehearsal dinner, Harm’s crash, the wait, and finally the rescued.

Later that afternoon the Admiral arrived followed by Carolyn and Mattonie. He wasn’t surprised to see the contingent that was there. He was however surprised to see Harm wide awake and coherent.

1600 hours

An hour later Captain Ingles arrived at the hospital to see how Harm was doing and to talk to the Admiral about the mishap.

“Good afternoon Commander, how are you doing?” asked Captain Ingles.

“I’m doing pretty good Sir. I’m back here with my family and friends. I’ll be here for a few days before they’ll let me go home. Head injury you know.” smile Harm.

“Yeah, about that. How in the world did you manage to end up on the floor. I thought you were supposed to be sleeping?” asked Captain Ingles. Harm looked around embarrassed.

“It’s really quite amusing. I woke up and needed to use the head. There wasn’t anyone around so I got out of bed and hopped to the head. I did my thing and on the way back I slipped on something wet and fell, hitting my head.” smiled Harm.

He knew this story was going to be more infamous then firing the gun in the courtroom.

“Get well soon Commander, I expect to see you again in six months.” deadpan Captain Ingles.

“Yes Sir.” replied Harm.

Captain Ingles turned to the Admiral to tell him of the events of the day.

“You have some special people there Sir. I was quite surprised to see the Colonel show up yesterday. Commander Rabb had informed me he needed to rush back to attend her rehearsal dinner.” started Captain Ingles.

“Maybe to someone who doesn’t know them, but to those of us that do, it was somewhat expected. The Colonel has gone to Russia twice to save his sorry six. They have always been there for each other.” replied the Admiral.

“Well I thought it was strange until she showed us the photo album of her and the Commander. I couldn’t believe how many pages that were in it filled with photos.” continued Captain Ingles.

“Yeah, I saw the album last night. I was quite surprised too. I couldn’t believe how many different gowns she had. There must have been over twenty gowns.” smiled the Admiral.

“Twenty five to be exact Sir. She told me she started with five when she arrived in Washington five years ago. But with all the formal functions she had to attend she bought five more. She conned Rabb into buying her three.

And she said something about getting a couple of new gowns from a guy name Webb every time she agreed to go on a mission for him.” grinned Captain Ingles.

“But what surprised me the most was when he was brought aboard after the rescue. I stopped the corpsmen to talk to the Commander. I asked him how he was doing. All I got back in response was ‘Where’s Mac? I need her.’

So I waved for her to come over to him. She told him she was there and asked him how did he know she was on board. He told her ‘I always know where you are.’

Then I saw the rings on her left hand as she reached to touch his face. She gave him a kiss before he was taken below to sick bay.” finished Captain Ingles as he shook his head.

“What are you implying Captain?” asked the Admiral.

“One would expect to see a ring on her hand. She was getting married.”

“She had a wedding band on her hand too. I had noticed earlier that Commander Rabb had one on his hand too, but I had shrugged it off.” replied Captain Ingles.

“What! They’re married? When?” asked a shocked Admiral.

“Yes Sir. I believe so. Scuttlebutt says last week at Annapolis.” replied Captain Ingles.

“Well I be damm, I never thought he would do it.” responded the Admiral.

“Will miracles never cease.” smiled an astonished Admiral as he rubbed his bald plate.

Harm and Mac talked for a few minutes. Mac needed to go back to her apartment to shower and change. She also thought she needed to spend a little time with Chloe before she had to go back to her grandmother’s.

They both agreed that this would be a good time for Harm to have a talk with Renee. Although Harm wasn’t particularly eager to see her, he had to agree with Mac when she told him that Renee had been very worried about him.

Mac called Renee to let her know that Harm was awake and had asked for her to stop by. Frank and Trish had agreed to stay around to make sure the talk went smoothly with Renee. She then left to take care of business.

1800 hours

Renee had been relieved when Mac called her to tell her that Harm was awake and wanted to see her. Mac told her that Harm was pretty bang up and might be sleepy. She was happy that Harm was alright and had asked for her.

She jumped into her car and drove to Bethesda. When she got there she walked into Harm’s room stopping at the door. She saw Trish and Frank sitting there talking to Harm. Trish waved to her to come into the room.

She went over and took a seat by Harm. They exchanged pleasantries before Trish and Frank left the room to give her some privacy with Harm. They knew what was about to happen.

“You alright honey?” asked Renee.

“I’m bang up pretty good. I’ll be in bed for the next six weeks recovering from the surgery on my back, hip, and leg.” replied Harm.

“Does this mean we can’t play Tarzan and Jane?” asked Renee disappointedly.

“It will be a long time before I can do anything like that.” shuddered Harm.

“Is there anything I can do or get for you Harm?” asked Renee.

