VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]
Subject: The girls in my dd's age group are generally great, but there is always an exception or two. My dd knows that the day she pulled a face or rolled her eyes at awards, she'd be in the car and not feising for a good long while (and her TCs would be absolutely in agreement).

Author:
mom of OC
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:12:36 05/08/17 Mon
In reply to: Disgraceful 's message, "Is anyone else tired of poor sportsmanship at awards?" on 10:50:11 05/08/17 Mon

My daughter spent a looooong time (years) in prelim, watching others place with a smile on her face and clapping in support - only to cry in privacy on the ride home. Now that she has finally been able to break through and succeed in opens, she is very sensitive to being the one to clap for everyone, always smile, and comfort those who may have had a bad day. Her kindness and attitude are the thing I am most proud of from her days in Irish dance. It isn't the awards, it's the person you grow into being.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Same here. Also bothersome: the girls who don't place (we are talking teenagers) who start crying bitterly and generally losing it. Gotta grow a thicker skin, sweethearts.

Author:
It's a tough sport
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:06 05/08/17 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Once overheard a mom decline the offer for another family to give her dd a ride home when results were running long, so the offering family didn't have to listen to a tantrum if she didn't place high enough

Author:
My dd wouldn't get to stay for awards if that was expected
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:54 05/09/17 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.