VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: As you may know, there are 3 judges in each prelim and champ competition, and the overall placements are the average of those 3 judges' marks. But for the medal rounds, they choose one judge for each round and award the medals to the dancers placed highest by that judge only. They choose a different judge for each round. I hope this makes some kind of sense to you. If not, feel free to ask more ques.

Author:
mom of OC
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:41:18 04/02/17 Sun
In reply to: Nov 's message, "I only have a novice daughter but can someone pls explain prelim to me how can you medal but then not overall Place how does that work" on 17:29:02 04/02/17 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Just one correction: the overall placement is NOT an average of three judges marks. Each judge's marks are ranked and then those rankings are converted to Irish points and the overall placement is the sum total of the Irish points.

Author:
Another whole thing to learn--Irish points
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:34 04/02/17 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.