VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: The Truth be Known : continues to the end

Author:
peter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:29:17 03/31/08 Mon
In reply to: peter 's message, "The Truth be Known : continues" on 21:28:29 03/31/08 Mon

part 6 Home Sweet Home

0800 hours
28 May
Bethesda Naval Hospital

Early the next morning Mac went to Bethesda to see Harm. She had missed him last night. She couldn’t wait for the day Harm could home and they would be able to spend their nights together in each other’s arms. She went into his room as the nurse was leaving.

“Good morning flyboy, how are you doing this morning?” asked Mac cheerfully.

“Better now that the pain medication is working and you’re here. I’m so happy to see you Sarah.” replied Harm with a grin.

Mac walked over to give him a gentle hug and kiss.

“I had a visitor last night.” began Mac.

“Oh! Who may I ask came to visit you at such a late hour?” asked Harm curiously.

“Mic stopped by. He wanted to talk.” replied Mac without emotion.

“What did he want to talk about?” asked Harm apprehensively. We need to get him out of our lives quickly thought Harm.

“I think you can probably figure it out, but I’ll tell you anyway. He wanted to know where I went, why I went to you, and when were we going to reschedule the wedding.” smiled Mac.

“He did, did he. What did you tell him?” asked Harm with an amused look on his face.

“I told him I left to be alone to deal with your crash. I then told him I went to the Patrick Henry because you were going to need me. And I told him we weren’t going to reschedule the wedding because I was already married.” smiled Mac sweetly.

“I bet he was happy about that.” grinned Harm.

“Oh he was ecstatic about the news. Before I told him we got married he was trying to convince me to go to bed with him. I told him that was never going to happen again.” smiled Mac.

“I’m glad you told him, though I would have like to have been close by in case you needed me there for support.” wished Harm.

“It would have been nice to have you there Harm, but Mic isn’t a bad guy. He took the news with the grace of a gentleman. I just wished he picked a better time of the day to visit, not late on a Sunday night when I was dragging and worried about you.” responded Mac.

“I love you ninja girl.” replied Harm.

“And I love you too.” responded Mac as she leaned over and gave Harm a passionate kiss.

19 June
Mac’s apartment

A three weeks later Harm was allowed to leave the hospital. Mac took him home to her place because it was larger and in a nicer neighborhood. Harm was happy to get out of the sterile environment. He was getting tired of being prodded and pricked soon after he had fallen asleep.

Mac had been working half days the previous week trying to keep on top of things and save some of her leave time. For the next several weeks though she was going to take compassionate sick leave to take care of Harm until he could at least get around the apartment.

Mac had picked up some take out from Ho’s Chinese Restaurant on her way home. She had gotten enough to last a few days. Even though she wasn’t the greatest cook, she wasn’t really that bad either.

It was more the case that cooking for one got tiring after awhile. Cooking for two wouldn’t be so bad. Harriet had even offered to cook some casseroles for her. But dealing with Harm getting settled in was going to take some time and energy.

As they were getting ready to sit down to dinner there was a knock at the door. Mac got up and went over to see who it was. She wonder what it was with people who like to show up at dinnertime.

Didn’t they have a life of their own. She looked through the peephole, it was the Admiral. Mac was surprised to see him there. She opened the door to let him in. She was wondering why he was there.

“Good evening Sir. Why don’t you come in. I’m quite surprise to see you Sir.” greeted Mac.

“I came by to see how Mr. Rabb was settling in, that is in his new home Mrs. Rabb.” smiled the Admiral.

“What Sir? I don’t understand.” replied a shocked Mac.

“Come on Colonel, I know the whole story. I know you and the Commander got married a couple of weeks ago.” replied the Admiral smiling.

He loved catching his people by surprise and unaware. For some reason they all seem to believe that they could pull the wool over his eyes and get away with doing something without getting caught.

“Well Colonel?”

“Sir, why don’t you sit down and join us. We were just getting ready to eat dinner. Would you like something to drink?” responded Mac without missing a beat hoping to divert the Admiral’s attention for the moment.

“Thank you Mac, anything you have is fine.” replied the Admiral. He was amazed at how quickly she had changed the subject without forethought. No wonder why she was great in the courtroom.

They settled down and spent the next hour eating dinner and having casual conversation. Mac updated the Admiral on Harm’s status and rehab schedule. She told him that Harm would probably be out another nine weeks.

The Admiral smiled as he listen to her brief him. Here she was avoiding the fact that they had gotten married, yet she was the one who knew all the pertinent facts regarding Harm’s disability and his scheduled recovery.

The Admiral sat there watching Harm and Mac for a moment while she was cleaning up after dinner. He noticed the different looks they were giving each other as Mac cleaned up. He wondered what were they conveying to each other with their looks while being silent.

