VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: year identifying a mk2 chopper

Author:
DONALD KIRKBRIDE
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri, Jul 09 2010, 7:58:28 GMT-4

HI
just bought a mark 2 chopper which am intending to restore to just wheeled out the bike shop condition for showing at classic car shows
the bike has been resprayed in the past and is now red so am having it resprayed infra red which will be an exact colour match to the ral colour
need some help with stuff though hope someone can help
year identification
frame number 1679890 someone on another forum suggested that it is a 1973 mk2 as the frame number is on the fork end but frame numbers were moved to the back of the seat tube in 1974 however in early 1974 the arrow wedge regd design transfer was fitted and my bike has this though it may be because it was on the set of replacement transfers fitted after it was resprayed there is also a transfer at the bottom of the seat tube which says ti raleigh above a union flag again, it may have been in the set of replacement transfers, if it is 73 i would like to have the correct month 73 sturmey hub fitted to the rear wheel.
which are the correct brake bolts the panhead or bolts with the sturmey archer disc also were the brake hooks fitted to 73 choppers? were they on the back only or on both brakes
I look forward to hearing from someone who can help me with the info that am looking for

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.