VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: Time in Between : continues till the end

Author:
peter
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:38:32 04/02/08 Wed
In reply to: peter 's message, "Time in Between : continues" on 17:37:37 04/02/08 Wed

part six Party time

Carolyn, Mac, Jen, Harriet, and the other ladies of Jag walked into the nightclub. They looked around and took in the ambience, it truly was amazing. It looked so elegant. It had a great ambience to it. It was the perfect place to be especially with someone you love.

They were shown to a few tables not far from the stage. They all ordered their drinks and snacks. They began talking about their lives, their hopes for the future, and what might have been. They eventually worked their way around to talking about Harm.

“Have you heard from him Sarah?” asked Carolyn.

“What?” replied Mac.

She had been in a fog. She had been thinking about how much Harm would have loved this place. How they would have probably come here several times in the last few months to dance. This place was so perfect. He somehow always knew about places like this.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t listening. I was thinking about something else.” replied Mac as she became aware of the others at the table looking at her as if they knew whom she was thinking of.

“You were thinking about him Sarah, about the Commander. How this would be the perfect place to dine and dance.” injected Jen.

Jen was going to school for a Psychology degree. One of her favorite things about psychology was observing people. Over the years she had closely observed Harm and Mac starting with the first time she saw them together.

She had thought them to be the perfect couple. The way they talked to each other, the non verbal body language, and the subtle way they looked at each other spoke volumes about how they felt about each other.

She was surprised that they hadn’t gotten together yet. Something happened on the Colonel’s last mission that blew their relationship apart. She didn’t know if she would ever learn about what happened. All she knew was the Commander was somehow at fault.

“We all miss him Ma’am. He’s been a major part of our lives for so long. It’s not easy knowing that he not there anymore whenever we need him.” added Harriet.

“Have you heard from him Sarah? It’s been a few weeks since the CIA fired him.” asked Carolyn again.

“Nope, I haven’t heard from him since he left the Admiral’s office last spring. The Admiral chewed him out pretty bad in front of me. He said Harm wasn’t a team player, he was too much of a glory hound.

He was gone before I could leave the Admiral’s office to talk to him. I never saw him again until he was on ZNN after he landed the C-130. I’ve tried calling him, I even left him messages, but he has never returned any of my calls.” sighed Mac.

Why were they bringing all this up again? This was supposed to be a party, a night out on the town. They were here to have a good time, not to talk about what wasn’t. She was here to be cheered up if only for a few hours.

She didn’t want to talk about Harm. Thinking about him only made her feel sad and miserable that he was no longer in her life. He had walked away from her once again. This had been the third time. She guessed it wasn't meant to be.

They looked up to the stage. Music was beginning to play. A singer came out on stage and began singing “I’m Mister Lonely”. He was very tall and very good looking. His hair was quite long. He reminded them of someone they all once knew.

Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
I have nobody for my own.
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
wish I had someone to call on the phone.

I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier,

Away from home through no wish of my own.
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
I wish that I could go back home.

Letters, never a letter,
I get no letters in the mail.
I've been forgotten, yeah, forgotten,
Oh how I wonder how is it I failed.

I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier,
Away from home through no wish of my own
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
I wish that I could go back home.

The song got Mac to thinking of Harm again. This probably would be a song of how Harm was feeling right now. His life had been the Navy and Jag. All his close friends were associated with the Navy.

He had to be alone. Even though she was here with their friends, she often felt herself being lonely without Harm in her life.

The singer then went on to sing “Pretty Woman”, which got the mostly female crowd going berserk. They love the way he was singing the song. He walked around the stage looking into each woman’s eyes as he sung.

When the singer began singing his third song the Jag gang all began to realized who he was, it was Harm. They were all surprised and stunned.

He had come nearer to them and they had gotten a closer look. They were surprised not only that it was him, but that he was such a good singer. They all looked over to Mac.

“Why are you all looking at me? I didn’t know he was here. I didn’t even know he was in town.” replied Mac. “Carolyn?”

“I didn’t know anything about it either Sarah. I just heard this was a great place to come to. This is the first time I’ve been here myself. I swear Sarah.” replied Carolyn.

“He looks good Mac. He looks really sexy with long hair.” commented Jen.

By this time Mac wasn’t listening to them anymore. All she could do was looked at Harm, the man she still loved more than anything else. He looked better than ever though he had a look of sadness that only she could see.

She could see that he was as unhappy as she was. He looked so lost to her as though he was drowning in a sea of despair. She wondered if any of the others could see the pain she saw?

Every time Harm finished a song the women in the crow would holler their approval. To them he was a heartthrob. He was beautiful and he could sing. The more they clapped the better he performed for them.

part seven Sing Me a Song

Wish You Were Here

So, so you think you can tell,
heaven from hell?
Blue skies from pain?

Can you tell a green field,
from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?

Do you think you can tell?
Did they get you to trade,
your heroes for ghosts?

Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change

And did you exchange,
a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage...

How I wish,
how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl,
year after year

Running over the same old ground,
what have we found -
the same old fears?

Wish you were here

After he had finished singing “Wish You Were Here” Harm saw them. At first he only recognized Harriet and Jen. He wondered if Mac was there with them. Then he saw Mac, the woman he still loved, sitting with their friends.

