VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: Stress Reaction

Author:
Dancer94
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:37:21 04/10/17 Mon

Hello,

My daughter was just told that her MRI results indicated that she had a Stress Reaction (the phase right before a stress fracture). I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with it and how you went about recovery? Thank you!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: If she is still trying to dance, make her stop immediately. Don't waste time with local orthopedic doctors, go directly to the Sports Medicine clinic at Childrens Hospital in Boston. Well worth traveling for. There are multiple doctors there who are experienced in treating this in Irish dancers. I now regret the months we wasted with a local, highly respected sports medicine orthopedic doctor. Dd did not improve until we went to Children's.

Author:
regretful mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:13:34 04/11/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Stress reaction

Author:
Diane White
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:30:07 04/17/17 Mon

My daughter had stress reaction to her heel, this past year. She wore a boot for 6 weeks, then was able to dance with gel heels in her hard shoes. She was able to dance (not full out) and in sneakers, after 3 weeks, but you have to be careful not to dance too early. Icing at night helped alot. Using a jetted foot bath with epson salts helped as well. Good luck to her.

[> [> Subject: When in a boot, try to get shoes so both legs are the same height as the boot. Otherwise, you end up with hip and back issues.

Author:
been there, done that
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:36 04/18/17 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.