“No Renee, but there is something I have to tell you. I’m sorry, but this is going to hurt you.” started Harm.

“Harm, I may be a little disappointed that I won’t to be able to engage in any nighttime activities with you, but I can manage to survive for awhile without it. I can wait.” whispered Renee before giving him a wet sloppy kiss. She didn’t want his parents to hear them talking about sex.

“I don’t think you understand Renee. The reason I asked you here today was to tell you that it’s over between you and me. We can’t be a couple any longer.” continued Harm.

“What do you mean Harm? What did I do?” asked Renee with tears beginning to form in her eyes.

“It’s nothing that you did or didn’t do Renee. I got married last week.” continued Harm. He wondered why she was being so dense. Even Harriet would be able to understand what was being said.

“You ..... you got married? Who?” asked a puzzled Renee. She couldn’t figure out who it could be. It couldn’t be Mac, she was marrying Mic. Who? Who could it be?

“It wasn’t Skates?”

“No Renee, Mac and I are the ones who got married.” replied Harm.

“How’s that possible? She wasn’t even there. She was at the rehearsal dinner with the rest of us. She ran out of the room sobbing. She needed to be left alone. How’s it possible Harm?” asked Renee.

“Mac and I went to Annapolis last week. I asked her to marry me and she said yes. The following day we were married.” replied Harm.

Renee was now in a state of shock. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Mac married Harm. She was supposed to be marrying Mic. Harm was suppose to be hers. What happened to change all this? She looked over to Trish and Frank.

“Did you know anything about this?” asked Renee.

“We only found out about it last night after you left. Mac told us they got married after a long discussion.” replied Trish.

“I’m sorry Renee.” continued Trish. Renee began to cry. She took one more look at Harm and ran out of the room, out of the hospital, and out of Harm’s life.

1800 hours
Mac’s apartment

After showering and changing her clothes Mac spent some quality time with Chloe explaining to her all the things that had happened the last couple of weeks. She told her about the engagement party, the trip to the beach, the trip to Annapolis, how Harm asked her to marry him and then the wedding.

Chloe sat there quietly and listened, absorbing the story with great interest. She was a little disappointed that she wasn’t able to be at the wedding, but she was glad Mac married Harm and not Mic.

She couldn’t wait until she got home. What a great story she had for her friends. Later they left to go to Harm’s place to get him some additional sleepwear, underwear, and clothes to wear home in a few days before heading over to Mario’s Italian Restaurant to get some pasta for take out.

1900 hours

Mac and Chloe went back to the hospital and Harm. Mac pulled out the pasta she had brought back with her. She, Chloe, Harm, Trish, and Frank enjoyed a good meal. When they were finished Mac asked Harm how it went with Renee.

“About as well as can be expected. She really didn’t have a clue. She wanted to be supportive, but I told her that it was over. I told her that I had married you. She started crying and ran out of the room.” replied Harm.

“I’m sorry Harm. I know she had feelings for you.” responded Mac solemnly.

“I cared for her too, but I didn’t love her. I only love you.” replied Harm as he held her hand and kissed it. Mac leaned over to Harm for a semi passionate kiss.

2200 hours
Mac’s apartment

Mac had dropped off Chloe with the Roberts before heading home. She was exhausted and felt the need for a hot soak in the tub. After an hour she walked out of her bathroom after a long relaxing soak in the tub. She dried herself off and putting on her marine tee shirt and sweat pants.

Harm had convinced her that he would be alright for the night and that she should go home and get a good night sleep. She hadn’t wanted to because she didn’t want to spend another night away from Harm.

But she knew he was right. There was no reason for her to be there. He was out of danger and needed his sleep too. Harm’s parents had gone back to their hotel for the night.

She laid back on the couch thinking. Tomorrow she would need to spend some more quality time with Chloe before taking her to the airport. She felt bad that she hadn’t spent more time with Chloe, but Harm had needed her more.

And besides, Chloe was a big girl now. She understood why Mac went out to the carrier and why she was spending so much time with Harm. She knew Chloe was very happy for her.

Chloe had told her earlier today that she had some great stories to tell her friends when she got home. She was on cloud nine because Harm and she had finally gotten married.

As she was trying to decide whether or not she should read a book or go to bed, she heard a knock at the door. She moaned to herself as to who could possibly be visiting her at this time of night.

She walked over to the door and look through the peephole. It was Mic. What was he doing here so late? Why couldn’t he wait until a better time of the day to visit? She was dreading this confrontation as she opened the door to let him in.

“Hello Mic, what are you doing here? It’s kind of late and I’m pretty tired.” greeted Mac.