As Mac took everything to the kitchen Harm began to speak to the Admiral.

“How did you know Sir? Mac only told my parents and Chloe.” asked Harm digging for info while not really confirming anything.

“Actually I learned that you were married from Captain Ingles. Apparently between the scuttlebutt running rampart on the Henry and the fact he saw Mac’s wedding band while she was kissing you, he knew you two must have gotten married. He told me that day when he came by to check up on you.” smiled the Admiral.

By this time Mac had returned to the living room where Harm and the Admiral were.

“We were going to tell you Sir.” started Mac

“But we wanted to clear things up with Mic and Renee first. We thought we owed them that courtesy.” continued Harm.

“We felt they should know about us getting married before anyone else.” continued Mac.

“Unfortunately the crash screwed things up.” added Harm.

“I was going to tell everyone the wedding to Mic was off at the rehearsal dinner.” explained Mac.

“And I wanted to be there with her when she did.” offered Harm.

The Admiral’s head was beginning to spin. He was in the middle of a verbal ping pong game between Harm and Mac and they were firing off one sentence after another. He had never seen anything like it in life.

It was if they were of one mind. He had thought they were communicating with their looks. Now he was sure of it.

“What’s the matter Admiral? Are you alright?” asked Mac as she gave Harm a smile.

The look said we must have given him a brain overload. Harm with a rolling movement of his eye and nod of his head showed he was in agreement.

“Stop doing that you two.” barked the Admiral.

“What Sir?” smiled Harm. He was enjoying this game. The Admiral thought he had their number huh, well we’ll show him he ain’t seen nothing yet.

“This communicating thing you two have going with the looks and completing each other’s sentences.” replied the Admiral.

“Don’t have any idea what you’re talking about Sir.” responded Mac as Harm held in a laugh.

“We’re just carrying on a normal conversation like we always do.” agreed Harm.

“If this is the way you two conduct your investigations, no wonder why you’re so good. I think I need to get going before I still have a mind left. I better make sure I have a buffer next time I visit.” declared the Admiral as he held his head.

“Good night Sir.” replied Mac as she walked him to the door.

23 August
JAG Headquarters

Twelve weeks after the crash Harm finally return to work. He had spent the last six weeks doing intensive rehab work to regain his normal gait again.

It was grueling work that left Harm exhausted most nights, but with Mac’s encouragement he knew he would overcome his disability and return to work healthy.

When he arrived with Mac that morning, everyone was quite surprised to see him. They were happy to see him, but wondered why he came in with Mac. Mac was usually an early arrival and Harm usually whisked in with a few minutes to spare. But today they were here at the same time. What was the story?

Mac stood in the middle of the bullpen.

“May I have everyone’s attention.” At that moment the Admiral walked out of his office to see what was going on.

“Harm and I have an announcement.” started Mac.

“Three months ago a week before my crash, I asked Colonel MacKenzie to marry me.” began Harm.

There was a murmur throughout the crowd gathered in the bullpen. The Colonel was supposed to have been marrying the Aussie mumbler. But for some reason that they all were unaware of the wedding hadn’t been rescheduled.

Now they were beginning to understand why. They all knew that there was a special connection between the Commander and the Colonel. If anything, they had all wondered why the Commander hadn’t done anything before now.

“I didn’t answer him right away. I didn’t know whether or not he was delirious. So I waited a moment until I realized it wasn’t a dream, that he was being serious.” continue Mac.

“I didn’t know that was possible with the Commander.” yelled out Sturgis who had arrive shortly after Harm’s crash to help out while Harm was rehabbing.

“Anyway he asked me again to marry him. After thinking about it for a few seconds more I was convinced that he was being serious and I said yes.” smiled Mac.

“We got married the next morning.” finished Harm.

“You’re married?” asked a shocked Singer as everyone else stood there in shock.

“I didn’t think you had it in you old man.” responded Sturgis as he shook their hands. Everyone followed suit congratulating them for getting married. Harriet was in tears as she hugged Mac.

After fifteen minutes the Admiral yelled out “Back to work!”

“By the way Harriet who won the pool?” asked Bud.

“I don’t know.” replied Harriet.

“Tyner!” Tyner came running over with the pool book.

“Damm! I didn’t win.” exclaimed Tyner.

“Who did?” asked Harriet again.

“Lieutenant Singer.” replied Tyner shaking his head.

“How’s that possible? Why would she pick that particular week?” asked Harriet.

“Come on now. Ever since I’ve been here I heard about how much they were meant to be together from you Harriet. It was Commander Rabb’s last chance. He’s too vain to let Commander Brumby have Colonel MacKenzie. It was a shoe in after the engagement party.” beamed Loren.

The End

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.