She looked so beautiful. Her had grown out a lot and it now framed her face perfectly. She had a look of loneliness too. Maybe there was still hope for them to be together.

As he finished the song he went back to the band and asked them to play another song. He went out on stage again. He walked around on stage for a minute before ending up not far from their table.

Lost Without You

I know I can be a little stubborn sometimes (I say)
A little righteous and too proud
I just wanna find a way to compromise
Cause I believe we can work things out

I thought that I had all the answers
never givin in
but baby since you've gone
I admit I was wrong

All I know is I'm lost without you
I'm not gonna lie
how am I gonna be strong without you
I need you by my side
if we ever say we'd never be together
in the end you wave goodbye
dunno what I'd do
I'm lost without you

I keep trying to find my way
and all I know is I'm lost without you
I keep trying to face the day
I'm lost without you

How am I ever gonna get rid of these blues
baby I'm so lonely all the time
everywhere I go I get so confused
your the only thing that's on my mind

On my bed so cold at night
I miss you more each day
only you can make it right
no I'm not too proud to say

I'm not gonna lie
I need you by my side
dunno what I'd do
I'm lost without you

I'm lost without you

If I could only hold you now
make the pain just go away
can't stop the tears from running down my face (ho)

I'm not gonna lie
I need you by my side
dunno what I'd do
I'm lost without you

an all I know is
I'm lost without your love
and all I know is
I'm lost without you (ho)
I'm lost without you

Mac had stopped talking with Jen when she heard Harm singing this song. She knew he was telling her how much he missed her. Tears began to form in her eyes as well as she listened to music playing in the background. He still loved her.

Everyone at the table looked at her wondering what she would do, how she would react? They all saw moisture in her eyes as they all knew that Mac still cared for Harm and that she was moved by his declaration.

Harm began singing his last song of the night. “Don’t Forget to Remember Me”. It was a special one for Mac.

“Don’t Forget to Remember Me”

Oh my heart won’t believe that you have left me
I keep telling my self that it’s true
I can get over anything you want my love
But I can’t get myself over you

Don’t forget to remember me
And the love that used to be
I still remember you
I love you
In my heart lies a memory to tell the stars above
Don’t forget to remember me my love

On my wall lies a photograph of you girl
Though I try to forget you somehow
You’re the mirror of my soul so take me out of my hole
Let me try to go on living right now

Don’t forget to remember me
And the love that used to be
I still remember you
I love you
In my heart lies a memory to tell the stars above
Don’t forget to remember me my love

He slowly looked and moved around the stage before standing in front of Mac. The women in the audience all swoon as Harm’s voice carried them to a romantic frenzy.

Harm moved down the steps to stand in front of Mac. The audience could see that he was singing to Mac as if no one else was there with them. He reached out a hand to Mac and beckoned her to come with him. She reached out and took his hand.

Harm continued singing as he pulled her up and led her on stage with him. There was more swooning from the audience as they watched Harm lead the tall slender beautiful woman on stage. How they all envied Mac.

Carolyn, Jen, and Harriet began to cry at the wonderful sight they were seeing. True love was finally expressing itself between two people they loved so dearly. They hoped this was the beginning of something wonderful.

Harm continued to sing as he drew Mac into his arms and began slow dancing with her. He sung softly and sweetly. Mac’s eyes were close as she absorbed the warmth of his embrace around her. Her smile was slowly growing.

Finally as Harm was singing ever so softly into Mac’s ear and microphone he said “I love you baby.” before stopping and just holding her tightly to his chest. He didn’t move. Mac didn’t move.

They just enjoyed the feeling on being there together for the first time in many months. The crowd was going wild as they all appreciated what they were seeing. It was a true love story, one that would last forever in their minds.

epilog

Later that night the Admiral was watching the news on TV. It was time for the entertainment segment. Usually he would walked out to the kitchen at this time to get a snack before turning in, but tonight he was too tired.

They were talking about a new nightclub geared toward the older generation. It sounded like a place he would take a lady friend for some fine dining and dancing.

A perfect place for a quiet Saturday night out. It also made him think of what ifs. It was a place he believed that Harm and Mac would surely visit. He had always pictured them as a couple enjoying life.

“This is Ted Sullivan reporting for WEEZ TV. We’re at the grand opening of Hooligans Night Club, Andrea. It turned out to be a very special night as two long lost souls found each other.”

‘No it couldn’t be.’ thought the Admiral.

“The winner of a local Amateur Singing Contest wowed the socks off the mostly all female audience. At the end he sung a very special song for a special lady. He went down into the crowd and brought her back on stage with him.”

‘It has to be him. It has to be her. I just know I’m going to get a phone call.’ thought the Admiral.

“No matter how hard I try I can’t give this story the proper feeling. It was so emotional you just had to cry. So without further adieu, roll the tape Sandy.”

The Admiral watched as he saw Harm go into the crowd and lead Mac back on stage with him. He was singing a love ballad to her. Then they were dancing like two long lost lovers. He sighed as the telephone rang.

He reached over and said “Chegwidden. Yes Sir, I was expecting your call.”

The End

I'm Mr. Lonely, by Bobby Vinton
Pretty Woman, by Roy Orbison
Wish You Were Here, by Pink Floyd
Lost Without You, by Delta Goodrem
Don’t Forget to Remember Me, by the Bee Gees

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.