VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Rule for dancer with 2 firsts going to NE feis

Author:
mom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:16:00 03/27/17 Mon

Is the rule that a dancer has to adhere to the rules in a region where they are feising, not their home region? A first last year and a first this year would mean the dancer has to go to OC to feis in NER?

just wondering...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Yes, if you are dancing in NE, you adhere to rules listed on feis syllabus. Multiple firsts in same year may continue to dance in prelim; a first in 2016 and then again in 2017 must move up. DD had a dancer in her group in this situation; school hosting feis was located in MAR but feis took place in NE; host school was notified of issue and contacted dancer to correct it.

Author:
could be misunderstanding
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:54 03/27/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: same

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:28 03/27/17 Mon

My daughter goes through the same thing. She is in PW and as soon as she sees this one dancer she knows who the firsts are going to. This other dancers has firsts in every dance. And at least 3 first in each. They need to give other dancers the chance

[> [> Subject: It's a bit different for PW though. It may be annoying, but there is no rule about moving out of PW. You could actually stay in PW forever if you wanted to.

Author:
X
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:13 03/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: OK, thanks I thought so. I do see someone registered incorrectly for upcoming feis.

Author:
Hopefully her TC will let her know, so she doesn't get in trouble.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:56 03/27/17 Mon

[> Subject: No more loop holes for "just wondering"

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:31 03/27/17 Mon

Open status is determined by the region in which the dancer lives. If the dancer is from a region that requires three 1st's to move to open then they have to dance in prelim in all regions until the third 1st has been achieved. It is always a good idea o consult with a TCRG for the most up-to-date and accurate rules.

[> [> Subject: Nope that's not allowed. A lot of TCs don't allow their dancers to go out of region in that case because they don't want them to dance open.

Author:
X
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:08:35 03/28/17 Tue

Read the syllabus. If you have won two prelims a year apart you are not eligible to dance prelim in this region. It doesn't matter where you are from.

[> [> Subject: Incorrect. You must follow the rules in the region in which you are competing.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:37 03/28/17 Tue

[> Subject: Check with your teacher, I asked mine last year for same issue.

Author:
Was told they follow their own region, not where they Feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:20:17 03/29/17 Wed

I still don't agree with it, but he is adcrg and checked with the region. I gave him copies of Feis syllabus for three regions that state what posters above say... but he told me that mid Atlantic dancers stay in prelim until 3 firsts no matter where they Feis, So I let it go. Dd finally got her win, despite all this confusion. Seems to me this has caused enough angst they could standardize the wording between the regions.

[> Subject: Agreed - our MAR TCRG told us the same thing(continue to register in prelim in all regions until 3rd -1st)

Author:
One more 1st
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:39 03/29/17 Wed

[> Subject: A dancer who wins two first place preliminary championships in one calendar year must move on to open championship the following year or as soon as the second win is achieved in any age category in the following years.

Author:
copied from NER feis syllabus
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:36:12 03/29/17 Wed

Looks like the rule is for all attendees of the feis, no matter what region they are from

[> Subject: Score is 4 to 3 :) Please check with your TC or email the feis committee and let them check.

Author:
It's not clear and you can't go by what MB says.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:00:07 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> Subject: I think the answer is to ask the feis committee. It seems to me some TCs are giving misinformation, and it would be really unfortunate to register for the feis, travel to it, only to find out the feis will not allow your dd to dance in prelim.

Author:
Advice.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:24:26 03/30/17 Thu

[> [> [> Subject: Very good advice.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:33 03/30/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.