“I needed to talk to you luv. I need to understand why you went out to the carrier yesterday morning after you told me you needed to be alone? I need to understand why you blew me off when I wanted to talk to you Sarah?

I need to understand why you avoided me all day? We were supposed to be getting married yesterday, but you weren’t here. You ran off to be with Rabb. Why Sarah? Why? I love you.” asked a very confused Mic.

“If you don’t understand Mic, then you don’t know who I am, which is the main reason why I wasn’t there to marry you yesterday. Harm is my best friend. He has always been there for me and I have always been there for him.

Yesterday he needed me to be there for him. Therefore I was. He knows me better than I know myself. He respects me and lets me be who I am and not who he wants me to be.” replied Mac.

“I respect you luv. I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” replied Mic.

“That leads us to an interesting question Mic. When you first arrived here you kept mentioning to me what you had given up to be here with me, but you were willing to move back to Oz when you couldn’t find a job and I hadn’t moved the ring over.

Then last month you commented about how I at least get to wear the uniform. I got the distinct impression Mic that sooner or later you would ask me to resign my commission so that you could return to the Aussie navy.

I’m sure at some point in time you would have expected me to leave all my friends and my life to go back with you to be your stay at home wife.” responded Mac.

“Would that have been so bad Sarah? I gave up all my friends, family, and the navy to be with you Sarah. Why shouldn’t I expect the same from you Sarah? If you loved me like I love you then you would.” argued Mic defiantly.

“The difference is Mic, I never asked you to give up anything. You proposed to me when I was in Australia with Harm. I told you then I didn’t think it would work. But you force the ring onto my finger which led to worst year of my life as my best friend avoided me.

You drove a giant wedge between us that lasted for a long time. But we finally overcame it. When I look back now over the past year I realized that even though you showed me a lot of wonderful attention, you didn’t respect me for who I was.

You seemed to always ignore what I asked of you and did things your own way. I’ve told you many times I don’t like surprises, but you always want to surprise me with things I didn’t want.

I’ve also told you that when I’m mad or upset, I like to be alone to brood and think. That’s who I am, but you think that’s the time you need to distract me because you want sex.” continue Mac.

“But Sarah, I love you. I only want what’s best for you.” replied Mic on the same theme.

“I know that’s what you believe Mic, but in reality I’m just a trophy wife to you. I look good on your arm. You need to be in control of everything. The problem is Mic, I don’t like to be control. I like to do what I want, when I want, and with anyone I want.” spat Mac.

“You need a brainless twit for a wife, who enjoys being the center of your attention, who doesn’t know how to think, and is happy to just be your wife. That just isn’t who I am or want to be.”

“Come on Sarah, luv. Let’s go to bed and make love. We can talk about it some more in the morning.” responded Mic as he realized this conversation wasn’t going in the direction he wanted it to.

He need to take control. Once he got Mac in the sack, she would forget about everything. She always caved in after a night of good sex. He would be able to get his way in the morning like always after a good night in bed.

“You’re right Mic, it’s time for me to go to bed. But you’re not joining me. I had hoped to talk to you about this tomorrow, but I can see I have no choice but to tell you now. Last week at Annapolis Harm and I got married.” stated Mac defiantly.

“What!” yelled Mic in surprised.

“Harm told me how much he loved me. He then asked me to marry him. I knew he meant it because he has a difficult time talking about his feelings. He wouldn’t have asked me if he wasn’t serious. He wants me to be happy.” continued Mac.

“I don’t believe you Sarah. You wouldn’t do anything so rash like that. I know Rabb doesn’t love you, he told me so.” replied an angry Mic.

“He has been telling that story to everyone for years Mic. But everyone we have ever met has always made it a point to ask us how long have we been married or been together.

They all tell us they can see how much we love we have for each other. Even you thought that was true when you first arrived and saw us fighting. That’s why all our relationships with other people have always failed, because they all knew we were in love with each other.” responded Mac sincerely.

“I don’t know what to say.” replied a despondent Mic, conceding defeat in his mind though he wasn’t ready to admit it to Mac.

“Just say congratulations and go home. I’m sorry Mic. I thought I loved you enough to marry you, but I love Harm so much more. I always have and always will.” continued Mac hoping that Mic would understand and leave.

“You’re right Sarah. I always thought that there was something between you and Rabb. I was too afraid to ask. And quite frankly I didn’t want to know. Congratulations Sarah, I wish you the best. Good night.” replied Mic as he gave her one final hug and kiss goodbye.

After Mic left it took awhile for Mac to settle down and relax. She felt like calling Harm to hear his voice, but she knew he was probably sleeping. She didn’t want to disturb him. She made herself a cup of hot chocolate before retiring for the night.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
The Truth be Known : continues to the endpeter21:29:17 03/31/08 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.